Some of My Work

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
The Wanderer
SDF!
SDF!

Some of My Work

Post by The Wanderer »

Here's some models/sculpts I've made that I would enjoy some critique on.

Torso sculpt:

Armory:

Reference:

Shellder:

Sword:

Staryu:

A unfinished Bushmaster Remington Assault Combat Rifle:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Who wants to bet this is Cakester's real work and the other stuff was him punking us?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
The Wanderer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The Wanderer »

If you are implying that I stole these, then you are mistaken. I could link you to threads where I have posted them previously. I just came across this forum whilst searching for some concept art to model. :) Also I looked at cakester's sculpt and it was absolutely horrible. It looks like a bad rendition of an old man.
I liak to modul
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I wasn't implying these were stolen, I was implying that Cakester's stuff is so bad that it may not be real.

Your stuff looks pretty good.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Pizzahut Lover
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by Pizzahut Lover »

Retlaw83 wrote:I wasn't implying these were stolen, I was implying that Cakester's stuff is so bad that it may not be real.

Your stuff looks pretty good.
I want to bet.
Pizzahut Lover
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by Pizzahut Lover »

there are hidden messages. hottip mouseover
The Wanderer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The Wanderer »

Pizzahut Lover wrote:there are hidden messages. hottip mouseover
lolwut
I liak to modul
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Heya dude. 3d modelling is pretty good. What stands out is the concept art picture there.

I'd love to see you put on textures on those 3d-models.
I have huge trouble doing that right.

The sword is probably a very good piece to. I just don't like the over-sized/done fantasy look to much so I'm probably not the right person to comment.
(Is it a forged out of one piece of material? Cause it seems to be. If not why does the handle have the same color as the main part of the blade. Usually any metallic surface isn't the most comfortable thing (especially if its smooth and not rifled/cut like your is) to hold and in sweaty hands it would probably be dangerous to hold. Why does the metal turn white on both sides when sharpened? Is it the reflection, is it a coating, etc?)

This is seriously the main reason I don't play what I've heard are good anime-rpgs like Final Fantasy. I just can't take the fact that a little girl is holding a sword bigger than herself to me. It's easier to accept hamsters shooting fireballs.

Shellder has some cakestar properties to it.
That's what Cakestar would do if he was any good at it.
Apparently I heard the people behind Pokemon made good money out of it. :?
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

What the hell is this shit?
The Wanderer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by The Wanderer »

Username wrote:Heya dude. 3d modelling is pretty good. What stands out is the concept art picture there.

I'd love to see you put on textures on those 3d-models.
I have huge trouble doing that right.

The sword is probably a very good piece to. I just don't like the over-sized/done fantasy look to much so I'm probably not the right person to comment.
(Is it a forged out of one piece of material? Cause it seems to be. If not why does the handle have the same color as the main part of the blade. Usually any metallic surface isn't the most comfortable thing (especially if its smooth and not rifled/cut like your is) to hold and in sweaty hands it would probably be dangerous to hold. Why does the metal turn white on both sides when sharpened? Is it the reflection, is it a coating, etc?)
For arguments sake, the handle is actually a dyed piece of leather to match the color scheme. I would add normal maps to make the leather more detailed, but I wanted to make this from all one mesh with no textures/normals. The coloration on the edge of the sword is from the reflection of light on the material.

I understand why you are stating this, but look at this as a more of decorative sword. Something you would put in a showcase showing off your skills in being a smith.
Username wrote: This is seriously the main reason I don't play what I've heard are good anime-rpgs like Final Fantasy. I just can't take the fact that a little girl is holding a sword bigger than herself to me. It's easier to accept hamsters shooting fireballs.

I agree with that to a certain extent. I think it is simply absurd when you play as one character and can take on whole entire armies with a sword twice your height. But now wielding an ornamental blade that looks nice? I don't mind that at all.
Username wrote: Shellder has some cakestar properties to it.
That's what Cakestar would do if he was any good at it.
Apparently I heard the people behind Pokemon made good money out of it. :?
Yes, Pokemon is a huge media franchise and is considered successful by many people.

Shellder would look much better with redoing the topology and baking some normals on there. Add some textures and boom. Got yourself a good looking Shellder.
Yonmanc wrote: What the hell is this shit?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_computer_graphics[/quote]
I liak to modul
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

It does look like crap, apart from the concept art.
Our Host!