Power Armor Retextured

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Myron
Regular
Regular

Power Armor Retextured

Post by Myron »

Hi guys...

I've finally manage to retexture Fo3 (the brotherhood of Steel Power Armor)... and it was quite simple.

First i used Fo3 Archive Utility to unpack all files contained on "Fallout - Textures.bsa" then i got the powerarmor_body.dds file from textures/armor/powerarmor/ (archive directory), then using the compressonator 1.41 i formated the .dds files to jpeg and i opened it with paint, then i putted this improved reference to DAC on it...

I know its not much but it was just a test...

Then i reformated the file to dds and got him back in is place... I remade the archive using Fo3 Archive utility and swaped Fo3 original texture pack by mine and voíla...

And to those with a little bit more of patirnce than me you can also make your modifications using shaders (wich require more advanced tools)...

While my objectives are aimed at moddeling and modifying Tes Construction Set (oblivion editor) to put it working on Fo3 files... this is already something to me... I've already posted a topic at the modding forum but it seems that almost no one goes there and im conviced that this might be mostly interesting to most of you... i think...

Anyway... if any of you want to play with retexturing Fo3 i'd be glad to be of some assistance (in any way i can and if needed)... Just PM me, Mail me or post your questions here...
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

make it your avatar
Myron
Regular
Regular

Post by Myron »

PiP wrote:make it your avatar
Maybe i will... when i get something decent... but this was just a test.
Jet Motherfucker... JET!!!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I might be able to advise you a couple ways you could have made it better. Having only a message on the front looks kind of like this.

Try making a copy of the Outcast Power armor, bringing it into photoshop and turning the red stripe textures orange. Black/Orange seems to be our color scheme.
After that, use the same font to write 'DAC' on the shoulderpads.

Try it out.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Oh for fucks sake... this is a fucking embarrassment. Reminds me of so called "personal Skins" at Facepunch Forums - where some untalented dork loads a skin in photoshop and puts some letters on it.

THIS IS NOT A RETEXTURE. THIS IS CRAP.

A retexture would be an ENTIRELY NEW SKIN or HIGHLY MODIFIED.
This shit is half assed and worthless.

A real reskin takes long.
If this took you long, then you're untalented and should try learning the piano.
If this didn't take you long, then it's half assed and you shouldn't post such utter shit here.

However I like the message - DAC is so shit that it now has a skin for Fallout 3.

Congratulations.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

harsh
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Dogmeatlives wrote:harsh
But honest. B)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I still agree. I find it hard to believe Myron isn't an alt and is real.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Myron, Myron... Make me something that'll give me Redding! :D
���������
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Dreadnought wrote:Oh for fucks sake... this is a fucking embarrassment. Reminds me of so called "personal Skins" at Facepunch Forums - where some untalented dork loads a skin in photoshop and puts some letters on it.

If this took you long, then you're untalented and should try learning the piano.
If this didn't take you long, then it's half assed and you shouldn't post such utter shit here.

However I like the message - DAC is so shit that it now has a skin for Fallout 3.

Congratulations.
I'm sad I'm not a mod in this forum...this post would be changed.

Myron - keep up the good work, man - it looks very cool and I may shop your photo and use it down the road.... :hug:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Yeah, so we should all be glad that you're not a mod here. Sure, the post was "harsh" but it wasn't a personal insult. Prolly this Myron is a nice fellow. Or not. I don't care. The point is, that this "reskin" sucks.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

considering he couldn't open up the construction set w/ f3's current setup, I"d say that even "retexturing" the DaC 'motto' on some power armor is pretty cool.

But please, feel free to do *any* modding of *anything* relevant and I'll say it's pretty damn cool, sir.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I can mod your food. B)
���������
Myron
Regular
Regular

Post by Myron »

Mr. Dreadnought... I said THIS WAS JUST A T-E-S-T got it... T-E-S-T!, just looking for some fucking way to aplly new textures and i did it... Why dont you just critisize those who fucking GET PAID to do this? I was just giving you some tips on how to do Y-O-U-R___O-W-N___M-O-D-D-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N-S... And if i post it here it was because no one seems to go to the modding forums...
Myron
Regular
Regular

Post by Myron »

Dreadnought wrote:Oh for fucks sake... this is a fucking embarrassment. Reminds me of so called "personal Skins" at Facepunch Forums - where some untalented dork loads a skin in photoshop and puts some letters on it.

Congratulations.
You want a full retexture... here you go... Maybe this would be more of your pleasing...

entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

KEEP MODDING FO3 YOU ARE ****ING AWESOME DUDE
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Maybe this is the reason why Bethsoft didn't release a construction set for Fallout 3.
Myron
Regular
Regular

Post by Myron »

VasikkA wrote:Maybe this is the reason why Bethsoft didn't release a construction set for Fallout 3.
The Construction Set doesn't allow you to change textures but... whatever... Still, for the third time... i've only posted this to show you how to change Fo3 textures and not to exhibit some masterpiece. But it would seems that many of you are going throw a hard time trying to understanding it... Still... this is what i get for trying to give some little contribute to this community... but from now on i'll just dont give a fuck about this... I joined DAC to share my knowlege of Fallout games both tweaking it, modding it and playing it but like i said, this is what i get for trying to help...
Jet Motherfucker... JET!!!
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

You're a pretty hardcore Fallout modder eh?
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Myron wrote:
VasikkA wrote:Maybe this is the reason why Bethsoft didn't release a construction set for Fallout 3.
The Construction Set doesn't allow you to change textures but... whatever... Still, for the third time... i've only posted this to show you how to change Fo3 textures and not to exhibit some masterpiece. But it would seems that many of you are going throw a hard time trying to understanding it... Still... this is what i get for trying to give some little contribute to this community... but from now on i'll just dont give a fuck about this... I joined DAC to share my knowlege of Fallout games both tweaking it, modding it and playing it but like i said, this is what i get for trying to help...
Don't be such a swell guy, this is Duck and Cover man.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Our Host!