Fallout New Vegas Should Have It's Own Separate Forum!

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Fallout New Vegas Should Have It's Own Separate Forum!

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Hey Moderators, when can you guys get Fallout New Vegas to have it's own separate forum? I mean Fallout 1 , 2, & even flipping 3 have their own, so why not New Vegas? It honestly deserves it's own discussions forum!

:?
Echo
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: Fallout New Vegas Should Have It's Own Separate Forum!

Post by Echo »

Separate forum for Fallout: New Vegas on DAC? Seriously? Let's not overcomplicate things. New Vegas isn't its own universe – it's a spin-off. Imagine giving the sidekick its own stage, while the main show gets overshadowed.

And dedicating a whole forum part to it? That's like hosting a party for a minor character while the main cast is left hanging.

Now, regarding the existing Fallout 3 forum part? Let's get real – anything after Fallout 2 is an abomination in my book. Fallout 3's inclusion is like showcasing a failed experiment. Maybe it's time for a holy jihad to cleanse DAC of the post-Fallout 2 contamination and bring the true wasteland spirit back. Let's keep the focus on the authentic Fallout deal and let the rest fade into obscurity.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The forum is hardly active enough to warrant an entirely new board, methinks.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

what moderators
SenisterDenister

^^
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i'm all for the idea by the way, whether this place has 1 subforum or 100 is irrelevant because i can just click on "new posts" and go through all of the five weekly new posts with relative ease
Echo wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:04 pmLet's keep the focus on the authentic Fallout deal and let the rest fade into obscurity.
funnily enough that's probably not an insignificant factor in dac's fading into obscurity (the reddification of the internet didn't help much either). i'm not making any normative claims about the state of affairs, but the franchise is more popular than ever yet here we are, stuck in some kind of a never-ending high school reunion :chew:

as for focus, i don't think the site's had one for the past 15 years or so, because a) the old games have been discussed to death and b) nobody cares about the new games that much (bar our new friend king of vault 14). people tried to turn dac into some kind of a general post-apoc fansite a couple of times, but then it was just news posts about the stalker games and some random chernobyl dark tourism shit, so that wasn't much better. dac's a digital relic and we're just indiana jonesing this shit whereas everyone else is going jones in the fast lane
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

SenisterDenister

Being part of a living fossil is fun. Forums like this really don't exist anymore and is completely unfamiliar to most people nowadays online. Seriously show this shit to some boomer on facebook or some zoomer on tiktok and they just wouldn't get it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

my brother is an electrician, and sometimes he comes across these systems and gadgets from the 70s or 80s or whatever that seem completely cryptic and no manuals exist any more, so he'll have to call one of the older electricians who've actually used those systems back in the day. so we shouldn't underestimate the experience of the aging workforce but i guess my point was that we're a bit like those olden engineers: undervalued and overqualified. in the past i've had people ask me "how do i get on dac" so i had to explain to them that they can't because account creation is disabled because of golf club spam bots. that's the benefit of knowing this place inside out, you can tell people to fuck off
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

It's nice init 🚬

I like your old tech parable, men, who knows what adventures lies ahead, I suspect highly advanced robotic taxidermy in 20 years

Keep people out. The people of quality knows how to get in. DAC is like an active cancer in people's heads, or a horror movie, it's always there, you just grew up and forgot about I Billie

SenisterDenister

Lostech is real.
Echo
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Echo »

Ol', stuff. From, long-ago world, seekrits, strange, hard to know.

In our place, old things mean life, strong, like tools, help, or hurt. Tell us what's gone, tiny hope in dark, show we keep going, no matter hard. Memory of the, vebb, like whispers in the wind, gone, but stories remain. Inte-neet, like spirit talk, invisible, connect tribes, share thoughts. Now, gone like smoke, stories left behind, like echoes in the night.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

:salute: i get it now! thanks Echo
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

Echo wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:05 am Ol', stuff. From, long-ago world, seekrits, strange, hard to know.

In our place, old things mean life, strong, like tools, help, or hurt. Tell us what's gone, tiny hope in dark, show we keep going, no matter hard. Memory of the, vebb, like whispers in the wind, gone, but stories remain. Inte-neet, like spirit talk, invisible, connect tribes, share thoughts. Now, gone like smoke, stories left behind, like echoes in the night.
Wow, that's a very poetic way of putting it.

Great work Echo!

:clap:
SenisterDenister

Where are the snows of yesteryear?
Our Host!