Lack of Child Killing...

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
FsEtNrDaEtR92
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Lack of Child Killing...

Post by FsEtNrDaEtR92 »

Why do game developers feel the need to give children some kind of invincible aura made up of innocence and joy? Perhaps it's this new kind of politically correct nature that's taken over the world where all children are special and deserve to live. I'm not saying I enjoy killing children (yet), but it really takes away from the experience.

The original Fallouts certainly didn't glorify murdering children, but at least it was an option and that's what made it a believable experience. It's not just Fallout 3, but every game now just seems to hate the idea of children (and dogs) dying. There aren't children even in GTA or other games that receive so much criticism for violent content.

Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to go back to the originals and enjoy blasting 8-year-olds to chunky bits with my vindicator minigun.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Maybe you just have a penchant for hurting children? Seek professional help.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Childrens are our future. :sadblinky:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Ja. The childrens. :chew:
:Image:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

FsEtNrDaEtR92
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FsEtNrDaEtR92 »

Wolfman Walt wrote:We are the world.
Lol, knew that one was coming. In fact I was singing it the whole time I was writing the post.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I'm actually a bit worried that by the time devs grow some balls and start adding mortal women and children to their games, it'll come off as a hyped feature rather than an obvious aspect of realism and immersion.

X-box achievements in the vein of "Kiddocide: Kill 100 kids." haunt my dreams. Not that I'm morally appalled by the idea or anything, rather that the concept is ruined alot more by having it become a gimmick than leaving it in the dust, a monument to the heroic consistency presented by our hero developers. :salute:
FsEtNrDaEtR92
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FsEtNrDaEtR92 »

St. Toxic wrote: "Kiddocide: Kill 100 kids."
Complete with Halo announcer.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

And rather than be viewed as realism, it'll be crucified by politicians saying that 'this is what poisons the children.' Sad times, are these.
Waferthinmint
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: Lack of Child Killing...

Post by Waferthinmint »

FsEtNrDaEtR92 wrote:Why do game developers feel the need to give children some kind of invincible aura made up of innocence and joy? Perhaps it's this new kind of politically correct nature that's taken over the world where all children are special and deserve to live. I'm not saying I enjoy killing children (yet), but it really takes away from the experience.

The original Fallouts certainly didn't glorify murdering children, but at least it was an option and that's what made it a believable experience. It's not just Fallout 3, but every game now just seems to hate the idea of children (and dogs) dying. There aren't children even in GTA or other games that receive so much criticism for violent content.

Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to go back to the originals and enjoy blasting 8-year-olds to chunky bits with my vindicator minigun.
Seek help.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I don't hate this guy because he's new, but because he's a fucking moron. I think that's justifiable.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Manoil is what poisons children

I also don't like the new guy. Catman grew on me like a helpful extra arm before he left, but festernester or whatever the fuck his name is seems to be growing like a cancerous tumor on one of my nuts. We need to operate immediately
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Our Host!