Experientially unaware

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Experientially unaware

Post by Icabod »

So my friend wants to play FO3 on the console, I am at a loss, should I let him go blissfully towards playing and no doubt having a good time with FO3?

Or should I try to educate him on the ways of Fallout proper (suggest him playing the previous games, which he will no doubt pirate). I think the former is a better idea as the old games seem somewhat cheesy with the 2d graphics, not the greatest first impression despite the fantastic writing.

Although, if nothing else he would get some of the back-story and pick up more on the 50's pop trivia. Like I said, I'm at a loss, any input appreciated.

( :hug: in advance to anyone that doesn't :flamed:)
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Tough decision. Rub your dick with Tabasco and try again. Maybe you'll gain some kind of epiphany through the power of concentrated chillies!
���������
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

Try thinking for 20 seconds, i know it hurts, but you wont lose more than 40% of your braincells pondering this question. I promise dreddypoo.
Last edited by Icabod on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I would let him remain ignorant. Educating him with Fallout world history is one thing, but getting all bitter and complaining about what Bethesda did wrong or how it should have been more like originals is just kinda annoying. Let him enjoy himself. Reap the whirlwind.

I have to admit that if I were to put myself in the shoes of someone who had never even heard of Fallout before, I can imagine my mind being blown by FO3. More by the concept of the world than the gameplay or anything else.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I'd say if he wants to play 3, let him. But if he starts complaining and hungering for more content, point him in the right direction.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Icabod wrote:Try thinking for 20 seconds, i know it hurts, but you wont lose more than 40% of your braincells pondering this question. I promise dreddypoo.
Why don't you choke on your words you fool? You're the one asking questions and if you don't like my answers then... then.... then you can as well rub your dick with Tabasco and see what happens then! ;)
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

Dreadnought wrote: Why don't you choke on your words you fool? You're the one asking questions and if you don't like my answers then... then.... then you can as well rub your dick with Tabasco and see what happens then! ;)
Ok I will, then you can choke on MY cock, I'm sure the tabasco will aid in that endeavor.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Is it possible to choke on garnish?
���������
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

only if you inhale, and if its dry, let me assure you that it is definately not.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I know Fallout's graphic are old, but I still think they do look good and feel good. Same with Warcraft 2(though in a completely different style). These games have classic but brilliant and effective visuals.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I agree, I can't get over the fact that the anonymity and homey feel of the 2d graphics and character sprites may contribute to the nostalgia for these games. In addition, I can't help but think a lot of the hate towards FO3 is because of this nostalgia. But again, just a thought.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Icabod wrote:only if you inhale, and if its dry, let me assure you that it is definately not.
So you're all moist in anticipation of me sucking you off?! :nono:
Icabod
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Icabod »

Nope, that was the tobasco, but now that u mention it... :dance:
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

I love the side conversations going on here...

I love fallout because of it's conceptual look/feel/value (everything)
To tell you the truth, even though the graphics werent the best. the animation with blood and guts spilling everywhere were, and are, a lot better than anything i have seen recently. I wanted to tear some one's torso in half, or just rip it apart. Spilling his innards on the ground, forcing the xpc to have to drag them before his inevitable death. *DROOL* (not at violence, just the realism of the game) I mean that was real to me, still more real than anything i have seen in modern generation of graphics. I loved the sounds of the bullets hitting the npc also. Very VEry settling, like i had acomplished something, because the sound was sooooo rewarding. It is the fallout in itself that i like. no one i think can match it in its own value. Fallout 3 IS different to me though. I like it, but it doesnt appeal to me in the full way that original fallouts did.
Our Host!