Random Funshit

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Random Funshit

Post by Doc Hill »

So I've been futzing atound with Fallout 3 for a while now and figured some shit out on my own. Other people might have beat me to the punch, but fuck them.

Fun With Stealth Boys:
I've found a way to get the clothes off anyone in the game without killing 'em. Pretty simple. Use stealth boy, plant a better armor in their inventory, either combat or power, leave, you need to go somwhere witha loading screen, not just the little watch thingy, come back, they will have reasonably realised they have better shit to wear now, and put it on. You can now pickpocket their old shit off them. This worked on Threedog, the SHeriff, and most importantly, Elder Lyons. Why Most importantly? Because his robe wasn't meant to be worn, adn actually goes OVER the pipboy, what's more, when you try to bring the pipboy up in game while wearing it, the sleeve covers it. Not useful, but interesting. I've yet to find an instance where this does not work.

Mesmetron:
This can do the same thing, but you run a better then even chance of just pissing them off or blowing up their head....on second thought....

Colonel Autumn is a cunt:
You can't get his weapon or coat till the end of the game. What the fuck? However, there are two ways to get around this. You can, if you're quick, reposition him during his first appearance. wait for it to glitch out, come back, and hope he died a painful death, and loot him. This has a 50/50 shot.

OR. Wait until the last mission, start it, but tell that bitch Lyons to wait. Now go to Rivet City, head to the memorial, head to the right side of the...ugh...laser screen , there is a rock formation here that you can climb if you're diligent, and get behind the screen, gleefully skip through the monument, killing enclave idiots until you find autumn, plug him, and take his trenchcoat and his fully automatic laser pistol, exit memorial and continue on your merry way. This doesn't even glitch the ending because he either a:respawns so you can kill his ass again or b: His corpse moves to where he should spawn, you kill his guards and continue on your merry way to a lackluster ending.

Just some random shit I've been up to, I'm sure other people have figured this out before me, but as I said, fuck them.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Turning it off and burying the disc in my collection so I'll never find it again. Random, fun, and rewarding.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Turning it off and burying the disc in my collection so I'll never find it again. Random, fun, and rewarding.
I was going to do a walkthrough but I can't play it through another time.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

You try to get these glitches?
How the hell do you have the patience to do so? I would be too bored and figure I can just wait till some nerd figures it out.. oh wai..
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Sandman perk lets you murder anyone (who sleeps) not flagged as immortal without karma impact.
Just a little something that isn't all that surprising given the joke that is FO3 Karma.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Off-topic completely, but what the fuck! Doc Hill! Haven't heard from you in ages?! Or maybe I'm blind, but did you really just come out now that FO3 was published?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

MadBill wrote:Sandman perk lets you murder anyone (who sleeps) not flagged as immortal without karma impact.
Just a little something that isn't all that surprising given the joke that is FO3 Karma.
Also, it lets you target sleeping kids, and since kids can't die, you can get XP over and over and over again.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

The protected NPC's I tried it on went immediately to pickpocket, so I assumed kids did the same... good to know.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

I came out of retirement about two or three months before fo3 hit. I've been stooging arounda little bit since, I'm not postinga shitton but I'm here. I'm one of the brain damaged feebs that actually enjoy this game. Basically I am very easily entertained.

One thing I don't know about the stealth trick, is if it works on kids. I don't know if they are wearing actual armor or if it's baked on. Mebbe I'll check i t out later >..>
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

This was a serious letdown. Actual F3 funshit. What the fuck has happened here?

Also, cheers to Caz for not self-harming by making a walkthrough. Its simply not needed. It would be something like: "Go to Megaton. Do quests. Go to radio-station. Do quest. Save father. Quest. Win!"

There, all done. You can thank me later.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

The random little funshit is all we have left. Make a small house out of cheezepuff boxes because the actual game is fucking fail fail.

...Or pile corpses, quick save and then quick load and watch the engine have epileptic seizures and either shoot spider monsters into space or spontaneously explode the pile into bloody chunks. Then beat on f9 like a redheaded stepchild because reloading DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM ONLY MORE LOL.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Superhaze wrote:This was a serious letdown. Actual F3 funshit. What the fuck has happened here?

Also, cheers to Caz for not self-harming by making a walkthrough. Its simply not needed. It would be something like: "Go to Megaton. Do quests. Go to radio-station. Do quest. Save father. Quest. Win!"

There, all done. You can thank me later.
That was a big portion of why I didn't - the fucking retarded quest arrows I couldn't get past.

I kept wanting to write "Go to quest arrow"..."Go to next quest arrow"..."Lather, rinse, repeat."

A friend of mine is level 16 (I let him borrow my game) and he hasnt even gotten to the radio station yet - he has literally explored 80% of the wasteland and was having fun decorating his house with human skulls and such (in-game, IRL he's actually quite normal) - he just said he had no interest in finding his father....
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yeah, I didn't get to GNR until several days after I hit 20. But then again, I don't think I went in sequential order anyway... I was just exploring the coast and I found the Jefferson memorial, so I raided it and found out about all the other shit. That seemed to be a common theme for me while I was playing.
MedicPowerArmor
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MedicPowerArmor »

Occasionaly, when your using an explosive weapon, when you hit an enemy, it may throw them about 50 feet in the air. I once shot a super mutant into the air with a missile launcher, then used vats before he hit the ground and blew his body to pieces.
Prepare for the future!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

HOW COOL D;
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

My friend said he did Megaton, then just wandered, ended up finding the car shop the Vault pops is in and skipped about what, half of the main story?

Best way to deal with the game. Skip it.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Everytime I read "Megaton" I think "Megatron" and I get really sad inside.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Don't we all?
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

My brother never went to megaton. :renegade:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I went to the BOS base and Jefferson memorial really early in the game, couldn't access the bunker at all, not even if I went hostile and at the memorial there were tons of things that said "You can't use it right now", "This is important to Dad", "Dad wouldn't like it" and shit.
Our Host!