the end of america (TOPICAL)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

the end of america (TOPICAL)

Post by atoga »

http://sdn.slate.com/features/endofamerica/default.htm

i'm not sure what the point of this is, but some of the scenarios are quite funny/weird/stupid. worth clicking around.

which five are da best? (i chose nuclear waste, canada fails, cell phones, media piracy & 'the bubba effect')
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I chose space race, overpopulation, antibiotic resistance, bureaucracy and decadence. I imagine a bunch of hicks left on earth, fucking and wearing germ proof suits.

welcome back atoga B)
:chew:
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

I chose overpopulation, math and science (2+2=5), obesity, dirty bombs and antibacterial resistance.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

zombie attack at postapo mall.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I chose all the secession ones. It seemed to end pretty peaceful unfortunately.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed as well. I don't see why we (or rather the US) can't get wiped out proper merely by being lazy sacks of shit with lifestyles that cater only to the growth of diseases and economical problems. Does it really take an asteroid or a dirty bomb to actually fuck us up? Isn't it remotely possible we'll all stagnate in our comfortable lifestyles and get fucked in the ass by some average strength cold or starve to death in the snow as society crumbles because our monetary system was based on a lie that had to fail sooner or later?

I think this app is jaded, so as not to freak anybody out. I mean sure, if the Rapture does come while Space Attacks and all of our newly constructed nanomachines go Judgement Day on our collective asses, then we're screwed. But anything remotely close at hand is of no real concern, so you can all just kick back and relax. :dance:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

"Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory." - Sun Tzu

Takes a problem to make people stand up and fight.
No problem = No fight
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

:joy: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :joy:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Dat Ass.......
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

FsEtNrDaEtR92
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FsEtNrDaEtR92 »

St. Toxic wrote:Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed as well. I don't see why we (or rather the US) can't get wiped out proper merely by being lazy sacks of shit with lifestyles that cater only to the growth of diseases and economical problems. Does it really take an asteroid or a dirty bomb to actually fuck us up? Isn't it remotely possible we'll all stagnate in our comfortable lifestyles and get fucked in the ass by some average strength cold or starve to death in the snow as society crumbles because our monetary system was based on a lie that had to fail sooner or later?

I think this app is jaded, so as not to freak anybody out. I mean sure, if the Rapture does come while Space Attacks and all of our newly constructed nanomachines go Judgement Day on our collective asses, then we're screwed. But anything remotely close at hand is of no real concern, so you can all just kick back and relax. :dance:
:clap:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think if culture were to stew even more into diarrhea soup, it would have domino effect on everything else perhaps. in ancient greece they are remembered for fucking boys and worshipping a giant orange, in renaissance france we get its name because of peter painter and the clever inventor. culture/information is what makes up society, the real quantum. Prev! it hasnt seemed to matter as much because there was more to do, now its a lot important to avoid heart attacks or a brain bubble. It's medical requirement to go on holiday and have your dick tugged in correct manner, people like pleasure, the quality of pleasure is low while the quantity of people steadily rises, the real see saw of culture. Twilight? The Internet? Anime? Not that it's never been that bad before, its just harder to get out of, real weeds.
:chew:
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

The importance of anything you do is inversely proportionate with population count.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

MadBill wrote:The importance of anything you do is inversely proportionate with population count.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

St. Toxic wrote:Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed as well. I don't see why we (or rather the US) can't get wiped out proper merely by being lazy sacks of shit with lifestyles that cater only to the growth of diseases and economical problems. Does it really take an asteroid or a dirty bomb to actually fuck us up? Isn't it remotely possible we'll all stagnate in our comfortable lifestyles and get fucked in the ass by some average strength cold or starve to death in the snow as society crumbles because our monetary system was based on a lie that had to fail sooner or later?

Like slugs melting on the lawn in the rain.

On the other hand, a leaner, poorer U.S. might be much healthier and more competent.

Emergency overrides could slash the legislative pie-divvying and allow for previously unfeasible efficiencies and synergies.

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Nice rebuttal

EDIT: Does anybody remember Budd Dwyer? Or this happening? Cause I don't.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

1) Theocracy
2) Math and science
3) Military overstretch
4) Intelligent design
5) Pax europa(!)

Men are like rats. You can crush their nests, poison them and force them to back against the wall, but you'll never get rid of them for good. That's why they call them pests.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Kashluk wrote:1) Theocracy
2) Math and science
3) Military overstretch
4) Intelligent design
5) Pax europa(!)

Men are like rats. You can crush their nests, poison them and force them to back against the wall, but you'll never get rid of them for good. That's why they call them pests.
"...Look at what we'd kill: Mosquitos and flies. 'Cuz they're pests. Lions and tigers. 'Cuz it's fun! Chickens and pigs. 'Cuz we're hungry. Pheasants and quails. 'Cuz it's fun. And we're hungry. And people. We kill people... 'Cuz they're pests. And it's fun!
..."
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

Manoil wrote:
Manoil wrote:Image
Redeye wrote:
Ok, it looks like I've missed yet another meme. What's this one about?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

"Dat ass."
Some random ghetto supastar in Louisiana or some shit, caught making a stupid face. Became an internet meme all in an instant, even if you have to do background research to find out what the hell his name is.
You're not missing out on much
Our Host!