Hardest sort of "forced" setting you have have pay

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Hardest sort of "forced" setting you have have pay

Post by Username »

I guess people like me who have player the games for so long impose certain restrictions on our characters to succeed with.

I have played with the following combo that I think is quite difficult:
Never or extremely rarely kill someone who doesn't deserve it. (In the end you sorta have to kill everyone on the rig, even the doctor who helps you so...)
Never steal from poor "honest" folk. Rich "honest" folk are OK cause you don't become rich in a post-warzone world without being dishonest (exception: Cats Pawn).
I think I also played with throwing weapons here as my primary skill though I didn't use throwing only.

What about you?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

playing chai gumbo in dragon ball z ultimate 3: dragon masters extreme on ps3
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Play it in mad max mode. Item limitations are leather jackets, sawn off and crowbar as well as only a dog follower. Gets very hard, very quickly when you hit the turrets on the rig.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

The Mad Max mode sounds incredibly fun, lemme guess, high agility, endurance, and luck, but average everything else?

I've made a few games where I played as a complete nerd, so I had maxed out intelligence and perception, but shit endurance and below average charisma. I had science, first aid, and energy weapons tagged. Was really hard early game, but it paid off towards the end.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

In my first playthrough of Fallout I wanted to not kill anyone, I ended up killing a lot of people. But generally when I first play a game I want to be sort of a stealthy character who occasionally steals, but very extravagant things no one really needs.

I remember for Fallout 3 I tried doing this, I ended up killing over a hundred people, including the president, and I didn't steal anything, but yey had all this crap lying around.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I usually start out with the intent to be a diplomatic character, then I shoot my mouth off to the wrong person and they start shooting bullets at me. Then I usually get upset with the futility that the person I am can't play a character that isn't sarcastic, then I just get real beefy and murder motherfuckers.

It's a lot like real life.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

^^^
H-core som'a'bitch!
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Lucky and stupid is a whole new adventure on its own.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Lucky + Stupid + Jinxed could be fun.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Chem Ressistant, Chem Reliant, Int 1, End 1, Luck 1.
S 10, P 10, C 7, A10.
Luck 1 virtually guarantees Pariah Dog, so you get Jinxed for free.

Tag: Lockpick, Sneak, Traps.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

I recently played a 1 IN, Jinxed blob of muscles. I kind of chickened out and ended up killing vault city and stealing all their mentats for San-Francisco.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Stainless wrote:Play it in mad max mode. Item limitations are leather jackets, sawn off and crowbar as well as only a dog follower. Gets very hard, very quickly when you hit the turrets on the rig.
Aye, it was a good play-through. Insanely hard. And even when my character was way above level 30, he'd still often die from the first enemy attack :dance:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Yeah, the crits are extremely unforgiving with that mode. You've basically got fuck all damage resist, and need to build it up on your character instead of relying on your items (ie: armour), but in that regard you also need to build up your gun perks too, because you don't do shit unless you're wacking people in the eyes with a shotty.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I figured out that having 10 luck with all of the critical damage buff perks and having the one hander trait makes using the sawed off a lot easier, because even though that initial shot to the eyes does 0 damage, the critical damage bonus is a hell of a lot more than that.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I guess if you gonna roll Mad Max Mode you should have buffed energy alot.

I tried to start playing the game again with some funny modes listed here but I just can't. It's just to boring. I know everything that will be said before it's said! :(
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

try a mono char. one bad leg on bad arm , 1 lk
1st .. and so on.. your dead meat..
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Our Host!