I hate it when... (in the movies)

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I hope you guys appreciate how many times I had to die and reload to screencap that sweet critical crotch kick.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

It's pretty awesome. I thought you just googled it.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yes, Retlaw, we approve.
PiP wrote:all you bloody gun freaks,
fuck! I'm out of rounds of ammunition!
:flamed:
It'd be enough to just replace the phrase 'I'm out of bullets!' with 'I'm out of ammo!' It's actually easier to shout in middle of all the action and stuff. Screaming that bullet stuff brings to my mind that the character is thinking about recasing the ammo: he's got the primed cases and the gun powder, but now he's run out of bullets! Oh no! What will become of his small time ammunition industry? :chew:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

it's a fucking metonymy used casually, which has become usual, get over it ;)
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Kashluk wrote: ...the character is thinking about recasing the ammo...
Wat?
You just know too much, dude, stop trying to spoil it for the rest of us.
Try romantic comedies instead. :D

How about when the protagonist tells the tech to zoom in on the security film, and the guy zooms in like he's using a microscope and the film gets pixelated, then the tech applies the "uber-filter" and the image suddenly becomes crystal clear. Or better yet when he zooms in and the image never loses quality to begin with.

Now I'd like to see one of those 50 gazillion pixel cameras.
You know what, scratch that, I'd like to see the hard disk that records all of that video feed. Must be the size of Australia.
PiP

Post by PiP »

Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This. A hundred times this.

(and holy mullet in a handbasket, is that Macguyver I saw there?)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yes, that zooming stuff is really annoying. But the, if the entertainment industry gave that up, they would have to cancel half of the police tv shows.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Kashluk wrote:Yes, that zooming stuff is really annoying. But the, if the entertainment industry gave that up, they would have to cancel half of the police tv shows.
Enhance the comment. Top right.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

I hate films that use arbitrary plot gimmicks to make you think you're watching something complex or deep. Pi, Memento and Inception are all great examples.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

I hate it in the movies... when i realize that a character from Toy Story ( the Sarge) is voiced by the same person that does General Barneky on Fallout Brother hood of stteeelll...and fmj
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Oh no, R. Lee Ermy doesn't take himself as seriously as we take Fallout! I hate to break the news, but as far as writing and cultural impact, Toy Story (any of them) far exceeds Fallout Tactics.
PiP

Post by PiP »

fuck off I liked Pi :flamed:
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

PiP wrote:fuck off I liked Pi :flamed:
Aronofsky is a cunt and he makes shitty films, The Wrestler is the only exception. I'm glad his remake of Robocop got stalled.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

generally having any kind of knowledge on YOUR GIVEN SUBJECT makes the entertainment value of it go shit because guess what shmuck, what you do isnt so entertaining. *snorts* i for one find the billionaire tony stark to be wildly inaccurate to the

also pretty much most celebrz who do voices on animated films bla bla except david hayter as nobody reall y is familiar with him unless you otaku? :)
:chew:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Megatron wrote:generally having any kind of knowledge on YOUR GIVEN SUBJECT makes the entertainment value of it go shit because guess what shmuck, what you do isnt so entertaining.
Sad. Sad, but true.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

What about him?

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=DOAGCXH6 @ 35:50

We an' I be a crackhead :?
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

I hate it in moves when people are running around with their finger on the trigger of their weapon and it doesn't go off. Also when they have their finger on the trigger up to the second knuckle and they still shoot accurately.

More a a pet peeve really, I hate it when "Highly Trained" characters (soldiers, swat teams, mercs ect.) NEVER practice any kind of the gun safety that would be so ingrained in them that they use it as habit. Like pointing guns at each other as they clear a room or NEVER checking the chamber. That kind of thing.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Our Host!