So whats the deal..

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

King of Creation wrote:keep Fallout 3's graphics.....
You are out of your mind, koc. Have you not noticed how plastic and shitty that game looks? The ground is probably the best looking part.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I liked the graphics of the simpler armors (< combat armor, power armor). Too bad they were pretty much useless even at the beginning of the game.

King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

popscythe wrote:
You are out of your mind, koc. Have you not noticed how plastic and shitty that game looks? The ground is probably the best looking part.
Obviously the graphics suck compared to most games nowadays, but I'm talking in comparison to Fallout 1 and 2 I guess.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

That's about a ten year gap, its not surprising that they would be better by any amount.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

King of Creation wrote:
popscythe wrote:
Obviously the graphics suck compared to most games nowadays, but I'm talking in comparison to Fallout 1 and 2 I guess.
I prefer the graphics in Fallout 1 to Fallout 3. They have a lot of mood and feel. Fallout 3's graphics are basically "see, it looks like a wasteland" whereas Fallout 1's graphics really do have that feeling of despair. Fallout 3 looks like a toy set. I even prefered Van Burens graphics to what we have now. They were simple, yet effective, expecially in the Vault; the nice clean metallic surfaces shrouded in darkness bu the poor lighting of the underground. A lot of Fallout 3's graphics just looked like blotchy paintings of what things look similar too. Rocks are shiny with a plastic surface, but hey, they're grey!
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Let me clarify further...Keep Fallout 3's graphic capabilities. The actual artwork could do with work, however.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

King of Creation wrote:Let me clarify further...Keep Fallout 3's graphic capabilities. The actual artwork could do with work, however.
Notice how I'm constantly mentioning the reworking of virtually the entire original aesthetic as a negative? Yeah. I do, however, think that Handy/Gutsy was visually improved to a certain degree, but the new weapon designs are unsatisfactory. Does it seem at all ironic that the most popular item in the game is the T-51b, basically the only remaining item from the original designs?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

They need to seriously tone down the 1950's elements in the artwork and bring back the rugged, rusty look of original Fallout.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

I also think that the 1950's elements are overplayed. For me, the art style of the Fallout series was more art deco than "1950's" - like the giant statue faces on the sides of buildings and things like that.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I also find it completely ridiculous in Fallout 3 that clothes everyone wears are pre-war 1950s style shit rather than scraped together outfits like in the first two games. Though to be fair, Fallout 1 and 2's graphical style made it much easier to make NPCs nondescript.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

King of Creation wrote:Let me clarify further...Keep Fallout 3's graphic capabilities. The actual artwork could do with work, however.
I hate that engine. I wish they got a new one, but looking at how proud they are over it, I don't think that'll happen. What did that man/woman Ashley Cheng or something say that the editor allows them to churn out ugly, generic and boring dungeons at the press of a button? Terrible. It's like the gaming equivalent of this.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Ashley Cheng: " Our editor is powerful, allowing our content folks to quickly create quests, conversations, cities, dungeons, landscape, etc... you name it -- we do it faster than anybody else in the industry. No one can match us when it comes to vast, open-ended beautiful worlds full of NPCs, quests and dialogue. "

do we really need more "why the fallout hate youguyz?" posts now?!
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Superhaze wrote:Ashley Cheng: " Our editor is powerful, allowing our content folks to quickly create quests, conversations, cities, dungeons, landscape, etc... you name it -- we do it faster than anybody else in the industry. No one can match us when it comes to vast, open-ended beautiful worlds full of NPCs, quests and dialogue. "

OVER 9000!!
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

This issnt /b/ bro.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Superhaze wrote:Ashley Cheng: " Our editor is powerful, allowing our content folks to quickly create quests, conversations, cities, dungeons, landscape, etc... you name it -- we do it faster than anybody else in the industry. No one can match us when it comes to vast, open-ended beautiful worlds full of NPCs, quests and dialogue. "

No one can match a disaster when it comes to retared quest and buggy gameplay.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Our Host!