Free Command and Conquer games

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Free Command and Conquer games

Post by King of Creation »

EA is giving away the original Command and Conquer games for free:

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classi ... id=eag1321
The Command & Conquer Website is now offering free downloads of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun along with the Firestorm expansion pack for the 20th century real-time strategy classic as an early Valentine's Day gift. Here's word on Tiberian Sun: "Set in the early 21st century, Tiberian Sun once again pits the Global Defense Initiative against the Brotherhood of Nod in a struggle for control of the planet. With an epic storyline that unfolds as play progresses, players learn the reasons behind the worldwide outbreak of Tiberium and what happened to the notorious Nod leader Kane, who was presumed dead at the end of the first Command & Conquer." And here's word on Firestorm: "It's time to head up the Firestorm task force. Nod's experiments have unknowingly released a horde of cybernetic nightmares upon the world. As GDI and Nod scramble to save themselves, they realize their only salvation lies in the unthinkable." Previously, EA has also released the original Command & Conquer and the original Red Alert for free.
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/107396/free- ... -firestorm
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Good find, KOC. Now I don't have to worry about switching CD's with all my old games.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Fuck tiberium sun...RA:ant missions ftw.
...signatures? WTF?
Frowning
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Frowning »

I know I'm late with this but it's impossible to play Red Alert as you can't scroll at any sensible speed across the map, it just warps to the furthest spot in the direction you moved.

And that's on an old Dell D600 laptop.

So there.
General Alexi
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by General Alexi »

Frowning wrote:I know I'm late with this but it's impossible to play Red Alert as you can't scroll at any sensible speed across the map, it just warps to the furthest spot in the direction you moved.

And that's on an old Dell D600 laptop.

So there.
uhhh mini map?
General Alexi
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by General Alexi »

i just remembered how hard these games are
Our Host!