Transformers 3

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Do you like the transformer films?

yes
17%
no
83%

Total votes: 6

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Transformers 3

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Look negros, I'm one of the few who didn't really dig either of the Transformer movies while everyone ate them up. They always felt too goofy and childish and the only interesting parts was when the robots fight. It's pretty much the same thing here.

The story is that there are transformers on the moon and apollo 11 was all a cover up etc etc. They replaced Megan Fox with some European model who has about the same level of acting ability of Megan Fox but has even bigger lips. Either way everything involving humans is generally shit except when they are fighting it's marginally better. The only redeeming thing in this movie and the other is the 1/3 portion of when the transformers are fighting except that is usually always instant kills which isn't as entertaining.

The movie did have some decent action, not just on the transformer level but on the human level. Humans versus transformers is usually always shit and for the most part it was shit in this movie but they had one scene where a building is falling a part and they are playing around with physics and was well done.

The special effects were superb like usual and it's always pretty impressive how they can do slow motion and still make it look good but then they all transform into cars and race around and I'm all like "you did that cause your lazy". There were some scenes that I felt were a bit too mature for some of the audience they were focusing on because they had lots of humans just being mowed down into dust, seemed a bit more than some kids should probably be able to handle.

Anyways, if you like either 1 or 2 you will like this movie. I think the only reason to watch any of the transformer movies is for the fights and if you don't watch it for that then you obviously don't have my taste in films (IE good taste).
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Look negros, I'm one of the few who didn't really dig either of the Transformer movies while everyone ate them up.
There's a lot more of us negros than you think.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Quixotic.

Post by Blargh »

Cursory research suggests that It Is Tradition for the humans to be awful. How refreshing to see a franchise that has not, <strike>due to monkeys in suits</strike> for whatever reason, lost touch with its roots. :drunk:
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

ok I know you're being facetious here blargh but let the record fucking state for any of those who don't understand sarcasm (of which there are many, perhaps because they are dense or for other reasons) that the transformers franchise lost touch with its roots the minute michael bay got ahold of directorial reins.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yes, a cartoon made to sell toys in the eighties drawn in sweat shops by children with pens instead of hands has been raped the fuck end out of by michael bay, goddamn him.

i thought the first one was alright for what it was. the second one was boring as fuck. the third one looks similar, the transformers are usually a mess of polychoron bullshit that was probably also made in sweat shops by children with mice instead of hands that i can never tell whats really going on and i hate that kid in it as he just yells WHOA all the time like a shitter keanu reeves
:chew:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

The best part apart these movies are reading the reviews that just eviscerate Bay.

I have no attachment to the Transformers, even though I grew up with all that shit.
But in these movies, they don't even look like transformers, I watch these previews and it's like giant refrigerators smashing into each other. They look really klutzy and klunky.

Not that any of this will stop the mainstream movie going public from making it the #1 movie.
Megatron wrote:yes, a cartoon made to sell toys in the eighties drawn in sweat shops by children with pens instead of hands has been raped the fuck end out of by michael bay, goddamn him.
Still, if you put a gun to my head, I'd rather watch the cartoon which was really just a flimsy infomercial for the toy line.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

The review I read for this piece of shit was in the New York Post and damn was it funny. Funny thing is he is right about everything the shitty editing and the assaultive noise levels and the stupid fucking actors. The problem is the movies are about plastic shit toys made in Taiwan or China. This is properly one of the worst films I ever fucking saw and after the movie I saw these fucking kids all giddy and excitied and like yeah that was awesome wasn't she hot, wasn't those the coolest fight scenes ever. I recalled hearing one say best one out of the three and the best movie ever. I wanted to fucking brain em but instead gave them the lesbian stare. After all that shit I got some bud and went home then watched a good film Year of the Dragon.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I hate Michael Bay, I love Peter Cullen.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I love the title "Dark of the Moon" it's like they were afraid of getting sued, so some exec made the decision "drop the 'side' part and the plebs won't notice anyway."
The review I read for this piece of shit was in the New York Post and damn was it funny.
The Post is always great for laughs.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/m ... 4UTuDyqi6N
a movie so confusingly frenetic that it looks like it was edited by a 5-year-old after consuming three bowls of LSD-laced Cap’n Crunch.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:I love the title "Dark of the Moon" it's like they were afraid of getting sued, so some exec made the decision "drop the 'side' part and the plebs won't notice anyway."
They mention the resembelence in the movie, so I don't think that was the reason.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

The whole movie just felt dumb it had an aura of stupidity.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Going to IMAX to watch shit blow up in ubersound. Wish me luck, that I might leave with my audio/visual senses intact
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Enjoy your Deep Wang.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

The movie is for kids guys of course even you feel its stupid.
The first one was your classic boy meets girl, boy and girl are alone, boy and girl get chased by a giant killing robot sort of stories.

First crush, first transformers bot, first save the world quest. Shit that gets the kids excited.
Our Host!