FO3 Usermods (many compatible with New Vegas)

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

I'll have to check it out but...what KILLED it for me was the dialogue "tree" even though it never really branched or left off options...just many many gamekilling elements in the game...too many really. I'll have to check out all the mods then MAYBE give it another go when its barely recognizable.
...signatures? WTF?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

While I agree, turning the game into a diverse and intense challenge (as far as combat goes), adding variety to the characters you encounter, and providing the freedom to start your own squad/settlement/organization, while eliminating annoying things like the lockpicking minigame, offers enough hope that it's worth another go.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Maybe...changing the voices alone would be but the rest sounds kinda fun too
...signatures? WTF?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I don't want to look through all this garbage, what should I install?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

This is the select stuff from the entirety of the FalloutNexus coffers. Just about all of it is worthwhile.

If you just want to have a taste before adding a ton of shit, you'll probably want to start with The Enclave Power Armor, the Mutant mod (that adds in Wanamingos, floaters, and makes virtually all random critters unique while also allowing you to change the number of hostiles that spawn), the "Apocalypto" environment mod, the Classic Fallout weapons pack, and the T-51b Brotherhood/Outcast armor correction.

Also worth considering is the new user interface that uses a Tactics-ish format, and The classic Power Armor stats, which returns the previous significance of wearing power armor rather than have it as "a slight advantage".

Those are a small start, but put a serious change in the way things work.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

Now all we need is someone, or something, to create a new set of quests with their own voices.
It will be fun!..
make it more linear btw, Because we kinda need to be puched into doing the main quest. Be it from getting informed by the man you ran into about a town with his daughter in it. You meet he people, a little while later the guy comes in and kills the daughter.. something liek that. and then you are forced to finding him to kill him, finding him an escape, or dig deeper into why he killed her. and that might lead to some other random things, but all the more interesting. maybe another town when finding out why she was killed.
My point is, create something that doesnt leave you in a world to do hundereds of quests that don't effect each other. The more linear, with the ability to bail out and chose to do the random trivial quests Bethesda gave us, the better. All with good dialougue of course.
sorry for shitty spelling in the second paragraph, too lazy...
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

People have made quests and everything with them. All I have to work on in judging their worth is searching for Youtube videos about them, which are rarely ever around-- I can't tell whether or not it's worth the download. Hence, I don't bother slapping it onto this forum.

The only meaningful video I found was a total conversion that sets up a Terminator theme; the video's link is on the front page of this thread next to the "T-800 Infiltrator's Plasma Rifle" under movie weapons.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

alrighty danny...i'll bite..downloading a bunch of shit now.
...signatures? WTF?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

There we go... that's a good sport
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

updated
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

excavated
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

appropriated
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

updated
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Jesus, Danny. You're still playing this?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

God no. I only played it on xbawks-- if I had it on PC, then probably I would. But I still scan for decent mods about once every week or two. Like I said, if Fallout 3 is going to have any replay value, it'll be attained in the form of usermods. They are salvation itself
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Somehow since the last time I played, the game decided to no longer work. I'm still collecting mods though. My grandmother got me the GOTY for Christmas and hopefully things will install properly or fix whatever problem I'm having.

Thanks for keeping this thread updated, by the way. I'm sure I'll appreciate it once Christmas rolls around.

I played Vanilla one time through. Played each official vanilla expansion one time through. It really is the usermods that make the game playable more than once.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

A long over-due front page shout out for this thread. Keep it up! :salute:
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Thanks, KoC-- I really appreciate the acknowledgement.
And same to you, ED-- let me know if the vanilla release of GOTY is a better fit with mods than the original.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

updated and links checked
mcdonis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by mcdonis »

The RR companions mod and RR Vault 1 has some unique things I like.
A prisoner system, better companions, inventory sorters and it seems to be updated alot.

Also there is another one called "The Collector", which allows you to go around collecting slaves. It allowed me to enslave the overseer and sell him to the slavers.

Bunker 72 seemed ok, lots of hidden rooms and such.
Our Host!