Aliens v. Predator

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I rarely ever adjust the mouse settings unless I need to pick up my mouse just to turn around because I don't have enough room. I think I played BF2 a long time with like really low mouse settings and I had to like clear off my desk just to fly a jet because I had to take such huge movements do do anything.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

mouse settings for AA:
MouseX=Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=4.0
MouseY=Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=4.0

[Engine.PlayerInput]
bInvertMouse=False
bAdjustSampling=true
MouseSamplingTime=0.008253
MouseSmoothingStrength=0.000000
MouseSmoothingMode=1
MouseSensitivity=1.750000
MouseAccelThreshold=0.000000
DoubleClickTime=0.250000
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Back on to the topic of AvP, does anyone know what the system requirements are for this game? I can't seem to find them anywhere.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

jetbaby wrote:Wow. Fighting over the who has the biggest dick on the internet over fucking sensitivity settings in Counterstrike on DAC. I never thought I'd see the day.
FPS's have nothing to do on consoles, period. Modern Warefare is designed to appeal to retards and does an excellent job. Best example of this is when MW players somehow manage to find their way onto the internet to argue that fps games work better on consoles, using MW as an example.
Manoil wrote:I can agree with the first statement, but it seems some shooters work better on consoles.
You mean those with auto-aiming? (all of them) Yes, I agree. When ported back to the PC platform that they were all developed on, if the option to turn off auto-aim isn't present, you're forced to actually counter the auto aim when aiming manually, which is a huge hassle. Overall, however, aiming a gun with a joystick comes as naturally as pulling off a kick-ass combo move in Tekken using this:

cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

King of Creation wrote:Of course it works! You get a toy face-hugger. How could it not work?
fuck that - I want that razor boomerang the Predator uses...

anyhow - yes, I want this *badly*. Comes out next month I'm pretty sure - just checked my issue of GameInformer

@ KoC - it uses the Asura engine if that's any help?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

What the hell is the Asura engine?
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

mostly speculation at this point, to be honest -

The Rebellion modified ID Tech 4 engine is what all of their recent games have used, why would they move out of their expertise and experience? It might have already been mentioned on these forums but there seems to be speculation out there that it could be other engines and no one seems to mention it is most likely Rebellion's own Asura engine.

Why would they pay a licensing fee for another engine?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

The specs have just been released:
Minimum Requirements:

Windows 7/ XP/Vista 1 GB System RAM (XP)/ 2 GB System RAM (Vista) 3.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4/Athlon 64 3000+ or equivalent processor DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better, ATI X1600 or better)

Recommended Requirements:

Windows 7/ XP/Vista Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or equivalent processor 2 GB System RAM DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI HD2900 PRO or better)
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/01/20/avp ... -revealed/
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

St. Toxic wrote:
Manoil wrote:I can agree with the first statement, but it seems some shooters work better on consoles.
You mean those with auto-aiming? (all of them) Yes, I agree. When ported back to the PC platform that they were all developed on, if the option to turn off auto-aim isn't present, you're forced to actually counter the auto aim when aiming manually, which is a huge hassle. Overall, however, aiming a gun with a joystick comes as naturally as pulling off a kick-ass combo move in Tekken using this:

...No.
And there's really no reason to be bitter about it. I don't take sides in arguing about which platform is better, but COD4 [on 360] doesn't auto-aim. And I came out as MVP in three matches today. The chief difference between a mouse and a joystick is using your whole arm or a thumb for aiming. Some people work better with one setup while others are vice versa. It really, really shouldn't be so hard to accept, or just ignore.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Status update. Has anyone played this?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Is it even out yet?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

There's a demo coming soon apparently:
AvPGalaxy has an updated story on plans for an Aliens vs. Predator demo, saying a sample of Rebellion's upcoming sci-fi shooter will hit Steam, XBLA, and the PSN on Thursday, February 4, and will feature multiplayer. Also, a new multiplayer trailer shows off the Predator Hunt mode from AvP, which is reminiscent of the old joke asking what the dog chasing a car plans to do if he catches it. Also, there's a new Infestation Mode Trailer on AvPGalaxy, where they also have a full list of AvP weapons and abilities. The embedded Predator Hunt trailer follows.
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/106979/alien ... w-trailers
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_vs. ... eo_game%29

It's out in like two weeks. Figured someone had something.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Preordered the Hunter Edition. Probably'll drop off the grid for a while
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I think Steam is getting the new STALKER game on Friday, I'm probably going to buy that first. I'll probably snag AvP on the PC sometime around my spring break.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

The demo is out, and even though the graphics look turd in direct X 9 which the game is limited too it is fun as hell.

At least right now.

So far my favourite has to be the alien, note that I have not played the predator yet.

but the alien can climb anything, obviously, and has a nice kill attack deatch sequence thing which, if you can catch the pray means an instant kill.

I already prepuchased it.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Can't get a game going. I managed to get a lagtastic one going for about 5 minutes where I promptly killed the host (haha) who then rage quitted.

Will try in the morning.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

It won't start on my pc, can't figure out why. I've reinstalled it several times already and restarted both my PC and Steam. Anybody have a guess?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Must be the trojan
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Is there anywhere to get a game that is not Steam?
Our Host!