Massively

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Massively

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I know, i know MMO is a dirty word around here. But considering the state of world of warcraft as of today. I quit it. 8 years down the old porcelain god. Panda poop.

Anyway, even our new overlords at Bethesda are jumping on the bandwagon next year supposedly. I believe Guild Wars 2 is the immediate choice for me however, will be refreshing to play a game designed this decade and not have to pay monthly.

Any thoughts?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Rhetoric, and you believe it ?

Post by Blargh »

I'd rather pointlessly squander time in the company of souls who don't inspire me to (almost) immediately imagine killing them in numerous heinous ways.

MMOxxx - Internet equivalency to a shopping centre populated (almost) exclusively by gormless, wailing children. How twisted must one be to enjoy it ? How broken must one be to become addicted to it ? :drunk:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Even if I had a pocket just full of fucks I don't think I could give a single one. MMO's are tedious time sinks, and they're designed to be that way.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

like a Bieber concert where the audience is larping

Post by Tofu Man »

jimmypneumatic wrote:will be refreshing to play a game designed this decade and not have to pay monthly.
You mean, like every other game out there in evr'y other genre not irrevocably soiled by the MMO- prefix?

And if you're that geared towards taking advantage of things that are free, might I suggest a support group for your unfortunate affliction? :drunk:
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

The MMO prefix doesn't inherently ruin a game, look at Planetside.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

So, what is it that makes it not a "tedious time sink"?
Nevermind, that's rethorical and beside the point. It's that it's still "a shopping centre populated (almost) exclusively by gormless, wailing children", which is where I (and you yourself, 2 hours prior to that post, apparently) draw the line. The gameplay might be fine, impeccable, even; the game, in all probability, is not.

Unless, that is, it's actually a single player game called Mmolanetside.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

MMO's are a tedious time sink. No one's disputing that. In fact, that's the point. Yes it helps to have an addictive personality, to cut through the tedium with pure determination. And as for the horrible people in game, well they aren't an issue if you simply don't talk to them unless it's necessary. Kinda like a fuck-buddy, get all the good stuff but not the inconvenient emotion and commitment etc...

So far I'm liking guild wars 2. It's not as polished as any Blizzard game, but it sure is pretty... and different. Actually Blizzard is dead to me. If I say that name again, please shoot me.

Planetside2 is the only one you guys are saying is worth playing, or did I misinterpret that somehow? I just looked it up, it's also F2P, I like that. Might pick it up sometime.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I knew someone who played a mmo once. Lets say he took a tumble off a bridge
Cow Cud is a twin.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

This space intentionally left of right.

Post by Blargh »

True Limes wrote:tumble