Fallout-Inspired Interior Design

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Macky
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Fallout-Inspired Interior Design

Post by Macky »

I know it's been a while since I've posted here. Since Fallout came out on PC I've been coming here at least once every few weeks, but I don't typically post during the stretches in between Fallout sequels. This is not to say that I don't remain obsessive about Fallout and all things post-nuclear (I'm currently waiting for Metro: Last Light) nearly every day, I just tend to divert my apocalytia-inspired sublimating impulses to my every day throws.

So I've been doing 1950's and 1960's-inspired (with a hint of 1970's) interior design for quite some time. I know what you're thinking; I must be fabulous.

I've decided to begin sharing some of these displays with the DAC community because... why not. Nobody in the real world gets it anyway - I figure some of you might appreciate it.

I just want to make one point here: designing an entire room to fit a fallout-inspired motif in your home is easy and fun. I hope this will inspire some of you to transform your space using the sensibility that we have all come to feel at home with - The Fallout Style.

*Vintage Suitcases: I Found a set of 4 of these late 1960's traveling suitcases in San Francisco (via Craigslist.org). $50.00 for 4 (only 2 pictured).

*Digital World Clock: This is a Seiko World Time Touch Sensor digital clock given to my father as a gift while in Japan, circa 1987. $95.00 retail value.

*Poker Chips: From Fallout: New Vegas Special Edition. $80.00 retail value.

* Drink Coasters: Pre-order special at Best Buy in America. I pre-ordered 2 copies for $5 just for the coasters. I never went back to claim the game(s). $5.00 in total.

* Stainless Steel Ashtray: I stole this ashtray from a bar in Rotterdam, The Netherlands when I was in my early 20's. So, Free.

* Cigarette: Actually this is an E-Cigarette from GreenSmoke.com. I recommend this product to any smoker who wants to have their cake and eat it too (get the nicotine fix without risking your health). And when you really think about it, an electronic cigarette is totally Fallout. $100.00 for E-Cig starter kit.

Just wanted to throw this in for sentiment. You all remember the special pre-order bonus satchel that came with Fallout: Tactics on PC when ordering from Interplay's online store? Oh, memories. This one is still in pretty good shape.

I'll be back soon with another display if I don't get too many 'die in a fire' responses to this posting.

Steel Be With You (naturally this comment is meant to be facetious)
-Macky
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Dang Macky.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

people in the 50s did interior design by tossing random shit like coasters and poker chips on their suitcases? i can appreciate what you're trying to do but it seems a bit random and just isn't canon okay

also are you trying to create 50s themed room or a fallout fanboy shrine
Macky
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Macky »

I get what you're saying; to clarify this is fallout-inspired 50's design which means it's contemporary post-apocalyptic, and hence.... somewhat strewn about (to say the least, considering civilization has been destroyed)... otherwise it would just be strait era-inspired furniture, no? It is about the Fallout world - which is quite "thrown-together", as you say.

What I didn't show is how that particular piece is a nightstand. I guess the stylistic point is that these displays can act as supplements to IKEA furniture.

As far as the fanboy stuff... This particular display does include a lot of actual Fallout IP merchandise.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

sounds reasonable enough - more pics please
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

That looks pretty swank!
Our Host!