why Fallout 3 will be superior to the originals...

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

why Fallout 3 will be superior to the originals...

Post by the_BlackPipMan »

Thats right. you've read the title correctly. these are the reasons why fallout 3 has the potential to surpass the original games in kickassitude.

3D Graphics - This is an easy one. With our new graphical technology the fallout world look more realistic and beautiful then ever.

First person perspective - We will be able to see everything around our character. Instead of relying on clicking and text information, we can actually see items to interact with. visual humor will also be improved. seeing something funny is always better then reading something that tell you you see something funny.

VATS - Not only is it keeping the great tactical targeting as the original games, it also makes a point to slow down and zoom in on kills in a smooth cinematic style.

Dialog - There will be 20x the amount of dialog options of the originals, it will also use your effectiveness with certain skills to prompt additional dialog options. (exp. high science will trigger scientific response)

Adjustable camera - This game doesn't force you into playing the game only in FPP. It also allows you to go third person, as we as semi isometric.

Neutral characters- in this game it does not encourage you to be either good or bad. it has valid rewards for being neutral as well.

No useless skills - Every skill in this game has a solid benefit for the character. they have removed useless skill (or combined them with their logical partner) (exp. useless skills include: gambling, throwing)

more will be included as the thought arises.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well done, good sir. Quite a performance you're pulling off. Question remains - why not at NMA? No one gives a fuck about the game hereabouts anyway.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

VasikkA wrote:Well done, good sir. Quite a performance you're pulling off. Question remains - why not at NMA? No one gives a fuck about the game hereabouts anyway.
they don't except users in my area.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

OK - can someone PLEASE answer this for me? I seriously think I'm the only one.

Graphics - I think almost all new graphics look like shit. I miss my old CRT monitor and think that LCD's for whatever reason make things look too unreal. Graphics now go away form realism and toward that shitty final fantasy movie a few years back... I honestly don't see much of an improvement from say '96 adventure games(sanitarium). Sure, they're 3d but honestly its most of the time just a smoother version of quake. Explosions, whatever, sure, they're better but...theres just something about it that makes me feel like we haven't made progress at all. Battlefield 2 is fairly old and its rare that I can find a game that greatly surpasses it. Am I the only one who is thoroughly unimpressed with graphics?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:
VasikkA wrote:Well done, good sir. Quite a performance you're pulling off. Question remains - why not at NMA? No one gives a fuck about the game hereabouts anyway.
DU, please implement the NMA area ban, please.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Caleb wrote:OK - can someone PLEASE answer this for me? I seriously think I'm the only one.

Graphics - I think almost all new graphics look like shit. I miss my old CRT monitor and think that LCD's for whatever reason make things look too unreal. Graphics now go away form realism and toward that shitty final fantasy movie a few years back... I honestly don't see much of an improvement from say '96 adventure games(sanitarium). Sure, they're 3d but honestly its most of the time just a smoother version of quake. Explosions, whatever, sure, they're better but...theres just something about it that makes me feel like we haven't made progress at all. Battlefield 2 is fairly old and its rare that I can find a game that greatly surpasses it. Am I the only one who is thoroughly unimpressed with graphics?
you have astigmatism?
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

cazsim83 wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote:
DU, please implement the NMA area ban, please.
too late
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I happen to agree with the blackman. FO3 will obviously be the best.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

actually yes i do have astigmatism - but it doesn't interfere with my vision, it just makes the lcd seem...somehow less real/have trouble noticing movement
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Caleb wrote:actually yes i do have astigmatism - but it doesn't interfere with my vision, it just makes the lcd seem...somehow less real/have trouble noticing movement
to be honest dude i don't know what to say if N64s golden eye looks better then crysis to you.

i can definitely see an improvement.

but some people like retro looks. i have a friend who only plays old school systems like super nintendo and sega genesis.

claims they don't make em how they used to.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Dogmeatlives wrote:I happen to agree with the blackman. FO3 will obviously be the best.
blackPIPman! :anger:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Your unmatched stupidity managed to toss me out of a delightful coma. I don't know how they run things in Africa (I'm guessing 'badly'), boy, but in this aryan community we either back our claims with hard-as-cocks evidence, or posting status, which is something you ain't got.

Beautiful, realistic 3d world -- I like that. Too bad the screens and the vids sort of ruin that dream. I guess it looks purdy' compared to seeing your father die from starvation, while your younger brother, skeletal as he is, rolls around in a pool of his own shit, but we don't usually dwell on such images for comparison in this neck of the woods.

Seeing everything around our character -- No problem, we had that in the originals, and it worked pretty gosh darn good. (Saw you complaining about lack of highlights in another thread -- there was a button in options for that, and I think Alt worked too.) Visual humour, again, would be great, except, well:

A) You don't really need 3d(glasses) to appreciate visual humour. In fact, stunning visuals do nothing to accentuate humour; it's the writing, the wit, behind the joke that's in fact funny.
2) The jokers back in Bethland don't know fun from fungus.

Tactical targetting and SLOW-MO-CAM -- very 'Matrix' but a poor replacement for an actual tb or phasebased combat system, and completely pointless with FIREARMS and FIRST PERSON and REALTIME because you can target in REALTIME with your FIREARM in FIRST PERSON. Also, no tactical targetting for mele, because, apparently, you can never miss with mele weapons / unarmed. I guess it's true to life, considering that back-street negros are the Nr. 1 playerbase -- they've had loads of practice with fists and knives fyi.

Dialogue X20 of the originals (combined or on their own?) + skills impact on dialogue/quest -- very nice indeed. They obviously have alot of dialogue in there, and the skill bit made a few appearances in the originals. Obviously, saying that there's 40 000 lines in there, doesn't really reveal wether it's 40 000 lines of shit cobbled together, or 40 000 lines of the purest emotion and drama you'll ever see in your life: think Neverwinter Nights 2, or even Metal Gear Solid. So, in my mind, I revisit earlier Bethesdian 'games' and imagine the dialogue from, say, Marrowind or Oblivionwind, spun out to encompass 40 000 lines -- and it's an appalling thought. Better than hearing a group of africans clicking away, but all the same I'd rather skip it.

FP/3DP/ISO -- No argument there. Maybe, er, just a question:

Why, if you're such an avid promoter of first person view, would you give fuck all about an ability to switch away from it, thus breaking your smutty immersion? I'm guessing that you won't use it, and we (those of us who will play it) won't use it, and so the sheer idea of them working on it at all is beyond me, unless they want to show a 'gentler side' of the mentally retarded wifebeater they currently represent, by bringing us flowers at the emergency ward. Appretiated.

Valid rewards for being neutral? I don't even understand this bit. Obviously there's a reward for being bad, good and neutral in every goddamn game, because wether you're playing it bad, good or neutral you're playing it and the game rewards you for it (if it doesn't, you should probably quit and it's probably an mmo). But, what we do know by now, is that it rewards the GOODIE-2-SHOES and the NEUTY-1-FOOTs a bit moreso than the BAD-CATs, by removing the ability to get away with crime. Not you'll have to excuse me, but I must question the sincerity of any black man who'll abide by such a decision.

Useless skills -- well fine. So they dropped some skills they considered useless, and you're already on your knees giving them a bj, fine. Most of us here figured out which skills were useless, on our own, back in ye' olden days (even if I did have a thing for gambling way back when) and so we've never really had that problem. But if you had a hard time with it, fine, I'm happy you've been fixed. Should've probably stayed in school and off of the mean streets throwing the rock down; could've avoided that issue alltogether.

I hope we're 'down' on the issue, 'homie'. 4 real?
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:
Caleb wrote:actually yes i do have astigmatism - but it doesn't interfere with my vision, it just makes the lcd seem...somehow less real/have trouble noticing movement
to be honest dude i don't know what to say if N64s golden eye looks better then crysis to you.

but some people like retro looks. i have a friend who only plays old school systems like super nintendo and sega genesis.

So battlefield 2 was released when goldeneye was? And unless you know which games i'm referencing then shut the fuck up. I'm not saying SOME games don't look better...FO3 just looks like ass to me, pure and simple. I don't see anything groundbreaking or innovative.

And thank you toxic.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Aryans and hard ass cocks?

i think i used that sentence in the 7th grade as an example for oxymoron...
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Graphics are second/third/forth to good design choices/mechanics and decent story telling as far as I care. I actually retain a bit of imagination and don't need a universe visually spoon fed to me to actually enjoy a setting.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

Caleb wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote:

So battlefield 2 was released when goldeneye was? And unless you know which games i'm referencing then shut the fuck up. I'm not saying SOME games don't look better...FO3 just looks like ass to me, pure and simple. I don't see anything groundbreaking or innovative.

And thank you toxic.
if you cant tell the difference between a game made in 1996, and a game created in 2008, i think its the down syndrome. :dance:
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

the_BlackPipMan wrote:Aryans and hard ass cocks?

I used "swell guy looking for an honest living."
Last edited by St. Toxic on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
the_BlackPipMan
Respected
Respected

St. Toxic wrote:
the_BlackPipMan wrote:Aryans and hard ass cocks?

I used "swell guy looking for an honest living."
why did the white man invent the internet?

its the only place they could call blacks swell guy and not have to change there pants.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Apperently you've never been to the south. Also, AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO STOP POSTING?
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Starting this thread was just a bad idea.

Total flamebait.
Our Host!