Fallout 3 - down the dusty road

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
WORLDonFIRE
Regular
Regular

Post by WORLDonFIRE »

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Image:FO3_Harold.jpg
ITS HAROLD THE TREE YALL!HURRRRRRRRRRR! :hyper:
Fallout:3 they changed it now it sucks!
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Old news. Great thing about *SPOILERS* and shit. You go, girl! :chick:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

And the fuckers couldn't even get the original guy to voice him. Which made talking to tree Harold even weirder, because whoever wrote his dialogue wrote it just like something Harold would say. I put the speakers on mute during the encounter and simply imagined Harold's original voice.

It's not like the original dude (Charles Adler) isn't around anymore, he did the voice of Starscream in the Transformers movie.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Retlaw83 wrote:
It's not like the original dude (Charles Adler) isn't around anymore, he did the voice of Starscream in the Transformers movie.
woah...wait...what? Are you telling me that Starscream is Harold???
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

That's exactly what I'm telling you. He's supposed to play Starscream in the 2009 sequel, too.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

So after beating FO3 being a 'good' character, which is usually how I roll on the first playthrough of a (lol) RPG where you have uber choices - I've decided to go through playing a neutral chuck norris look alike who uses unarmed.

So far I've found out that:

a) I'm not really using any more stimpacks than I did before, even though I have to run up to everybody and punch them with my fists (keep in mind I've taken 3 perks in the Iron Fist category)

b) It gets really boring just punching people - apparently a random body part gets hit every time because sometimes I cripple their arms, or legs, or head - but nobody's ever fallen apart like they did when I done exploded their heads with my assault rifle.

c) apparently you can easily win a fight against a supermutant with an assault rifle by punching them 3 or 4 times until they die from you STR 10 punches.

d) I have a 10mm pistol on hotkey since lots of people like running backwards while shooting you, and even with a high endurance or agility the only way to catch them is to go into VATS because everybody regardless of how SPECIAL they are all run the same speed

e) It's almost impossible to be neutral in this game. Every fucking thing you do either adds or lowers your karma, and you can't just be some Mad Max type who says fuck everybody unless I get some fuel or caps out of the deal.

f) just west of vault 101 there's a shack where a guy named Mel holds you up with a sawed off shotgun and you can use da SPEECH skillz to pay him off for 5 caps. Also, his raider outfit is a leather vest...missing two sleeves though, unfortunately.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

cazsim83 wrote: everybody regardless of how SPECIAL they are all run the same speed
Yeah, kind of makes putting points in Agility useless, eh?

spewbag
SDF!
SDF!

Post by spewbag »

the game feels like it came out about 6 months too early..its true that there are no intriguing moments, but there easily could be, like fort constantine, the sat-comm arrays, dunwich buliding, the vaults and especially old olney...not to mention they could have had more time to expand the enemies and make the metro stations a bit more worthwhile. to me it feels like a beta test. i love the game immensly, mainly for the world, exploration, but i also hate it for its flaws that everyone has already mentioned, i explored the entire wasteland before i could be assed doin the quest, a whole month of wandering the wastes, and then i find i can finish the game in 3 hours haha. pity...so much potential
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

i love the game immensly
Die in a fire.

k? lol. :D :D :D
Our Host!