New FO2 Mod

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

New FO2 Mod

Post by Temaperacl »

Mack_The_Knife has sent me a new MOD for FO2. This mod includes changes to almost all of the items you can carry -
Combat is now faster and more dangerous, alcohol is now useful, almost every description has been altered, and a host of other changes! Grab it now and give it a try:

Non-DAT Version (111K) (Multiple files, smaller zip size)
DAT Version(2.77M) (Larger zip size, single file)

Installation instructions are in the readme.txt inside the zip.
Last edited by Temaperacl on Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Neat, but useless... At least I'll give him that he took the time to change almost everything where the usual lame mods are just a few weapons here and there that the "modder" hapenned to like...
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

I'm in heaven!

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

Temperacl! The mod runs smoothly! Wonderful! That .dat file you put up for dowload! BEATIFUL! AMAZING! FANTASTIC! Everyone! I owe this mod to the most holy fallout-saint-person Temaperacl! You're the best! But remember, community folks: All content is my evil, devious doing, so people who get offended - I'm the one you want to flame!
I'm the genuine "Gun In a Can" Man!!! Not to mention Hard Boiled.
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

To anyone who might actually download this mod

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

If anyone should actually download this mod... I must tell you... bear with it... Remember how Fallout 2 seemed quaint and boring in the beggining but then it got better... well, this mod is faithful to the fallout spirit in that it's like that too... The Temple of Trials, Arroyo and Klamath benefit greatly from this mod and I don't think you'll be disappointed - just not as satisfied as you can be with this mod... JUST GET TO THE DEN... and from there on in... all the way to the Enclave main base... this mod is going to be worth it! Trust me!
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Quaint and innocent tubgirl Easter Egg

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

There is a little, quaint, subtle and not obscene at all reference to Tubgirl in this mod... Just examine everything... and you might just find it...
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Easter Eggs

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

There are "Fight Club", "Full Metal Jacket", "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" (new line from the movie), "Shining" and Pulp Fiction easter eggs in this mod... I wanted to have "Lost Highway", "Wild At Heart" and "Eraserhead" references (mainly centered on Sailor and Bobby Peru, and also the little man in black, and the song "In Heaven all is Fine") but it would have just broken the flow... AND DO please enjoy all those upper California Hillbilly references...
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Nice to see you finally achieved your goal , keep up the good work
As soon as i get some time i will try your mod :D
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

New patch available here (40.1k) that fixes a couple of problems (This is only needed if you downloaded the MOD before Aug 23, 2002).

Changes:
- Sling and fireaxe enabled
- RadAway radiation effect fixed
- Cue club and Desert Plant Roots tweaked.
- Descriptions and pics on several items altered.
bloodl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bloodl »

Well it is very good.Or it WOULD be IF i could play it.iI have the european aka english version of fallout 2 and there seems to be a problem with the pro_item.msg file in your mod.whenever i use it the game doesnt load at all.When i rename it the game runs as nolrmal but no changes are made.I am a bit frustrated.Please tell me what to do? :mad:
bloodl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bloodl »

Oh and btw hi to all you guys :D .Sorry but i was anxious for an answer :D
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

That problem is actually my fault- I don't know how it managed to get in there- the correct/working version has been uploaded. Just get the patch and it should work fine.
bloodl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bloodl »

Well it SHOULD work but it doesnt.I go :mad: when that hapens!!!!I have tried all the possible combinations:
The new patch000.dat,the old patch000.dat with the extra mod files,i have extracted the new patch000.dat.All of them with and without the mod's patch. Nothing works!It just goes loading...BOOM back in the desktop.

HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Hmm.. Try this: Clear out the MOD (run clearmod.bat or manually remove all the files, replace PATCH000.dat with the original.). Make sure FO2 will run (If it doesn't, then you probably haven't cleared out the whole MOD.). Get the non-DAT folder, put that in, and try to run Fallout2 Once. If it works, then we're all set. Otherwise send the Fallout2/DATA/text/english/game/pro_item.msg file to temaperacl@brunslo.com and I'll see if I can't figure it out.
bloodl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bloodl »

Well that didnt work.ill send you both the original and the moded items_pro.msg.And i have both the us and uk versions
Carlos
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Carlos »

I have found some bugs : The electric drill doesn't works as a weapon ,
colt 2013 slamer olny works with single shot ( burst mod doesn't work ) and there is no sound for single shot and the shotgun firing sound is swichted ( the burst sound is present in single shot and the single shot sound in burst mode ) .
bloodl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by bloodl »

So have i: The catle prod doesnt work, the combat shotgun and the deasert eagle don't reagledoesnt reload.
Other than that the mod is very kikingass hard.Very realistic one or tho shot killings.On both sides of course
Dou you know the difference between you and the you 5 minutes ago?

The you 5 minutes ago had 5 more minutes to live...

Carlos
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Carlos »

The main problems are the guns , i just found another when you upgrade your ak47 the gun no longer fires , olny does melee damage , and one more thing , the colt 2013 slammer is mistaken with a old magnum revolver and so when i upgrade it , i lose the colt to gain a repaired magnum ...
I would like to know if anyone is thinking of resolving these problems or something , i already tried with fime but i get an error with the pro msg item taken from the mod patch .
Mack_The_Knife
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

I'm dying...

Post by Mack_The_Knife »

To bloodl and Carlos... I thank you for playing my mod, and I thank you even more for bothering to point out where I screwed up... now... currently I am in DEEP sh*t... I've got to take another shot at a certain exam on Tuesday, so things are looking complicated for updates... but sometime this week I should get cracking at it... anyway, Carlos, you should take a look at the ak-47's upgrade item decription... It explains why The Chosen One and all the other folk want to use it melee style (I'm sorry if you find the explanation lame)... I am still to figure out what to do about the Colt Slammer's upgrade...Also, I think I might be able to fix the "no burst mode" glitch if I change the weapon looks on characters' hands from pistol to SMG...Am at a miss to why the sounds are switched and as for the electric drill... gotta take a look into it... And bloodl, I don't know about the cattle prod, the desert eagle and the assault shotgun (but wait a minute, I replaced the assault shotgun with the "Jewel of the Wastes" revolver, are you talking about the "Jewel of The Wastes" or an actual shotgun?)

In the meanwhile, watch out for plasma, gauss and laser projectile glitches... and read the item descriptions of the items currently in your inventory, and tell me if thery're lame or not...

Thanks and good night...
Carlos
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Carlos »

I think blood's combat shotgun is actually the Jewel of the wastes , i also find a no reload error and the weapon looks like a shotgun in the inventory and when used , but in the description it says it's a hand gun ??
Other errors i am beggining to notice is the sounds weapons make when fired , some have their sounds switched others don't have any sound at all .
Besides from that errors i find your mod one of the best fallout mods , most of the descriptions are excelent !!
P.S - When you have time plzz fix the bugs !! :wink:
Rob the Stampede
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rob the Stampede »

The problem he's having is that the Combat Shotgun was modded in to the Jewel of the Wastes, which runs on 9mm Ball ammo instead of 12 Gauge shells.
"We trust that justice shall rule the strong as it does the weak, and that freedom shall be our sword, and hope, our strongest shield."
-From the Covenant of New Avalon
Our Host!