Fallout 3 Last Impressions

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Fallout 3 Last Impressions

Post by popscythe »

I'll be the last to say it before I officially strike it from the record for all time.

Fallout 3 was fucking garbage.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Ya! The horror will continue in my dreams... it will never subside.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Mediocre and ultimately forgetable. The PC version is the only one worth mentioning because it's more like a free Mod engine kit with bonus freeware game.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Pretty forgettable overall. Not nearly as thought-provoking as originals.

Never finished the main plot. Don't plan to, and certainly will not spend any money on the halfassed DLC.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

My game has been on hold for 4 weeks now so I can't really pass judgment on it yet. I kind of lost interest after I reached the level cap. Who knows, maybe there's a super awesome ending.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

St. Toxic was right all along :oracle:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

They even picked up my "Capitol Wasteland" joke and used it in complete seriousness throughout the game. :chew:
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Did it do well sales-wise? Enough to make them consider a part 4 were the fans will be completely ignored once again.
I'm wondering who'd buy it(No3).
The PC version seems to be doing well here, but Greece never was a big market to begin with(so there still is hope).
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I think it did well but not as well as oblivion obviously. They will always ignore us but since they brought 3 to the consoles 4 will have to have atleast some improvements as the casual gamers will expect it. They can't really do Morrowind complex on PC then oblivion dumb on consoles and expect console gamers wont notice. Actually, wait, they ported morrowind to xbox too. I don't really know I guess but Todd and Pete aren't the type to ask for advice.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I never bothered finishing it.
I didn't bother reviewing it, because everything that needed to be said, was said by the community in the news section.

I have never had so much trouble getting a game to work, and all the bethsoft community could contribute with, was that there was something wrong with my computer and not the game.

There were no good parts, no clever parts or anything remotely interesting.
The community that gathered up around it were diehard idiot fanboys who were more obsessed with oblivion, morrowind and bethsoft, claiming that the rest of us are the fanatics.

It was as much a failure, as it was a "success" for those who liked it.
Testicular Pugilist
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

the ending was laughable
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

johnnygothisgun wrote:the ending was lamentable
true, true.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

never bothered finishing it. As soon as I came up against the army of unkillable BoS that tried to kill me all the time, the game was discarded. If they can't make their games so fucking linear that they need to make people invincible (and in the process make the game unplayable :lol development: ) then they can go suck a dick.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Smiley wrote:I never bothered finishing it.
I didn't bother reviewing it, because everything that needed to be said, was said by the community in the news section.

I have never had so much trouble getting a game to work, and all the bethsoft community could contribute with, was that there was something wrong with my computer and not the game.

The community that gathered up around it were diehard idiot fanboys who were more obsessed with oblivion, morrowind and bethsoft, claiming that the rest of us are the fanatics.

And to think we were supposed to co-author an official DAC review, with you balancing my bias. :evil_laugh:
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Well guys?

How's it feel to know that it's finally over? We can never, ever expect another quality Fallout product, and each Fallout game past this one will grow further and further from it's roots. Much like the redesigned Vault Suit and Pipboy that look nothing like the originals eventually there will be absolutely nothing left of the dead franchise whatsoever.

All hail the new king. The new king has ended our need to continue to talk about/hope for something that will never come back.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

It was over before it begun.
I had trust in that we'd see a new wave of fans jump in, however unlikely that was.

I don't think Fallout has died, because as long as there are original Fallout fans, it lives on in us :salute:

There is still the hope that someone will sufficiently mod the game to something remotely likable. Who knows?
Testicular Pugilist
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Smiley wrote:I never bothered finishing it.

Smiley on May 9th 2008 wrote:I think Fallout 3 will be an alright game.
It wont seem like a GoTY candidate like, say, Bioshock but still entertaining and probably worth the money.
:chew:
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

oh lordy - Smiley isn't the returning Messiah - he's actually been *WRONG* (insert look of extreme shock and horror here)

say it ain't so!?

..................get over it.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Well, we already know they're starting up with the fourth as soon as the DLC is finished being put up. Hopefully, they'll make use of the opportunity to learn from their mistakes... again.

We'll never know until it happens
Our Host!