Fallout: New Vegas lets you "shape the world"

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout: New Vegas lets you "shape the world"

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Obsidian Entertainment">Company: Obsidian Entertainment</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: New Vegas">Game: Fallout: New Vegas</a>

<p>We've already read <a href="../../forums/viewtopic.php?t=23710">the PSM3 <strong><em>Fallout: New Vegas</em></strong> article</a>, but for those who haven't (or don't want to spoil any part of the story), CVG (PSM3's sister publication) has posted <a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... 4118">this bit</a> highlighting how fleshed out the <em>Fallout: New Vegas </em>world is going to be:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em><span>Players will be able to see the effect their game choices have on the world in Fallout New Vegas, says Obsidian.

Project director Josh Sawyer, speaking in the latest PSM3, said, "we want to make sure that the people in New Vegas have really fleshed-out motivations, and that players can interact with them and get meaningful results from their actions.

<!--[video]--> "When it comes to the end of the game we want players to feel like they shaped the world."

This will involve multiple endings, branching mission structures as well as various player choices throughout the game, says Sawyer.

<!--[bigpic]--> "Every dent you make in it, or kindness you show it will have consequences that you'll actually be able to see in the plot, the environment and the characters that live within it."</span></em></p>
</blockquote><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com">CVG</a></p>
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Who else thinks tat next year, these promises and quotes are going to be used for a lot of anger driven humour?
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

I once played a game that had untold multiple endings all i got was some shitty pics.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yonmanc wrote:Who else thinks tat next year, these promises and quotes are going to be used for a lot of anger driven humour?
Deja vu all over again. Yeah.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

This will involve multiple endings, branching mission structures as well as various player choices throughout the game, says Sawyer.

They said that about Fallout 3. Their trickery, is that they're vague.

Multiple Endings: Slide Show of an Old Lady you might give a violin to. Or some kid you might refuse to help.

Various Players choices: Would you like to kill the baddies, defeat the baddies, or destroy the baddies.

Branching Mission Structre:
Your mission is to kill a supermutant. Along the way, you will be surprised by more supermutants, and when you finally succeed in finishing the mission a group of supermutants will jump you.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Yonmanc wrote:This will involve multiple endings, branching mission structures as well as various player choices throughout the game, says Sawyer.

Multiple Endings: Slide Show of an Old Lady you might give a violin to. Or some kid you might refuse to help.

Various Players choices: Would you like to kill the baddies, defeat the baddies, or destroy the baddies.

Your mission is to kill a supermutant. Along the way, you will be surprised by more supermutants, and when you finally succeed in finishing the mission a group of supermutants will jump you.
Can i pay you 50 bucks to play it ?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

ekkaman wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:This will involve multiple endings, branching mission structures as well as various player choices throughout the game, says Sawyer.

Even better: You can pay 60!
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Manoil wrote:
ekkaman wrote:

do i get a spify box and a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone doll as well for that price?
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

ekkaman wrote:
Manoil wrote:
ekkaman wrote: Can i pay you 50 bucks to play it ?
do i get a spify box and a OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone doll as well for that price?
Even better, it comes with an overwhelming feeling of regret!
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Previews have really been ruined by a few bad developers who promised lots of shit but never delivered on them like Bethesda. No matter what Obsidian touts they will have a community always doubtful unless they start rolling out some real specific examples of multiple quest outcomes and shit.

Though I do give JE Sawyer some benefit when he says it because he pretty much made choices/consequences argument for RPGs back before it was cool. I just hope we don't get some megaton bullshit of destroy or not destroy hur.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:destroy or not destroy hur.
hurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhur
hurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhurhur

Why not add in the option to extract the nuclear material and give it to one of the factions? Or just pawn it?
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Yonmanc wrote:
ekkaman wrote:
Manoil wrote:Even better: You can pay 60!
Even better, it comes with an overwhelming feeling of regret!
Now thats packaging.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

this DOES feel like deja vu.. similar to when fallout 3 came out....
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Psychoul wrote:this DOES feel like deja vu.. similar to when fallout 3 came out....
The EXACT point I was making, Doctor.
Jaesun
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jaesun »

Same shitty engine, same shitty combat, excellent dialogue and characters, and no fucking I must find my Dad!

NV will at least be enjoyable.... in a way.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I like the cut of this new guy's jib.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Jaesun wrote:Same shitty engine, same shitty combat, excellent dialogue and characters, and no fucking I must find my Dad!

It'll be like sex with a crack whore. You'll still cum, but dammit you wish it was a real woman!
Jaesun
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Jaesun »

Yonmanc wrote:
Jaesun wrote:Same shitty engine, same shitty combat, excellent dialogue and characters, and no fucking I must find my Dad!

It'll be like sex with a crack whore. You'll still cum, but dammit you wish it was a real woman!
haha :drunk:
Our Host!