STALKER - Call of Pripyat

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Didn't remember the graphics were so meh.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Still a good game, playing the hell out of it.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Garbagey Railroad.

Nothing to do/poorly scripted and tested starting at about 20% of the way into the game.

Better than the other ones, though shorter, and less satisfying.

Headshots still good.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Horrid resolution.

Though, to be something resembling fair, this is not inconsistent.

Ran into exactly No bugs. Almost fell off continent via shock. :drunk:
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

just made it to Pripyat. wish somebody had taped me raging and screaming "FUHHHHCK!!!" every few minutes or so during that non-stop, multi-ball, twitch-fest that is the "Road to Pripyat" mission. couple more shots of bourbon and i'd have boners of laughter watching myself.

pretty neat lil' fookin' game though. 'least compared to the other fake-RPG's i've given a chance this year. ME2 was fun but revealed itself as vacous and nothing but a rinse-repeat very quickly. i've found that CoP doesn't really seem to be trying to be anything other than what it is...and i can't for the life of me figure out wtf that actually is. but i like it and it doesn't seem to be pandering or patronizing...something rarely present these days.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Did you not play the first two games? Its an adventure FPS unto itself, tries to be nothing but itself - and I love it for that. No other first person game I've played has ever been quite like Stalker.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

i really didn't like the first one. too twitchy for me. i generally dislike 99% of any videogames, and...until CoP...i've never played an FPS (other than Wolfenstein and Doom, when i was a kid) that i've liked. just not my style. Fallout 1 and 2 are the only games i've ever been obsessed with, and Arcanum/Planescape come a very, very distant second/third.
Cimmerian Nights wrote:Todd Howard: making RPGs for people who hate RPGs.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Man, I fucking love this game. Some nicer graphics would be the kick in the ass that it needs to sell some more copies.

P.S. I hate those fucking midgets in capes who pretend to be Yoda. Bastards.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

I want to punch your face in so fucking much, well maybe not yours but that avatars.
Last edited by ekkaman on Mon May 10, 2010 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

ekkaman wrote:I want to punch your face is so fucking much, well maybe not yours but that avatars.
Then my mission is accomplished.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Ah yes, abysmal objectives. The greatest balm against disappointment. :drunk:
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

just finished it a few days ago. pretty good game...but Pripyat as opposed to Zaton and Jupiter Area felt pretty rushed and vacuous to me.

i went from "really like this game" to "eh." after hitting Pripyat.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

That's what they tend to do. Every STALKER game had a more or less lame ending.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I've never played any of the Stalkers. Should I?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

i'll vouch for the first 2/3rds of CoP at least.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:just finished it a few days ago. pretty good game...but Pripyat as opposed to Zaton and Jupiter Area felt pretty rushed and vacuous to me.

i went from "really like this game" to "eh." after hitting Pripyat.
THIS. I thought this game was pretty damn epic till then. It kinda just got annoying to me in Pripyat.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: ogm spoylarz

Post by Gimp Mask »

i played the original stalker and thought it was pretty boring, how does pripywat compare?

Kashluk wrote:Care to share a shot of vodka with me?
that's not vodka though
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

i hated the first one...so, yeah. for whatever that's worth. i also pretty much hate everything besides Fallout and Arcanum.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The first STALKER was amazing, especially with the OblivionLost mod. It was scary as shit and things got pretty tight with the scarcity of ammo and lethality of shots and all. The second one, Clear Sky, was awfully buggy. It introduced this whole new faction wars thing, but the whole thing went over the top. It didn't feel really STALKERy, it was just a shoot-out at Tschernobyl. But Call of Pripyat, man, it combined the best parts of the two previous games in a smooth, nearly bug-free way. If you want the chronological back story, you should start with Clear Sky (it's a prequel) then play the first one (cool ending[s]!) and finally CoP. I enjoyed them very much.

The point is to free-roam and enjoy the game as long as you can, doing all the various side-quests and stuff, and then when you consider you're finally through with the game, enter the final map and blast your way through to the ending. That's what I did with all the STALKER games.
Gimp Mask wrote:that's not vodka though
Yeah. Not enough kick. Realized it now :chew:
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Kashluk wrote:The point is to free-roam and enjoy the game as long as you can, doing all the various side-quests and stuff, and then when you consider you're finally through with the game, enter the final map and blast your way through to the ending. That's what I did with all the STALKER games.
yeah. that's what i really enjoyed about it...at first. i spent a good week on the first two areas doing ever single thing possible. i guess i just expected Pripyat to have as much content as the first two areas and wasn't ready for the game to go "WHOOSH! END!!!" i felt like i had a hand behind my back pushing me and saying "hurry now!" ah well, now's a good-a-time as any to finally try Drog's Arcanum patches. it's been a long time coming.
Our Host!