The Expendables

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Was this a good review?

Yes
69%
No, you need to improve somehow
31%

Total votes: 13

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

The Expendables

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Look if you don't know about the movie then here is a quick recap; it's Stallone's next movie and it has lots of other star power in it like Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Laudgren, Mickey Rourke, and more. It's about a group of hardcore badasses who try to save an island.

The initial reviews for the movie haven't been that positive and I was a bit disappointed but after seeing the movie I thought it was pretty good. The movie isn't great just like how Rambo 4 wasn't great but entertaining to watch. Stallone tries to flesh out the characters in this movie and that will add to some slow spots but I like that he did it since a movie can always use a bit more character development.

The movie has some pretty good action but Stallone likes using CGI blood and stuff like he did in Rambo 4 which isn't always too bad just something I would prefer not seeing. There is also some use of shaky cam in the film which I was is also a bit depressing but it's not enough to ruin the fight scenes or the chase scenes.

I don't know how to describe why the movie isn't great I think it doesn't have enough good character development because there was too much star power? That and maybe just awkward pacing.

Either way I would definitely recommend the Expendables to the average DACKer except subhuman unless he wants a movie that will turn him straight.

Also, there is some good explosions in this movie.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i have purposefully avoided pretty much everything about the movie as i want to watch it as a shitty action movie than hyping myself up for a fifth of my life times and then popping its bra off and finding a floppy pair of needle holed tits. i do this for most movies but i am looking forward to waiting for the dvdrip to come out at least ;)))) (that means i will download it in january HAHA FUCK YOU GEORGE BUSH.)

that review was helpful thank.
:chew:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It's not a cinematic masterpiece. That being said, it's everything I hoped it could be. If you're been sitting around lamenting the fact they no longer make ridiculous action movies like they did in the 80s, this is for you.

My only complaint is the ending - they should have put it on the DVD as an alternate ending, and just rolled credits after the mission was over.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

:salute:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Megatron wrote:i have purposefully avoided pretty much everything about the movie as i want to watch it as a shitty action movie than hyping myself up for a fifth of my life times and then popping its bra off and finding a floppy pair of needle holed tits. i do this for most movies but i am looking forward to waiting for the dvdrip to come out at least ;)))) (that means i will download it in january HAHA FUCK YOU GEORGE BUSH.)

that review was helpful thank.
I try and do the same thing but sometimes I just can't help looking at the score on rotten tomatoes. I knew the movie couldn't match the expectation i had so I totally tried tricking my mind into not really caring when it comes out.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Rotten Tomatoes is a very useful site.
djDannyP
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by djDannyP »

This movie was just a remake of First Blood Part 2. Except with more Jason Statham. I hated it while watching it. Then I left the theater and decided it was good.
One night I'm gonna come to you, inside of your house, wherever you're sleeping, and I'm gonna cut your throat.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

jason statham was good when he was making movies in england, i fucking hate him since he came over
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Enjoyed it. Thought the CGI of the palace was shitty and whenever they used a blue/green screen it was also shitty.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I thought the destruction of the palace was really well done, nice crumble and fire/explosion. Looked like the explosion and thing from V for Vendetta which I thought was also well done okay.

I don't think this deserves it's own thread but I saw Piranaha 3d and it had so many tit flashes and gore it was kind of cool.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Don't get me wrong, enjoyed the explosions and stuff, but things like whenever they shot a scene of the balcony of the palace it made me feel like I was watching something from the sci-fi channel.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

tl;dr
Last edited by Kashluk on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

someotherforum wrote:It's alot of fun with a few short really dull moments. But then there will come this one shotgun scene, and after that, you will forget there was ever anything bad with this movie and just laugh hysterically
I think this sums up the movie pretty well.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

The movie is so crap, filled with clichés and bad writing that it becomes one epic class action movie, a must see.

I dont see why they got that ugly chick as the damsel in distress though, a cliche would be to have one too hot to have the general as a father.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Bookaroo
SDF!
SDF!

The Expendables !!! Blockbuster movie & comic books.

Post by Bookaroo »

Anyone else just a bit excited about this film? I can't wait to see THE EXPENDABLES featuring Sly Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Steve Austin, Randy Couture and more! In one film. Crazy. I can almost smell the testosterone!!! Roll on 2010 and... BRING ON THE EXPLOSIONS!!!

Some Expendables wallpapers & pictures samples:

Expendables Youtube videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6RU5y2fU6s
( The Expendables Trailer HD )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_OQpXk8vAQ
( Expendables official trailer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrzeFfsOU4c
( Expendables official trailer 2)

...............................................................................................

A tie-in to the movie, Dynamite Comics are releasing a four-issue The Expendables miniseries from creators Chuck Dixon and Esteve Polls.

......................................................................................................

SOURCE : The Expendables unofficial fan site:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Sylvester Stallone would roll over in his grave if he knew a spam bot was pushing the comic book tie in to his movie.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I endorse this spambot for Best Spambot '10 just because I didn't realize Stallone was back on the juice. In the new Rambo he just kind of wore bulky clothing and never had a scene without a shirt.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Our Host!