What Perks or Traits would you like to see in the game?

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

would be pretty cool to get reps with groups of all sorts rather than just towns
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

It would certainly affect more of the game. Towns are isolated but factions can be almost anywhere
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Manoil wrote:Actually, excuse the double-post, but I just had an idea for a perk. Remember the tallying lists of kills in the old games? Kept track of everything your person massacred? What about perks introduced after you kill a certain amount of enemies?

I.E.:
Respected (250 Raider Kills):
Slaughtering raiders has earned you a mantle similar to the boogeyman in their circles. Raiders will not attack first, and raider merchants are open to trading with you. Raiders you've engaged in combat only carrying considerably weaker weapons will flee.

Shift in the Food Chain (500 critter kills):
You've wiped out enough members of each animal kingdom that you've become recognized as a predator. All critters with the exception of Deathclaws will flee at detecting you. Deathclaws will not attack unless attacked first or your health is below 50%.

The New Master (250 Supermutant kills):
You've wiped enough Supermutants off the map that they recognize you as a human paragon of war. Supermutants will not attack first, are open to barter, and will flee combat if weapons on-hand are severely weaker than yours.

Forced Extinction (500 kills of _____ critter):
You're not concerned with species preservation, and have hunted _____ to extinction. You can no longer find _____ in random encounters.
While the concept is interesting, it would actually make more sense if the "bonuses" of the perks weren't a pain in the ass, i.e. run away.

Perhaps the effect should be a little more specific, i.e. 10% extra damage done to humanoids after killing 100 (that's a lot) of them or so. Kind of how researching flesh gave you damage boosts in System Shock 2.

However, unique bonuses would probably be awesome. I just don't see the point in being able to trade with raiders after you've nearly wiped them out, but the perk shouldn't come early either. Also makes you wish that you hadn't killed so and so because he might have had something interesting to say.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Isn't that hunting, though? Killing something that very well might try and run away?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

The Haunting: You become a ghost, but you can't leave the area nor interact with anything. If you click a bottle 100 times it can jump one foot into the air.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inomel »

Shining Example/Perverted Hedonist

You have gathered people to form your own faction. Do you have their best interests in mind or are they merely disposable?

Ex. NPC runs the Followers. Use them as slaves and throw them to the wolves, turn them into a harem/Recon group, Make them a force in the wastes, or any number of combos.

Since this game is going to be milked and possibly converted into a time-consuming mmo and all...
Appearing stupid is sexier than being stupid. Although I hear stoopid was a cut perk in fallout three, but was abandoned when the devs found out it could be simulated by simply playing the game...
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Child Killer Perk
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

= FO3 mod currently existing
Sovereign
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Sovereign »

Here are some ideas i had for perks:

Draw!: The first time you draw a single handed weapon in battle, Your opponent is astonished by your quick reflexes, and have a crippling disadvantage: Their aim is significantly lowered for around 15 seconds. Enough to kill them. However, at the same time, people are aware you shoot then talk. Some people will consider you untrustworthy.

Casanova/Black Magic Woman: You are a very romantic person. You have very interesting dialogue choices with the opposite gender, and they may start doing your bidding, if your lucky. They will also do it regardless of moral value. However, the same gender of you considers you a home wrecker, and may be unfriendly with you when you bring up certain subjects. It may even result in you being shot.
Last edited by Sovereign on Thu May 06, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

tl;dr

but you seem like a pussy to me
���������
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Agreed. And your ME reference was an utter phail
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

You're not the only guy here who likes Fallout 3, in fact, plans are underway to walk them into gas showers.

Feel like sticking chump?
Sovereign
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Sovereign »

Utter phail is my middle name, Manoil.

No.

Not really.

Im fail.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

SDF Perk: When you stumble upon an online gaming community, you are overwhelmed with horrible shitty ideas that nobody will take seriously. But that doesn't get you down. Perhaps if you discuss how your take on thing makes a lot more sense, and how you see the world is actually the correct way, other will miraculously fall in line, and be taken back by your infallible wisdom?

-10 CHA
+1-7 Post Count (Before leaving for Bethesda Forums in tears)

WARNING: High Failure Rate
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Sovereign wrote:Ehem, Before i go on, let me introduce myself:
I am Sovereign, Vanguard of Your Destruction, Killer of Children, and the only person on this forum who thinks Fallout 3 is a decent game.
So you're the 12 year old who's mom I'm fucking.

Go play at Kickstand's house. I hear he has Pokemon something-or-other for his Xbox.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Sovereign
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Sovereign »

Sorry if i came off as some sort of asshole and/or retard with my first post,
but i wasnt really taking myself seriously...
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Sovereign wrote:but i wasnt really taking myself seriously...
That's good because we never will. There's the door, go see yourself out if you have the cognitive abilities to do so; if not we'll be glad to throw you out ourselves.
Sovereign
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Sovereign »

SenisterDenister wrote:
Sovereign wrote:but i wasnt really taking myself seriously...
That's good because we never will. There's the door, go see yourself out if you have the cognitive abilities to do so; if not we'll be glad to throw you out ourselves.
Just fucking forget the first post i made, because i can't honestly get why everyone is being such an asshole over one post.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

First impressions are everything, scooter.
Our Host!