TRAGEDY

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

TRAGEDY

Post by jetbaby »

off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Farewell Sweet Prince.
:salute:

Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

I propose that a new weapon system be created in honor of this Fallen Hero.

The Robert McNamara Memorial Towed Bombardment Munition.
RMMTBM, pronounced "Rammit-Boom".

Or "Toab" as in "towed MOAB"

It would consist of a MOAB with glider wings and stabilizing tail assembly and a wheeled carriage to enable motion during takeoff. The wheel carriage is dropped after becoming airborne.

The device is tethered to an aircraft, which tows it as a glider to the target area then releases it.

A glide-bomb guidance system could be easily included, as could a rocket engine for stand-off applications.

Instead of requiring a skycrane or C-130, a fighter could employ this weapon.

With the Robert McNamara Memorial Towed Munition, every fighter squadron would suddenly attain a massive leap in conventional firepower.

I should patent this shit.
Jim the Dinosaur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Jim the Dinosaur »

Like petals
Falling from a dying rose
So does my tears

-Smiley
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Seems a bit of an unstable method, especially at takeoff, Red. I like it for the most part, but that detail is questionable. I'd say you're probably better off having a small aircraft that is light enough that after deploying the bomb, the drop in weight is enough to create a massive speed boost-- useful in escaping the blast radius.

I spent a couple hours looking for the concept art of a similar idea from scrapped Red Alert 2 units, but... no dice

EDIT: Goddamnit I found it in less than five minutes after submitting this post. It's in this rar file
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

That would be the next step.

Reminds me of the Flying Boxcar.

Or Perhaps a modular platform system made from interchangeable glider, cruise missile, RPV, and UAV parts.

Probably the Chinese will do it while the US keeps making F-22s designed in the 80s/90s.

(Shoulda put the F22/35 tech into upgrading F16/18/15 and skipped to 6th-gen fighter which would have been finishing RDT&E about now.)
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

If we fall behind in that regard it can't be that dissimilar from how we use outdated automotive factories in comparison to the Japanese' advanced ones.
Dropped the ball on that one
rogerwillson
SDF!
SDF!

Post by rogerwillson »

I must salute him. He was brave. he will be remembered by us because he died for country. he was saving our country. Please salute him. Thank you for sharing this topic here. I like this very much. All good wishes to his family.
Mind Games
Our Host!