The New Vegas Short Story Thread

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

The New Vegas Short Story Thread

Post by SenisterDenister »

You locked the announcement thread even though you said "post here" so I figure I'll make one of my own. You guys are welcome to use this thread for your own story.

Lone Gunman

In my tree house I looked out across the wasteland in idle fascination. I had been left up here by my compatriots who left earlier in the day for provisions. The heat parched my mouth and wet my uniform, which was blotted with dark sweat stains and mud from fighting not days before. My brothers in arms had told me they would return after noon but my watch indicated that they were well overdue.

I checked my watch, three o’clock. My friends are dead, they must be. Ambushed, or called in by our higher ups to man the forts out east beyond Hoover Dam. I shifted my weight and looked back out across the vast expanse of the Mojave in hopes of seeing anything familiar, when a lone figure formed along the horizon. At first I couldn’t tell what it was, but the halted gait gave it away. It was a ghoul, most likely going to eat my brains. I took up the sights of my gun and felt the soft recoil as the discharge went straight toward the ghoul.

It staggered backwards holding its head. I heard it mutter an obscenity and it yelled louder this time asking for a name.

“Claire?! Claire, get out here. Yer son and his hoodlum friend’s gon’ terrorizing me and mine playin’ their zombie game again.�

I ducked out of sight from the window and put my BB gun into a footlocker. My mom came out of the house yelling my name and stood underneath the tree house with a belt in her hand.

I have no intention of coming down.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

You locked the announcement thread even though you said "post here" so I figure I'll make one of my own.
That's because it's not live yet. Once it is, post your story in the thread.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Oh.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Not to burst your bubble or anything, cause I like competitions and I'm a bit of a roleplayer and will gladly contribute if I have the time. But what's the prize?

Maybe a game from GOG or something symbolic like that. Always nice to spice up the thing a bit.

Prize or not I'm looking forward to hearing peoples anecdotes.
edit: Also I dont quite get when its starting, why put up a sticky without even an approximate date?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

I'm still waiting to hear back for final approval about the prizes. I had to have the proposed contest pages up (but not live) for them to see and approve.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Roger!
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

The chosen one stabbed at the giant venus fly trap with his spear, somehow killing it. He ran towards the other, it bit him. He hit it and it also died. Tired out, the chosen one went to Hakunin for some magic mushroom powder. They snorted it for a while, talking about san francisco. The chosen one left the shitty mud hut and wandered the desert for many nights until coming upon a military base where he managed to steal a full set of futuristic armour and weaponary beyond his wildest thought. "This should take care of sulik alright. Also, I'm dumb."
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Er excuse me, are we forgetting somrthing? I've already won this competition remember?
Yonmanc wrote:After the oil rig blew up, Billy, along with his mates from vault 13 headed for Arroyo. On the way, he fell through a portal. It was blue.

He woke up in a magical weird place. Frank the Fierece Fallout Phallic Friend appeared from a bush and said "hi Billy, welcome to Harrys Happy Home of Humongous Hard-ons". As Billy looked around, he noticed there were hard-ons, everywhere, and that his incredibly long named greeter was in fact, a hard-on. This made billy feel wierd, and he ended up with a hard-on. He didn't like it, so he tried to find a way home, trapsing through the land of hard-ons, across the hard-on plains, through hard-on mountain, under the hard-on battlefields (where the hard-ons were fighting againt the invading boners) through the hard-on tunnels until he reached hard-on city, a giant hard-on, inhabited by hard-ons. The chief hard-on gave billy a quest. It seems a gang of boners had stolen the hard-on chip, and without it, the giant hard-on would cease to produce the neccessary hard-ons for the hard-ons to survive. Billy collected his gear from the hard-on shaped locker (granted, most of the gear consisted of hard-ons), and headed for Boner Camp. When he arrived, he fought the boners, killing them with his overwhelimg hard-ons. He picked up the hard-on chip, and returned to the hard-on to the hard-on city. The chief hard-on was impressed, and rewarded billy with a group of muscular hard-ons who would guide him out from this shitty place, however, there was a time limit "I fear this joke may soon run out steam, you have only one more paragraph left, after that, the readers will no longer tolerate this gibberish and seek other means of a fine hard-on".

So Billy was about to cross Erection Bridge into the land of Fallout, until!!! PEW PEW PEW SPLOOSH! A giant virti-boner, piloted by Captain Hardcock was firing strings of Prick Seed at Billy. The muscular hard-ons, and billy, goruped together, and with the hard-on might, fought the pesky bastard away. So yeah, Billy crossed the bridge, rubbed one out, and woke up. It was a nice day, maybe it was just a dream? Oh no....morning wood!!

The End?
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

It's a fight for second place, apparently.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

fakin epic man :D Nice one.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

The competition and the official short story thread are live!
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

pete hines wrote:This made me soil and erode my trousers
um excuse me pete hines didn't say that about fallout: a hardon related story about hard-ons. pretty sure he said that about the other fallout related story you wrote.
DatAshe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by DatAshe »

Yonmanc wrote:Er excuse me, are we forgetting somrthing? I've already won this competition remember?
Yonmanc wrote:After the oil rig blew up, Billy, along with his mates from vault 13 headed for Arroyo. On the way, he fell through a portal. It was blue.

He woke up in a magical weird place. Frank the Fierece Fallout Phallic Friend appeared from a bush and said "hi Billy, welcome to Harrys Happy Home of Humongous Hard-ons". As Billy looked around, he noticed there were hard-ons, everywhere, and that his incredibly long named greeter was in fact, a hard-on. This made billy feel wierd, and he ended up with a hard-on. He didn't like it, so he tried to find a way home, trapsing through the land of hard-ons, across the hard-on plains, through hard-on mountain, under the hard-on battlefields (where the hard-ons were fighting againt the invading boners) through the hard-on tunnels until he reached hard-on city, a giant hard-on, inhabited by hard-ons. The chief hard-on gave billy a quest. It seems a gang of boners had stolen the hard-on chip, and without it, the giant hard-on would cease to produce the neccessary hard-ons for the hard-ons to survive. Billy collected his gear from the hard-on shaped locker (granted, most of the gear consisted of hard-ons), and headed for Boner Camp. When he arrived, he fought the boners, killing them with his overwhelimg hard-ons. He picked up the hard-on chip, and returned to the hard-on to the hard-on city. The chief hard-on was impressed, and rewarded billy with a group of muscular hard-ons who would guide him out from this shitty place, however, there was a time limit "I fear this joke may soon run out steam, you have only one more paragraph left, after that, the readers will no longer tolerate this gibberish and seek other means of a fine hard-on".

So Billy was about to cross Erection Bridge into the land of Fallout, until!!! PEW PEW PEW SPLOOSH! A giant virti-boner, piloted by Captain Hardcock was firing strings of Prick Seed at Billy. The muscular hard-ons, and billy, goruped together, and with the hard-on might, fought the pesky bastard away. So yeah, Billy crossed the bridge, rubbed one out, and woke up. It was a nice day, maybe it was just a dream? Oh no....morning wood!!

The End?
LOL this made me laugh sooo hard^^

Is there a hard-on mod? =P
Our Host!