Content Director of Art

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Content Director of Art

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Ok so not sure if y'all know but I asked Dutch to be made a mod and he agreed so yeah, I'm one now. Don't cross me.

More importantly, though, I was made Content Director of Art... Now I realize that I've prolly just been given the title because I've married into his family, but I'm gonna do something, dammit!

My first order of business is to fix the gallery. There is a whole ton of other stuffs I wanna do, but getting a user friendly, interactive gallery is tops. Don't get me wrong, the one we have now is aiight, but it just doesn't have much of a draw to visit it, and it can be somewhat confusing.

My unkowledgeable solution: find a new gallery system that incorporates right into the phpBB system. Now the phpBB system part is Dutch's words. I didn't know until about 5 minutes ago, what phpBB was.

I don't know squat about coding language, site construction, etc..
So I'm asking the DAC crew to help a brotha out. Where do we start to fix the gallery? Suggestions? Forceful commands?

If we can get ourselves a nice gallery going, we can really start attracting some artists, modders, etc.. or whatever we're interested in attracting. Right now the site is pretty dead as far as community goes. My main interest is attracting more like-minded dudes/dudettes to the site for some of the discussions that I come here for.

When I think of the people on this site, I think most have the common bond of creativity. We also enjoy sci-fi for the most part. So I think the gallery can be a way, if we reach out to artists at first, to attract some likeable folks who atleast are not just useless FO3 fanboys.

I would like to eventually hold contests and shit (by shit i mean more contests).

Thoughts!? How does one go about switching galleries? Does anyone know?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Depending on the gallery, some are free, quite alot aren't. Which is where you'll probably hit your first snag. I had a gallery at one point which was pretty painless (and free), but I can't remember what it was called.

I believe there's even a website which lists and rates different galleries and what they're capable of if you hunt it out with google.
Our Host!