The pioneers are dead

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
pelegrin
SDF!
SDF!

The pioneers are dead

Post by pelegrin »

Long gone is the golden age of games development it has been and gone the pioneers died when games went next gen.

So why does this one community take it so personally when FO 3 failed to meet its expectations.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Why shouldn't we?
pelegrin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by pelegrin »

Just pointing out the failure of fallout to meet what you wanted from it comes down to the state of games dev in general some of you complain like they targeted you and kicked you grandmother in the face before breaking before taking a dump in your cereal

I have no problems with anyone that has actually worked in games dev or ever spent quality time making a quality mod or design having dig at the games design flaws at least they understand the difficulties in games development but the rest of you are like and art critic that has never picked up a paint brush.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

So...I buy a car and it's a piece of shit. I can't criticize it unless I can repair cars?

Video games are ment to be experienced and if I don't like that experience I have every fucking right to complain about what was wrong with it.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Especially if you spent money on said piece of shit.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

It actually becomes priority if you spent money on said p-o-s. Lets others who are considering the product think twice and hear its faults.
pelegrin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by pelegrin »

Wolfman Walt wrote:So...I buy a car and it's a piece of shit, I can't criticize it unless I can repair cars?

Video games are ment to be experienced and if I don't like that experience I have every fucking right to complain about what was wrong with it.
a true and fair call.

There is a big difference between criticism and complaints.
criticism in the right form is beneficial a well structured critique is a great thing I have see some incredibly articulate articles pulling fallout apart.
At least solid critiquing can be used either by the developers and even this community when the modders get a chance to hack up FO3.

unfortunately allot of what you see in the forums is complaining pointless unconstructive babble that makes the community look just like a bunch of rabid little whinge bitchs running around with a "i coulda dun it betta" save our turn based battle system attitude.

Seriously did you read hat_man99's "letter" to Bethesda. That the best example of complaining I have ever seen and the game wasn't even out at the time wtf seems some people hated the game before even getting their hands on it
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

What's the point of this thread? Really. :chew:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

pelegrin wrote: ... what you see in the forums is complaining pointless unconstructive babble that makes the community look just like a bunch of rabid little whinge bitchs running around with a "i coulda dun it betta" save our turn based battle system attitude.
It's the internet, ppl vent.
seems some people hated the game before even getting their hands on it
They had logic based on past examples. And they were right.

Bethesda was also right. They have to exist in a reality defined by market forces. Pleasing a difficult subset wasn't an optimal priority.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's the people who buy these shitty games that have corrupted the industry.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Re: The pioneers are dead

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

pelegrin wrote:Long gone is the golden age of games development it has been and gone the pioneers died when games went next gen.
Long gone is the golden age of forums posting when someone could post a coherent topic and not have it turn into a spam free-for-all. Thank god we have excellent mods that keep the thread shitters at bay^^

Pac Man was the apex of games development...
JohnPnP
I play with my P(n)P
I play with my P(n)P

Post by JohnPnP »

Oddly enough, I'm actually enjoying the game. I really thought I wouldn't. Pleasent suprise for me.
EzekielLyne (8:34:01 PM): would you be the one they make fun of?
EzekielLyne (8:34:31 PM): like "This here is John, the retarded gamer, he enjoys madden 2005, and grand theft auto
EzekielLyne (8:35:02 PM): and he is eagerly expecting the arrival of the next Lara Croft game
pelegrin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by pelegrin »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Pac Man was the apex of games development...
hell yeah Pac Man was killer although they say games effect kids Pac man = running around darkened rooms eating magic pills listening to repetitive electronic music with paranoid delusions you can not only see ghosts but eat them too
niejadek5
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by niejadek5 »

VasikkA wrote:It's the people who buy these shitty games that have corrupted the industry.
And they are...? :clap: :pelvic_thrust:
Castille
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Castille »

niejadek5 wrote:
VasikkA wrote:It's the people who buy these shitty games that have corrupted the industry.
And they are...? :clap: :pelvic_thrust:
stupid.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

St. Toxic wrote:What's the point of this thread? Really. :chew:

I'm glad you covered that. I was going to point out that there is a marked rise in the amount of useless threads as of late.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
WORLDonFIRE
Regular
Regular

Post by WORLDonFIRE »

pelegrin wrote:Long gone is the golden age of games development it has been and gone the pioneers died when games went next gen.

So why does this one community take it so personally when FO 3 failed to meet its expectations.
Failed to meet exspectations?Yea and china wants to free tibet.
Fallout:3 they changed it now it sucks!
WORLDonFIRE
Regular
Regular

Post by WORLDonFIRE »

Redeye wrote:
pelegrin wrote: ... what you see in the forums is complaining pointless unconstructive babble that makes the community look just like a bunch of rabid little whinge bitchs running around with a "i coulda dun it betta" save our turn based battle system attitude.
It's the internet, ppl vent.
seems some people hated the game before even getting their hands on it
They had logic based on past examples. And they were right.

Bethesda was also right. They have to exist in a reality defined by market forces. Pleasing a difficult subset wasn't an optimal priority.
no they were wrong.compared to all the other crap out this year,this was game of the year
Fallout:3 they changed it now it sucks!
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

The fuck it was.
Our Host!