Phelham 123

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Phelham 123

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It stars Denzel Washington and John Trovolta where John Trovolta takes a train of hostages in New York city. It's pretty standard hostage type of with some occasional decent action scenes. The movie just didn't really wow you and Tony Scotts retarded editing is becoming boring, it really takes a dive in this movie in which he does some slow motion skip type of stuff and it looks really cheesy.

Also, John Trovolta is no longer interesting as a bad guy. It was pretty fresh when he first did it in like Broken Arrow and Face off but its almost like thats all he plays now in any of his interesting movies. He was still pretty decent in the movie though but it would have been more interesting seeing him play the good guy maybe.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i liked the original if this is based off that train thing its a pretty good movie
:chew:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

John Trovolta looks like a gay biker in this film.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

no, he'd need assless chaps to pull that off
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Megatron wrote:i liked the original if this is based off that train thing its a pretty good movie
I saw part of the original on TV last night it looks pretty good I will have to check it out. Has Robert Shaw and Walter Mathow gosh that is pretty good acting cast okay.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: Phelham 123

Post by jetbaby »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:It stars Denzel Washington and John Trovolta where John Trovolta takes a train of hostages in New York city. It's pretty standard hostage type of with some occasional decent action scenes. The movie just didn't really wow you and Tony Scotts retarded editing is becoming boring, it really takes a dive in this movie in which he does some slow motion skip type of stuff and it looks really cheesy.

Also, John Trovolta is no longer interesting as a bad guy. It was pretty fresh when he first did it in like Broken Arrow and Face off but its almost like thats all he plays now in any of his interesting movies. He was still pretty decent in the movie though but it would have been more interesting seeing him play the good guy maybe.
It's a remake of a 70's movie, have you seen the original? I was going to watch it the other day but got sidetracked. I don't know about the new one, for starters John Travolta is the worst actor ever for a bad guy. Watch all of his movies that he's the bad guy in, Broken Arrow, Face/Off, hell, Battlefield Earth, anything. Watch them one after another. His "bad guy" is always the same person. There is no variation. When he plays a good character he has variety and does a generally good job, but as a bad guy you get the exact same thing every time. The same voice, the same speech patterns, everything.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

Hey dudes. Pooper did you see Hurt Locker? I'd love to hear your professional opinion
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

jetbaby wrote:Watch them one after another. His "bad guy" is always the same person. There is no variation. When he plays a good character he has variety and does a generally good job, but as a bad guy you get the exact same thing every time. The same voice, the same speech patterns, everything.
Because he is not acting.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Eeeevil Scientologist Persona cannot hide before the luminous insights of FILM CRITICISM. :drunk:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Redeye wrote:
jetbaby wrote:Watch them one after another. His "bad guy" is always the same person. There is no variation. When he plays a good character he has variety and does a generally good job, but as a bad guy you get the exact same thing every time. The same voice, the same speech patterns, everything.
Because he is not acting.
Him as the mafia boss in Punisher was one of the most laughable performances I've ever seen.

Faceoff goes in the so bad it's good category.
Travolta as Cage. Cage as Travolta. Oh dear.
Makes Shatner look like Laurence Olivier.
Blargh wrote:Eeeevil Scientologist Persona cannot hide before the luminous insights of FILM CRITICISM. :drunk:
Le zing.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Bridgeburner wrote:Hey dudes. Pooper did you see Hurt Locker? I'd love to hear your professional opinion
I never heard of it but I will look into and see what I can see.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Manoil wrote:no, he'd need assless chaps to pull that off
Chaps are, by definition, assless.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

No he has to cut a hole in his pants for cock access to his ass.
Cow Cud is a twin.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

hurt locker(starring ze singer from qotsa) had feelings, so he chose bombsquad/iraq over his family. 3.7/6

Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Whats the picture all about?
Cow Cud is a twin.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

Its a still from The Hurt Locker.