StarCraft 2 27th july

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I know as strategy games they're almost completely different but they still fall under the same genre so its all the same in my mind.

Probably my favorite strategy games to play online are either World in Conflict or Dawn of War 2, if that shows you where I'm coming from.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Ok.. we are in different camps. I'm more of a Hearts of Iron and red-alert 2 kind of guy. The main reason I enjoy starcraft is its almost chess-like gameplay. The single player in SC2 was pretty amusing as well. Very polished and fresh without going bethesda on the actual gameplay.
SenisterDenister

I grew up playing Westwood games, I love slow paced games and I like playing them with friends, but when I play competitively I play the more fast paced ones because I like games where unit stats and abilities are just as dependent on the player as the unit itself.

I don't like Starcraft because it uses the rock/paper/scissor layout. I think hard counter units are probably the laziest ways to develop games, instead like in Company of Heroes where any unit has the potential to wreck another one's shit if you know how to use them right.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

SenisterDenister wrote:Dawn of War 2
I wish that Games for Windows Fail wasn't so utter shit :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Superhaze wrote:red-alert 2 kind of guy
Fuck yeah
Yuri can go suck a phat one
SenisterDenister

MadBill wrote:
SenisterDenister wrote:Dawn of War 2
I wish that Games for Windows Fail wasn't so utter shit :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky: :sadblinky:
That's honestly my only gripe with the game, once they patched Chaos Rising it was optimized fairly well and runs like a Kenyan on my pc. I think the front line combat is incredible, and even though people complain about running around behind one another capping points I rarely see that in any of the games I play, this however, is coming from an Ork player.
Our Host!