Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Post by cazsim83 »

deleted
Last edited by cazsim83 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Usually a comic to movie is the case where the comic is good, but the movie sucks (V for Vendetta, Watchmen, etc), but I read the comic for this a few years back, and it sucked, big time. Worst piece of shit comic I've ever read. This movie is gonna blow, simply because the story is a pile of crap, assuming they stay true to the book.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

If Poops does see this, it means he's no longer a man. Given that fact, it's completely reasonable Cazsim is seeing this.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yonmanc wrote:Usually a comic to movie is the case where the comic is good, but the movie sucks (V for Vendetta, Watchmen, etc), but I read the comic for this a few years back, and it sucked, big time. Worst piece of shit comic I've ever read. This movie is gonna blow, simply because the story is a pile of crap, assuming they stay true to the book.
Watchmen's extended version, though even longer than the loooooooong ass original movie, has a great deal of extra tidbits that add flavor. DVD of said special edition includes the pirate comic that parallels the story (name currently forgotten). If you enjoyed the comic, it's worth looking into.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Tales of the Black Freighter, is what I think it was. I actually had to read Watchmen for a philosophy class my freshman year, which was pretty cool.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Manoil wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:Usually a comic to movie is the case where the comic is good, but the movie sucks (V for Vendetta, Watchmen, etc), but I read the comic for this a few years back, and it sucked, big time. Worst piece of shit comic I've ever read. This movie is gonna blow, simply because the story is a pile of crap, assuming they stay true to the book.
Watchmen's extended version, though even longer than the loooooooong ass original movie, has a great deal of extra tidbits that add flavor. DVD of said special edition includes the pirate comic that parallels the story (name currently forgotten). If you enjoyed the comic, it's worth looking into.
I didn't mind certain parts of the movie, but three things ruined it for me:

The Costumes: Too styalised, takes away from the "lonely creep in a weird get up" feel.

Exaggerated Violence: Wasn't sure why they did that.

The changed ending: Rendered the story senseless.

First half of the film was good, the second half was just dire.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Yonmanc wrote:Exaggerated Violence: Wasn't sure why they did that.
Comics refer to it as "enhanced reality." It's for when you want things to be relatively grounded in the real world but still want over the top ass kicking.
- the Vault Dweller
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:Exaggerated Violence: Wasn't sure why they did that.
Comics refer to it as "enhanced reality." It's for when you want things to be relatively grounded in the real world but still want over the top ass kicking.
yeah but, and I noticed this after watching 300 and Sin City and Watchmen - there are certain things I can buy a character in a comic doing, since by it's nature it has to have a little more hyperbole, but when I see a live actor doing it is too much to swallow.

Hey that extended version with the Black Freighter, do they interweave it into the movie?
I don't know if even that could hold my interest, I got all excited and baked to see the movie and fell asleep it was so blah(rgh).
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I don't think I'm going to see this movie if there is anything else out at the same time. If it's the only decent movie that comes out on its release date then I might see it but it's not a movie I know for sure that I'm seeing.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Pooper, if you watch this movie your dick will instantly fall off. None of us want that, especially the fat chicks who rely on you to pound their vajayjays.
- the Vault Dweller
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Isn't Micheal Cera gay?
Cow Cud is a twin.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I used to have a friend who was nuts about the Scott Pilgrim comic. He wouldn't shut up about how clever and underrated it was. It wasn't either of those things. It was overrated box frame glasses hipster shit. I'm glad I lost contact with that twat.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Retlaw83 wrote:Pooper, if you watch this movie your dick will instantly fall off. None of us want that, especially the fat chicks who rely on you to pound their vajayjays.
Pooper doesn't sleep with them, he just watches them eat, duh..
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I don't like fat chicks, I just like watching skinny chicks get fat. There is a big difference okay.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Oh, so you're a feeder.
- the Vault Dweller
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Cow Cud is a twin.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

rad resistance wrote:Image
/thread
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

deleted
Last edited by cazsim83 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

R.I.P. Catszim's penis.
- the Vault Dweller
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

Yonmanc wrote:The Costumes: Too styalised, takes away from the "lonely creep in a weird get up" feel.

Exaggerated Violence: Wasn't sure why they did that.

The changed ending: Rendered the story senseless.

First half of the film was good, the second half was just dire.
a fucking men brother (or if you resist being called brother by someone who is of your race (homo sapiens (unless you're a fucking alien holy shit)) but is not directly descended from you (I am of the north American euro-mongoloid-afro mix (also I got these anthropomorphic classifications from a 60s era encyclopedia I read when I was 14 so bear with me)) then I will refrain from calling you brother in my head if that makes you feel more comfortable.

also I could tell whatsisname and his girflriend starring the geek from superbad and juno would be shit all I had to do was watch the previews not the movie (although the pink hair mostly hid the girl's hotness level from me she seemed pretty hot in the previews but chances are she is a shit actress and she is not very babin' and also has small tits).

also rest in peace cazsim's penis (I'm only doing this to fit in but not really).
Our Host!