Red Dead Redemption

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I just got my 360 back today off UPS since it had to be fixed for RROD for the second time in less than three years. I pretty much traded almost all my 360 games in, grabbed a PS3 and 6 games or so, and the only thing I really like better about the box over the PS is instant Netflix doesn't need a disc.

Oh, also almost game on the box has a demo, which is very not true for the playstation so it definitely has it beat there.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Twice? I've had my 360 for 15 months and no RROD thus far. Are you keeping it away from carpet/ dusty surfaces?

Either way, get RDR for 360. We need DaC representation on there as soon as you are able to throw your hat in
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Get it for PS3 so we can rumble. Ignore the fags.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Get it for PS3 so we can rumble. Ignore the fags.
:yes:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Get it for PS3 so we can rumble. Ignore the fags.
UR GHEY RIGH NAOW
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Played online with manoil and it seems kind of a shitty experience, felt like a fan made mod to make the game multiplayer.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

New favorite in-game pastime: hog tying innocents and leaving them on railroad tracks.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

We didn't get much time in, Poops, but it does have the same skeletal feel as GTA4's multi. Nonetheless, I prefer it, easily. The mexican standoffs are a spot of class. Also, sorry for quitting on you Pooper; my connection crashed. Thought you just left the party but then everything cut out and it put me in single player.

Made a couple friends on there today but word to the wise; people, no matter where you are or what you're trying to do in the meantime, are more than likely to try and kill you just on sight alone. Yeah-- the majority of the community imitates FO3 raider AI. Nonetheless, once you get the hang of it, it can grow on you
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Aonaran wrote:New favorite in-game pastime: hog tying innocents and leaving them on railroad tracks.
This is good.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Just beat it. Fucking amazing game with a fucking amazing ending, especially if you find the "secret" ending after things play out. My only complaint would be that Agent Ross, one of the primary quest givers, wasn't especially well written, and definitely not on par with with John Marston or even early characters like Bill Williamson. Am I alone in thinking he was far too generically "I'm a nasty person, oh don't you just hate me?" in his dialog? Ah well, a small gripe.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

He was supposed to be fulfilling the role of "why you should hate the cops." Looking at the bigger picture, I think he played it pretty well.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

I already have it for ps3

and yes i kept my 360 away from thunderstorms, you ass :)
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Manoil wrote:He was supposed to be fulfilling the role of "why you should hate the cops." Looking at the bigger picture, I think he played it pretty well.
Problem was it was flat, generic and uninspired. You can only cycle through so many variations of "Mr. Marston, you're not very smart and I'm a big meanie AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT" before the it becomes overwhelmingly apparent that there isn't much going on with the character outside of the writers wanting you to dislike him.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Aonaran wrote:
Manoil wrote:He was supposed to be fulfilling the role of "why you should hate the cops." Looking at the bigger picture, I think he played it pretty well.
Problem was it was flat, generic and uninspired. You can only cycle through so many variations of "Mr. Marston, you're not very smart and I'm a big meanie AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT" before the it becomes overwhelmingly apparent that there isn't much going on with the character outside of the writers wanting you to dislike him.
Well, to be fair that was half the game:

John: I need you to help me with this.
Everyone: Well, I MIGHT help you with that, but first help me with this.
John: Okay, so will you help me with this?
Everyone: Nope.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

jetbaby wrote:
Aonaran wrote:
Well, to be fair that was half the game:

Damnit JOHN! SHOOT SOME BITCHES!
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I liked playing with you Manoil but ya I guess I just didn't give it enough time. Perhaps in the future we will after I beat the single player.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Hey, what are your Gamer tags?
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Gamertag: Cactus Apache

Manoil, we still gotta play some time. I was on last night.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

jetbaby wrote:Well, to be fair that was half the game:

They did a pretty good job of making the motivations of every other character clear within the same construct and with the same constraints.

I still think Agent Ross was the least original and least compelling character where he very much needed to be a standout. Every single line he spouted sounded like placeholder dialog, and in a game that well written, it stuck out like a sore thumb.
Our Host!