Lock out

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Lock out

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Sorry about now updating that often I just keep forgetting to. The movie I saw this week was Lockout which is about an prison in space in which the presidents daughter is kidnapped on and now they must send in a lone agent to save her. It stars Guy Pierce as the main guy and this really a B movie all the way through to the point that they were trying to be B level. It looks like it's a Luc Besson type of production but I don't know what that means anymore since it's not like he directs them. Lots of action and one liners made by Guy Pierce but nothing very good in any of it.

If i had to best describe it I would probably see it's a premier syfy channel movies with decent CGI compared to other syfy movies. For comparison, a syfy movie would be something like Mega Shark Versus Crocosaurus.

I think Guy Pierce places a good smartass action guy but his muscles looked a bit fake hurrr.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this movie unless you see it on TV or want some quick and dirty action. It had all the right makings to do a good fun movie but I guess it's too hard to make them good anymore.
Why can't they just copy a good movie and do it just like that? We aren't reinventing the wheel here.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Well this is disappointing. I honestly wanted it to be a fun movie. Its been a while since a good B action movie has come out.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Re: Lock out

Post by MadBill »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Why can't they just copy a good movie and do it just like that? We aren't reinventing the wheel here.
:clap:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:It looks like it's a Luc Besson type of production but I don't know what that means anymore since it's not like he directs them.
Bruckheimer never directs any movies either, to my knowledge, and they all end up looking exactly the same. Hence "No, not another Fuckheimer flick!". So yeah, know watcha mean.
Our Host!