We're destroying DAC.

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Approve?

Yay
32%
Nay
68%

Total votes: 22

Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

We're destroying DAC.

Post by Smiley »

And turning it into a Fo3/BoS fan site instead.

Seriously though, we(The Management(TM)) just knocked our skulls together and decided to trim the forum a bit, combine some of the sub-fora.

Site Features:
As they are

General Forums:
General Discussion (Containing gd, media(SJRNR), gaming)
Fan art, Fan Fiction
The Wasteland

Post Apoc:

General Post Apoc (also roleplaying) (General PA Discussion?)
Fallout Forum (containing all fallout games)
Fallout Las Vegas (Always referring to the next upcomming release, or lacking that, just the last one. In this case Las Vegas.)

Modding:

Fallout Modding (all games)

Polish forums hidden. (No one uses them. They wont be deleted, just out of sight.)

Comments, wishes, thoughts...
Testicular Pugilist
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Reasonable enough.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yah sure.
bye subforms
:salute:
:chew:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

No gaming talk in GD.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I would keep gaming separate if one of the major themes of the boards is supposed to be gaming
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

General gaming is no more major than say, movie discussions, not that I've noticed at least.

General PA which is the central theme(and we will encourage more of that, hopefully) will have its own subfora, I figured any PA gaming will be there or if relevant to the current games, in their respective fora.

Not that I'm dead set or anything, but I'm surprised you didn't mention this in the management.
There's so little activity in the GD that I don't see why we shouldn't merge them.

Further thoughts?
Testicular Pugilist
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Actually, the forum being a gaming forum would be the perfect argument to merging gaming into GD - the feel and function of the forum is gaming, so GD and SJRnR have actually achieved too much status in contra to the GG forum.

Had we been, say, an occult forum, our general discussions would probably have been about occultism, with gaming as a sub-forum. As it is now, gaming is a sub-forum on a gaming website - which makes much less sense than having a General Discussion forum, where the gamers can discuss what they want. The fancy term is context community, I believe.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

As is is a superior choice. If you consider "gaming" to be "general discussion" then you need to add an "off topic how's your day" forum anyway. Think it through. If 80% of the discussion is "off topic" and 20% is "on topic" for the "gaming forum" we have here, changing the labels isn't going to change what we talk about.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Smiley wrote:General gaming is no more major than say, movie discussions, not that I've noticed at least.
If you must merge gaming with something, merge it with Sex, Jet & rock 'n' roll and leave GD intact. Or do you want to have threads about "olol Swayze is dead" in the same forum as "Have you plyaed the new WoW expansion"?
Tingel Tangel wrote:Actually, the forum being a gaming forum
No. You're wrong, princess.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

VasikkA wrote: If you must merge gaming with something, merge it with Sex, Jet & rock 'n' roll and leave GD intact. Or do you want to have threads about "olol Swayze is dead" in the same forum as "Have you plyaed the new WoW expansion"?
Interesting point, though I don't agree with it.
As for your question, I don't mind, of course it's subjective anyway.

If the general feel is that people don't want them combined, then we wont, I'll leave it hanging for a week, since we need to implement a mod of some sort to merge the sub-fora.

I didn't know anyone felt this way, because it seems to me that apart from the fan-forum, it has the least activity. SJRNR, gaming and the wasteland all seem to have more activity.

*shrug* We'll see. I think for overall design and central activity, we should merge them. I'm not sure what Toxic thinks(who originally made the suggestion a long time ago).

edit:
just to reassure you, that every opinion *does* count in here. If they didn't, I wouldn't have bothered posting the thread, although I'm glad I did. (Credits to toxic, yet again.)
Testicular Pugilist
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

It may be due to not reading the comments/a Slow Day, but :

Why and for what purpose(s) are alterations to the forum layout being considered ?

Breath baited,
B

:drunk:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Leave it as is. Just cause you can change something doesn't mean you should.

Let me ask this - how would totally changing the layout improve the site?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Let me ask this - how would totally changing the layout improve the site?
Maybe it's another case of molding the discussion to suit the forum, and not vice versa.

Obviously the interest in general post-apoc stuff will increase exponentially once the appropriate forum for it is opened. :logik:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

But does that really IMPROVE the forum? It might attract people who are interested in Post Apocalyptica, but at the same time, doesn't it kinda alienate the people already here?
PiP

Post by PiP »

Tingel Tangel wrote:Actually, the forum being a gaming forum would be the perfect argument to merging gaming into GD
Smiley wrote:Interesting point, though I don't agree with it.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wolfman Walt wrote:But does that really IMPROVE the forum? It might attract people who are interested in Post Apocalyptica, but at the same time, doesn't it kinda alienate the people already here?
One of us was being sarcastic.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Smiley wrote: If the general feel is that people don't want them combined, then we wont, I'll leave it hanging for a week, since we need to implement a mod of some sort to merge the sub-fora.
If you don't want changes, state so and vote so, and if the majority don't: they won't happen. Management isn't trying to overrun anything or alienate all of you by making a completely new forum - generally, it's an attempt to improve what's already there. There are different opinions as to how this should/could be done, so it's being brought to you guys.

Many of you are very eager to express how you feel you have no power over the forum in contrast to a select few people - so use the opportunity now, yes.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Does this mean Tingle Tangle will actually do what she is suppose to and moderate? As opposed to jumping in every 6 months to say lol?

Just wondering.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

MR Snake wrote:Does this mean Tingle Tangle will actually do what she is suppose to and moderate? As opposed to jumping in every 6 months to say lol?

Just wondering.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Smiles and Catman are too quick for me :(
Our Host!