Harold anybody?

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
NicolasExposition
SDF!
SDF!

Harold anybody?

Post by NicolasExposition »

So is there any reference to Harold anywhere in New Vegas? It'd be a shame to see him go after all this time.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Don't know if you played Fallout 3, but they decided to ruin the character in that one. For some reason that they never bothered explaining, he moved to DC and the tree in his head rooted him place. Setting him on fire, which is the quickest option, finished a quest for you, so I'm sure most FO3 fans went that route and made it canon.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
NicolasExposition
SDF!
SDF!

Post by NicolasExposition »

What I meant was since he was in all of the others if there was any mention of him at all. Since he has been all throughout the wasteland.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

NicolasExposition wrote:What I meant was since he was in all of the others if there was any mention of him at all. Since he has been all throughout the wasteland.
Retlaw83 wrote:Don't know if you played Fallout 3, but they decided to ruin the character in that one.
Ruined character. R-U-I-N-E-D. They screwed the whole setup. It's better to let go than rub it in the fans' faces. Comprende?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

What Bethesda did to Harold would be akin to their development team storming into your grandmother's open-casket funeral and bukkake-ing the corpse.
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'm sure that's happened to someone, but they don't want to come forth for shame of knowing that Todd Howard's junk had anything to do with a relative.

Actually. On second thought. That's how I would describe Bethesda's involvement with Fallout. Period.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I think that's too underwhelming an analogy to describe what Bethesda Failworks did.
- the Vault Dweller
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

:dead: Harold... Thanks for all the good advice about how to kill deathclaws.

Too bad there are no longer eye shots.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I kinda liked the whole premise. And unlike Retlaw who basicly sucks up to Bethesda in every other aspect than this I hated almost everything else about the game except this.

Sure it's not explained how he got there. Then again the F3 char probably didn't know anythin about Harold or the Lone Wanderer to ask Harod the right questions anyway.

Harold is probably tired of telling the same story to every person that comes by to.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Username wrote:And unlike Retlaw who basicly sucks up to Bethesda in every other aspect
Do all Swedes lack the ability to read? I hate Fallout 3 and what Bethesda did with it.
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Clearly.

Post by Blargh »

No, it is evident that you just think that you do. You are like an electric razor that has lose the point of zero. Truly, none can help but love Bethesda and their Works. 'Tis just that many are in denial of our True Selves. What a shame. :drunk:
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I'm mostly pulling your leg a bit. But you do seem a bit to fuzzy wuzzy with ye ol arch enemy.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Re: Clearly.

Post by Stalagmite »

Blargh wrote:No, it is evident that you just think that you do. You are like an electric razor that has lose the point of zero. Truly, none can help but love Bethesda and their Works. 'Tis just that many are in denial of our True Selves. What a shame. :drunk:
You are quite the comedian.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

WELL DONE SMALL CHILD

Post by Blargh »

Scathing. :drunk:
TheNewEdition
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by TheNewEdition »

I think Marcus is the new Harold, like the Harold for non-downs fans or something.
Our Host!