(Art/Prop): Nuka Cola Crate!

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Mjaf
SDF!
SDF!

(Art/Prop): Nuka Cola Crate!

Post by Mjaf »

Or more accurately a Nuka Cola Quantum Crate.

I have designed and started to build myself a Crate of 6 glowing Nuka Cola Quantum. I will endeavor to post some pictures as soon as its completed.

The liquid glows when the bottles are in the crate, and im experimenting with even making it glow when you take it out of the crate under certain circumstances. Its also completely safe to drink, and tastes great. Each bottle has a Nuka Cola Quantum label (with the text "Quantium" carefully cut through so as the glowing liquid can be seen though that part of the label) and also a Nuka Cola Quantum bottle cap.

The crate itself looks similar to, and is based on the crates that can be found in Fallout 3, and can easily be customised with different variations of logos (pipboy, nuka cola, nuka cola quantum) in the production stage. Its carefully distressed, and then fully varnished to first age, and then maintain the correct appearence. The crate contains all the electronics to cause the drink to glow when in the crate (as i say im still experimenting with the idea of glowing outside the box), and is run by 2xAA batteries that will last approximatly 2 weeks, if the device is left on constantly (still experimenting with this aswell).

What I would like to know is, depending on the final out come and look of the Crate, would any one be interested in buying one. I think it would great on a table at a convention, at another gamers get together, or just as an orniment for a fallout fans home. Im not putting any details about buying them here (the prototype isn't even built yet), this is more like market research.

I am also aiming to make more high quality Fallout props and art. I would love to get your response on this idea.

Cheers Mjaf

(NB. I can quite understand that some people may see this as a terrible idea and quite enjoy tearing apart this post. However, i am interesting in any and all constructive comments and criticisms)
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

This is definitely the wrong forum for trying to sell Bethesda Fallout stuff. Also, as with all your forebears seeking to profit from unlicensed Fallout 3 merchandise, Bethesda's legal department will likely have a word with you if you try and make a business of this.

As for the idea itself, it sounds like a cute toy. What is the liquid in the bottles?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Mjaf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mjaf »

I wouldnt really call it a bussiness idea, more of a hobby. I have enjoyed working on this little project of mine and thought it was a shame that something that took so long to design, and redesign should only be made once.

As for the liquid, its a mixture of different syrups mixed through a pump with carbonised water. Similar to any post mix drinks that you may have had in a bar or restraint. I am currently experimenting with soda water, rather than cabonised water, hoping to mask the taste but still allow the liquid to glow under dark light.

One of the other ideas that i have in the pipeline, is a near fully fuctioning pipboy3000, i know what i want to do, and ways to do most of it, just need to get all the bits together and experiment. If you have heard of anyone else actually doing this please let me know. I would love to read about it.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Mjaf wrote:I wouldnt really call it a bussiness idea, more of a hobby
A hobby in which you sell unlicensed merchandise a risk of being sued. My friend deals pot as a hobby. It's a hobby so I guess it's legal.
Mjaf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mjaf »

Ha ha. I do see your point, and I hadn't looked at it like that. However I would still like thoughts about the crate itself.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Electronics ? Absolute bollocks. If it doesn't fatally radiate those who loiter near to or imbibe it, it simply isn't authentic. QED. :drunk:
Mjaf
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mjaf »

Ha ha if only it was possible without killing half the people on the street lol.

However I found that briall (a glass and metal cleaning chemical) shines exactly like Nuka Cola Quantum. Any one fancy having a sip to test if it will kill you or just burn your insides? lol.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Experiment with bioluminecent algae.

Alternatively use Tonic water. It glows blue under black light.

Or if you don't intend to drink it, try this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5638030_make-gl ... iquid.html
Our Host!