Duck and Cover Forum Index


Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 So... Whats the problem with mothership zeta? View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my opinion this is the best expansion pack of them all

The Pitt is...painful to play, is not fun, I just completed it to get the hell away from that place, But I never enjoy it.

Point lookout is annoying with those overpowered redneck retards running all over the place.

Operation: Anchorage is boring like all the pre war stuff, who wants to now about the damn war?, I dont...... is like watching the new trilogy of star wars, who the hell wanted to know how it happened?, it ruined the original trilogy for me, Operation Anchorage almost did that, and to make things worse is a damn simulation, I hate simulations, is like a slap to the face because all is fake.... It also reminds me of first person shooters games, I hate them with passion, they are for stupid people, because they only know two things. RUN, AND SHOT, RUN AND SHOT.


mothership zeta is the best of them, I dont know why everyone is saying that it feels out of place, Why? I saw 50s alien movies references all over the place, the audio logs are fantastic and the spaceship is awesome, I enjoyed every single second of it.. what is the problem with the alien voices?, they are ALIENS, it would be ridiculous if they speak english or if subtitles appears everytime they speak, same with the samurai, how could a japanese warrior from the times of the samurai speak english?. America is not the only country in the world and is not the only language in the world racists bastards..........
View user's profileSend private message
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 20 Dec 2003
Posts: 5103

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Everyone has their opinions icon_chew
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Seploud
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im serious this is my favorite expansion pack.

oh but maybe it is unrealistic?, I love how people bitch about movies and games that are" unrealistic" (mostly the ignorant fools from North America)whats the point of having a realistic game/movie?, real life sucks., real sports sucks, thats why I watch wrestling even if I know that is fake.

but maybe I like this expansion pack because I like aliens, and I belieave in aliens and all that scfi stuff.
View user's profileSend private message
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 15 Mar 2003
Posts: 5171
Location: La Grange, Kentucky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
real sports sucks

So, have you always been a woman or did it take a special surgery to get that way?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 3719
Location: Drifting Onward

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

King of Creation wrote:
Everyone has their opinions icon_chew

Granted, but some are better left unsaid, especially when undeveloped or unthought, or better yet, when formed out of raw, excessive ignorance.

Case example, class (and be sure to take your notes for the pop quiz):
Dumbassery Showcase #1 wrote:
The Pitt is...painful to play, is not fun, I just completed it to get the hell away from that place, But I never enjoy it.
Note the lack of grammar, with minimal-at-best attempt to include it. If the punctuation is included, it will often be misplaced into comma splices and run-ons. Exceptions are made for those with weak knowledge of the language in use, but said individuals are STRONGLY recommended to continue schooling in the language before further attempts are made to use it.

Dumbassery Showcase #2 wrote:
In my opinion this is the best expansion pack of them all

mothership zeta is the best of them, I dont know why everyone is saying that it feels out of place, Why? I saw 50s alien movies references all over the place, the audio logs are fantastic and the spaceship is awesome, I enjoyed every single second of it.. what is the problem with the alien voices?, they are ALIENS, it would be ridiculous if they speak english or if subtitles appears everytime they speak, same with the samurai, how could a japanese warrior from the times of the samurai speak english?. America is not the only country in the world and is not the only language in the world racists bastards..........
If you can recall, fellow students, what was the intention of this display of dumbassery in the first place? Arguing that Mothership Zeta is the best of Bethesda's Fallout 3 DLC would be the correct answer. And, fellow students, you may recall that strong arguments are based on facts relevant to the issue. Opinions (from those not designated as professionals on the subject at hand) are flimsy at best. Notice, class, how the opinion is used at multiple opportunities to seemingly "bolster" the argument.

Dumbassery Showcase #3 wrote:
mothership zeta is the best of them, I dont know why everyone is saying that it feels out of place, Why? I saw 50s alien movies references all over the place, the audio logs are fantastic and the spaceship is awesome, I enjoyed every single second of it.. what is the problem with the alien voices?, they are ALIENS, it would be ridiculous if they speak english or if subtitles appears everytime they speak, same with the samurai, how could a japanese warrior from the times of the samurai speak english?. America is not the only country in the world and is not the only language in the world racists bastards..........
When one does use points rather than opinions to define their argument, he or she must recognize what points are valid and relevant, else they end up a dumbass. Note the failure to address common arguments by critics against the product, and instead focus on an apparent problem that without explanation, is rather easy to regard as a low priority issue. Also, recognize the lack of supporting evidence and external references to what the dumbass refers to as "50s alien movies references," which would likely be simple to support as instances of it can be found "all over the place." In conclusion, fellow students, note the final sentence in which all three errors can be found as well as an additional element: personal prejudice. This defining element, misspelled, derived from personal opinion and completely irrelevant presents the reader with an obvious indication that the author is not only biased, but is overcome with base human instinct. Should the reader be unable to recognize any of the elements discussed, they too should ponder the possibility of being a dumbass.

Thank you for sharing what has likely been a wonderful insight on the art of recognizing arguments by a dumbass. If you'll join me in stepping back from the caged exhibits and returning to the bus, we'll leave the dumbass to his jello molds. Enjoy your day.
View user's profileSend private message
Lulzy
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Manoil wrote:
King of Creation wrote:
Everyone has their opinions icon_chew

Granted, but some are better left unsaid, especially when undeveloped or unthought, or better yet, when formed out of raw, excessive ignorance.

Case example, class (and be sure to take your notes for the pop quiz):
Dumbassery Showcase #1 wrote:
The Pitt is...painful to play, is not fun, I just completed it to get the hell away from that place, But I never enjoy it.
Note the lack of grammar, with minimal-at-best attempt to include it. If the punctuation is included, it will often be misplaced into comma splices and run-ons. Exceptions are made for those with weak knowledge of the language in use, but said individuals are STRONGLY recommended to continue schooling in the language before further attempts are made to use it.

Dumbassery Showcase #2 wrote:
In my opinion this is the best expansion pack of them all

mothership zeta is the best of them, I dont know why everyone is saying that it feels out of place, Why? I saw 50s alien movies references all over the place, the audio logs are fantastic and the spaceship is awesome, I enjoyed every single second of it.. what is the problem with the alien voices?, they are ALIENS, it would be ridiculous if they speak english or if subtitles appears everytime they speak, same with the samurai, how could a japanese warrior from the times of the samurai speak english?. America is not the only country in the world and is not the only language in the world racists bastards..........
If you can recall, fellow students, what was the intention of this display of dumbassery in the first place? Arguing that Mothership Zeta is the best of Bethesda's Fallout 3 DLC would be the correct answer. And, fellow students, you may recall that strong arguments are based on facts relevant to the issue. Opinions (from those not designated as professionals on the subject at hand) are flimsy at best. Notice, class, how the opinion is used at multiple opportunities to seemingly "bolster" the argument.

Dumbassery Showcase #3 wrote:
mothership zeta is the best of them, I dont know why everyone is saying that it feels out of place, Why? I saw 50s alien movies references all over the place, the audio logs are fantastic and the spaceship is awesome, I enjoyed every single second of it.. what is the problem with the alien voices?, they are ALIENS, it would be ridiculous if they speak english or if subtitles appears everytime they speak, same with the samurai, how could a japanese warrior from the times of the samurai speak english?. America is not the only country in the world and is not the only language in the world racists bastards..........
When one does use points rather than opinions to define their argument, he or she must recognize what points are valid and relevant, else they end up a dumbass. Note the failure to address common arguments by critics against the product, and instead focus on an apparent problem that without explanation, is rather easy to regard as a low priority issue. Also, recognize the lack of supporting evidence and external references to what the dumbass refers to as "50s alien movies references," which would likely be simple to support as instances of it can be found "all over the place." In conclusion, fellow students, note the final sentence in which all three errors can be found as well as an additional element: personal prejudice. This defining element, misspelled, derived from personal opinion and completely irrelevant presents the reader with an obvious indication that the author is not only biased, but is overcome with base human instinct. Should the reader be unable to recognize any of the elements discussed, they too should ponder the possibility of being a dumbass.

Thank you for sharing what has likely been a wonderful insight on the art of recognizing arguments by a dumbass. If you'll join me in stepping back from the caged exhibits and returning to the bus, we'll leave the dumbass to his jello molds. Enjoy your day.


cool story bro.
View user's profileSend private message
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 4186
Location: Magical Island

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lulzy wrote:
cool story bro.


Your addition to this thread is highly appreciated. The depth of your sentence is beyond comprehension. Blargh himself would be bamboozled.
View user's profileSend private message
Blargh
‹berkommando
‹berkommando


Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Posts: 6324

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bollocks, my ability to be 'bamboozled' was surgically neutralised prior to birth.

In closing : Get Out you disquietingly enthusiastic goat fellatrix. icon_drunk
View user's profileSend private message
Pawns4Mons
SDF!
SDF!


Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Posts: 20
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All the Expansions were awesome be thankfull you can even GET Zeta, I can't hookup my xbox to the Net thanks to my Bedroom being about 100 Feet away from my weed modem, I just bought the DLC Disk packs and I hoped they would have it for sale on a disc for people like me but no.. no zeta for me >.<
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailMSN Messenger
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna


Joined: 15 Jun 2002
Posts: 8711

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pawns4Mons wrote:
All the Expansions were awesome be thankfull you can even GET Zeta, I can't hookup my xbox to the Net thanks to my Bedroom being about 100 Feet away from my weed modem, I just bought the DLC Disk packs and I hoped they would have it for sale on a disc for people like me but no.. no zeta for me >.<

cool story bro.
View user's profileSend private message
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 3719
Location: Drifting Onward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VasikkA wrote:
Pawns4Mons wrote:
All the Expansions were awesome be thankfull you can even GET Zeta, I can't hookup my xbox to the Net thanks to my Bedroom being about 100 Feet away from my weed modem, I just bought the DLC Disk packs and I hoped they would have it for sale on a disc for people like me but no.. no zeta for me >.<

cool story bro.
:BestPunof2010nomination:
View user's profileSend private message
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 3719
Location: Drifting Onward

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lulzy wrote:
cool story bro.


Was I the only one who was unaware of this meme?

Now More-than-obvious troll. Shit.
View user's profileSend private message
General Alexi
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Feb 2010
Posts: 122
Location: Utah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seploud wrote:
In my opinion this is the best expansion pack of them all

The Pitt is...painful to play, is not fun, I just completed it to get the hell away from that place, But I never enjoy it.

Point lookout is annoying with those overpowered redneck retards running all over the place.

Operation: Anchorage is boring like all the pre war stuff, who wants to now about the damn war?, I dont...... is like watching the new trilogy of star wars, who the hell wanted to know how it happened?, it ruined the original trilogy for me, Operation Anchorage almost did that, and to make things worse is a damn simulation, I hate simulations, is like a slap to the face because all is fake.... It also reminds me of first person shooters games, I hate them with passion, they are for stupid people, because they only know two things. RUN, AND SHOT, RUN AND SHOT.


mothership zeta is the best of them, I dont know why everyone is saying that it feels out of place, Why? I saw 50s alien movies references all over the place, the audio logs are fantastic and the spaceship is awesome, I enjoyed every single second of it.. what is the problem with the alien voices?, they are ALIENS, it would be ridiculous if they speak english or if subtitles appears everytime they speak, same with the samurai, how could a japanese warrior from the times of the samurai speak english?. America is not the only country in the world and is not the only language in the world racists bastards..........


Please procede to do this Punch Balls until you no longer feel the need to let shit pour out of your mouth.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands


Joined: 23 Jun 2009
Posts: 2224
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They made another DLC?
View user's profileSend private message
General Alexi
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller


Joined: 17 Feb 2010
Posts: 122
Location: Utah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yonmanc wrote:
They made another DLC?


Yeah, i mean it wasnt bad, but it wasnt amazing either.
View user's profileSend private messageMSN Messenger
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands


Joined: 23 Jun 2009
Posts: 2224
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

General Alexi wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:
They made another DLC?


Yeah, i mean it wasnt bad, but it wasnt amazing either.


I know, I was being sarcastic. Mothership Zeta is for queers.

"LULZ IT WAS ALIENZ!! POW POW!"
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group