Looper

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Looper

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's a movie staring Joseph Gordon Levitt and Bruce Willis and involves time travel. You've probably all seen the trailer but it's based on a "Looper" who is a person that kills people that are sent from the future to the past by a crime syndicate. Occasionally the person sent back in time is yourself and you end up having to kill your future self. That is basically where the movie starts and Bruce Willis is the future self of Joseph Gordan Levitt.

The movie is much more than what I just described and has lots more in the story than that, it keeps adding another layer the farther you go in the movie which is something I love. Too often in movies you see them tell the whole premise and then they just deal with that the whole time until the end of the movie when they reveal something else. Now the person I went with didn't really like the movie because they thought it was slow but I enjoyed it quite a bit even though I admit to it being slow in some parts.

The movie is a heavy science fiction movie and deals with a lot of things related to time travel and also the story of the characters. The preview makes the movie seems like it's a action movie but it's more of a steady thinking man's science fiction with some good action mixed in. The story has some hardcore stuff in it that kind of pushes the boundary but it was cool that they went that direction. Some of the downsides of the film is that they had some amazing scenes that I felt like they cut short on in favor of going back to some somewhat drawn out sequences out on a farm.

This movie is something I think every DACKer would enjoy and I suggest you all give it a watch. I feel like this movie is going to be talked about for awhile now in the community.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You sound so enthusiastic, it's really that good? Better than Inception?

Also, how can Joseph Gordon whatever end up looking like Bruce Willis?? You need a lot of fucking imagination, no? The first one is a teen and the latter is like one of the most male icon on the planet D:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's probably not as good as inception but I still thought it was a good movie, just take a look at some of the reviews of it they all are saying the same thing.

They put a lot of make up on Joseph Gordon- Levitt to a point that he probably could look like Bruce Willis. I think their main thing was the nose and stuff because when you compare the two actors you would wonder how ones nose got so much bigger and different over the years in terms of Bruce Willis. Either way, it's a pretty hard thing to make a younger version of an actor because no one saw the actor when he was young because he didn't get in the industry at that age.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Don't expect miracles with the time travel mechanics. I did enjoy how they handled trying to explain it though. :chew:
I miss the good ol' USSA.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I'd be pissed to find out that i end up being bald in the future.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

PooperScooper's review of Looper is super.

I thought it was very good, although it lacks a certain...something. Inception, for example, had me glued to the screen; this is a little less gripping, but well-crafted. The acting, writing, editing, and direction are absolutely ace; it's a razor-sharp movie, no dull spots or lazy plotting. I enjoyed the dashes of black humor amongst all the downcast grittiness of the story.
Our Host!