3d desingers needed...

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

3d desingers needed...

Post by Ed the Monkey »

Hey... Incase you havn't been in the modelling forum, I am one of many people trying to build new sprites for Fallout Tactics. Unfortunately I am kind of new to the 3d thing... to make new sprites one must create a 3d model, animate it, and shoot it from a number of angles. All of the sprites in the game are made with 3d max, so anyone with that experiance could prove ultimately helpful.
If you want to help (please, please, please...) stop by the mapping and modelling forum and at least drop a line in the modelling thread there. Any help would be... uh... helpful.
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

lol, give me $3500 dollars to buy 3dsMAX and ill help... heheh

i might be able to help, i kinda suck, but i can make an ok model, mostly guns. i use MS3d, so that probubly doesnt work.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

If you can render in it from diffrent angles, and possibly render diffrent layers, than it might work. If you can export to MAX that'd be awsome... I dunno... stop by the modeling forum, build something, and give it a shot.
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

what is the file extension on a 3dsmax model?

you know... *.something
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

heheh, i was looking for T-51b pictures, and i thought i found something really great (a mapper) but after i read it, i found out it had no importence

http://www.interplay.com/fallout/map.html
Linna
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Linna »

The max extensione are like this...

If it's release 3 or earlier then the extension is *.3ds

In release 4 I believe the extension is *.max

Hope that helps, I have 3DSMax, but I'm just starting to learn it. No it's not warez and it's not bought I am borrowing it from my graphics class at school. Just fyi 8)
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

Hope that helps, I have 3DSMax, but I'm just starting to learn it. No it's not warez and it's not bought I am borrowing it from my graphics class at school. Just fyi
'sok.... I just started a few days ago... and I suck already, but I'm trying... there are a million tutorials around anyway so if you really wanna figure it out, it's just inititave (sp, wtf?)...
heheh, i was looking for T-51b pictures, and i thought i found something really great (a mapper) but after i read it, i found out it had no importence
well... maybe of no importance, but it's kind of cool to see what the developers used for fallout and compare it to what we use for tactics.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

im not that great of a modeller, but im good with vertexes and making faces from them.
more like lower poly, not that smooth FMV type modelling, thats too hard.
i stick to the Tri's and such.

i gotta post my fishy i made. lol
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

well.... can you make a raider face and kick it out as a mesh... like 3d max mesh (export it as a .MAX or .3ds) If you can I'll throw it on my metal armor guy and be finished... I suck at faces... never can seem to get them right.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Can you convert maybe some of the superheroes faces that are in the Net for that new game(I forget the name, you can import your heroes in it)? I think the meshes were on .max format, perhaps you could use it as a basis...
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

acutally I found a plugin to import md3s so I could import quake models, but that didn't seem to work. I'll have to look harder I guess.... But they wern't true MAX files, sometimes they were made in max, but i'm not sure of any proggie that uses max files directly.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i can only export 3dsMAX *.asc files. i think.

yea, if you can import that, then it might work
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

3ds Prj AI DWG DXF IGE IGS IGES SHP STL WRL and WRZ are the files I can import....WRL and WRZ are VRML, so if you can export or render VRML then we're good.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

nope, sorry
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

You know I have this converter that converts stuff in most 3d formats(.max is missing but most other are there). I could send it to you if you're interested...
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

I could definitely use it.... that would mean that I could use strapon's stuff too... hell yeah... hook me up... and strapon, lets talk about getting that face once i've got the converter.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I pm'd you about it. I hope it works, the most basic formats are there.
Our Host!