Duck and Cover Forum Index


Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 New Vegas modding. View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So how are we going to improve the few mistakes the devs are making that aren't going to be fixed before release? I'm going to list several and tell me if any of this is possible: Remove Fat Man and all it's ammo entirely. Remove the GMG but keep it's ammo for the M-79. Either remove the solar powered Hammer of Dawn. Or change it so its no longer a weapon. Make third person combat less clunky. Improve overall animations. If you want to list any I missed. Feel free to.
View user's profileSend private message
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah


Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 5328

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A big part of what Obsidian has done to improve the engine is to make third person combat less clunky.

I know you're an alt of someone or a lurker troll, so what you're saying doesn't have much impact.
View user's profileSend private message
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Retlaw83 wrote:
A big part of what Obsidian has done to improve the engine is to make third person combat less clunky.

I know you're an alt of someone or a lurker troll, so what you're saying doesn't have much impact.


Not really, I'm actually new to the forums. I wanted so badly to join NMA. But alas... they don't accept Hotmail or Yahoo anymore. I figured DAC would be the next best thing. And Obsidian has improved the engine? It doesn't look very different. The animations still appear to be pretty wonky.
View user's profileSend private message
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 3720
Location: Drifting Onward

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

...if your original desire was to join NMA, you've already lost here. Consider signing up for a free email and forward it to your hotmail; DaC likely isn't what you're looking for
View user's profileSend private message
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah


Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 5328

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Juromaru wrote:
I wanted so badly to join NMA. But alas... they don't accept Hotmail or Yahoo anymore. I figured DAC would be the next best thing.


If by "next best" you mean "clearly superior," you're right. It's also why it's too good for you.
View user's profileSend private message
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands


Joined: 08 Sep 2004
Posts: 2160
Location: Shady sands (no really!!)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ewwww eNeMA
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Manoil wrote:
...if your original desire was to join NMA, you've already lost here. Consider signing up for a free email and forward it to your hotmail; DaC likely isn't what you're looking for


Quick question... what email type does NMA accept? Last I checked they don't accept Gmail either. And I must join my fellow Fallout fans. >.>
View user's profileSend private message
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands


Joined: 23 Jun 2009
Posts: 2224
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just fuck off and die in a fire.
View user's profileSend private message
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah


Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 5328

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Juromaru wrote:
Quick question... what email type does NMA accept? Last I checked they don't accept Gmail either. And I must join my fellow Fallout fans. >.>


None of us know what email NMA accepts because that website is beneath us. You're also not going to find much Fallout there; it's mainly well-to-do dorks living in their mom's basements talking about European politics.
View user's profileSend private message
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Retlaw83 wrote:
Juromaru wrote:
Quick question... what email type does NMA accept? Last I checked they don't accept Gmail either. And I must join my fellow Fallout fans. >.>


None of us know what email NMA accepts because that website is beneath us. You're also not going to find much Fallout there; it's mainly well-to-do dorks living in their mom's basements talking about European politics.


That's not true... They also talk about how horrible the Gamebryo engine is and how much better Fallout would be had Obsidian bought it when Interplay went belly up. And I thought you guys would be the same. >< Plus, aren't these forums supposed to be like the friendly next door neighbor to NMA?
View user's profileSend private message
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah


Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 5328

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, the gamebryo engine is bad. Boofucking hoo, we're stuck with it for at least one more game. As for talking about how much better it would have been if someone else besides Bethesda bought Fallout, that's a lot of overly dorky speculation and heartbreak pining over what could have been.

These forums aren't the friendly next door neighbor to NMA. The difference between NMA and DAC is, NMA is a larger website because they tolerate just about any schmuck that wanders in and go "lololololol" with them, while DAC tends to drive off people with no personality. That makes DAC a smaller, but higher quality website.
View user's profileSend private message
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Retlaw83 wrote:
Yeah, the gamebryo engine is bad. Boofucking hoo, we're stuck with it for at least one more game. As for talking about how much better it would have been if someone else besides Bethesda bought Fallout, that's a lot of overly dorky speculation and heartbreak pining over what could have been.

These forums aren't the friendly next door neighbor to NMA. The difference between NMA and DAC is, NMA is a larger website because they tolerate just about any schmuck that wanders in and go "lololololol" with them, while DAC tends to drive off people with no personality. That makes DAC a smaller, but higher quality website.


Well... then I want to give this site a shot. Since obviously NMA is locked tight with no key under the mat. So what is the proper DAC way to complain about things in F3 or New Vegas that we don't like?
View user's profileSend private message
Blargh
Überkommando
Überkommando


Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Posts: 6324

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

F.N.G wrote:
proper


Belligerent cretinism. icon_drunk
View user's profileSend private message
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Blargh wrote:
F.N.G wrote:
proper


Belligerent cretinism. icon_drunk


Then that's what I'll do! Anyway I hope we can bring the child killing mod back asap. Because really... Who wouldn't want to smack a kid in the groin with the old nine iron?
View user's profileSend private message
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah


Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Posts: 5328

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently F3 mods will work in FNV after some jiggering, so all your favorite bestiality and naked children mods should be usable within days.
View user's profileSend private message
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 3720
Location: Drifting Onward

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent. That's a helluva lot less mod page updating on my behalf.
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group