Anyone else here still play WoW?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Wool - Kil'jaden
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

against everything I thought was true, I started this again.

if anybody is interested in teaming up, email or PM me :)
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

cazsim83 wrote:against everything I thought was true, I started this again.

if anybody is interested in teaming up, email or PM me :)
Try DDO, it's way simpler than WoW.

Also vastly smaller.

Use it to avoid Cold Turkey.

Switch to DDO --> get bored of DDO --> stop MMO --> life returned to you
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

I still play.
I have stepped down from my vice guild master spot and elite raider spot, and now just raid when I feel like it. But I do still play.

Currently levelling a new character with my boyfriend ^^
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

...It's a trap!
Testicular Pugilist
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Dude, plz2reply to PM, kthx.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I still recieve emails from Hammer's clan occasionally. They always say "THIS MEETING IS MANDATORY IF YOU WANT TO STILL BE IN THIS CLAN," I wonder how much of that is true.

Also, how could you guys start this game ever after hearing the horror stories of how it destroys your life?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

As much as I'm told I'm missing out, I've still never got into WoW.

Probably for the best so that I wouldn't get Smiley-pwnt.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Tingel Tangel wrote:Dude, plz2reply to PM, kthx.
Done.

As much as I'm told I'm missing out, I've still never got into WoW.

Probably for the best so that I wouldn't get Smiley-pwnt.
You're only missing out if you need/like something addictive and repetative.

I'd say the game took a turn for the better once you could see the world change after doing quests, but it's only in the last expansion and then mostly only in the last zone of the expanded area.
Better late than never I suppose...
Testicular Pugilist
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I might have said it previously, but the whole reason I didn't join far earlier on was that there was no Necromancy class, no Death Knights and etc.
It sounds like it might be fun, now that it's available, but playing through the majority of the game before finally getting the option kind of sounds retarded. You'll have to forgive me, but... I just don't have that patience.

I'd rather play FO3 again, or hit my knee with a hammer just to watch the reflex.
And that's how I got nerve damage in the first place.
Afternoon well-spent.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I'm still playing and got my gf to play as well so we're making new characters together.
I'm pretty casual about it now, I hardly raid but that's probably due to the shitty nature of the content. In a month or so, patch 3.1 will come out and with it a new raid instance, Ulduar. If that fails to deliver too, I will quit raiding. I'll still play casually because my gf likes this game quite a lot and to be honest, it is fun, but hey.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Manoil wrote:I might have said it previously, but the whole reason I didn't join far earlier on was that there was no Necromancy class, no Death Knights and etc.
It sounds like it might be fun, now that it's available, but playing through the majority of the game before finally getting the option kind of sounds retarded. You'll have to forgive me, but... I just don't have that patience.
Not trying to addict you or anything, but you could borrow or buy a friends account, or ebay one. Death Knights start off at level 55(out of 80). Frater probably knows better than me, but I think that's about a third of time saved, maybe more.

I'm half tempted to try to convince you, because starting out with a deathknight is kinda epic, since the content there is well thought out.
Testicular Pugilist
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

all of you and your damn european servers....I am all alone here in America.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Smiley wrote:
Manoil wrote:I might have said it previously, but the whole reason I didn't join far earlier on was that there was no Necromancy class, no Death Knights and etc.
Not trying to addict you or anything, but you could borrow or buy a friends account, or ebay one. Death Knights start off at level 55(out of 80). Frater probably knows better than me, but I think that's about a third of time saved, maybe more.

I'm half tempted to try to convince you, because starting out with a deathknight is kinda epic, since the content there is well thought out.
It really depends on how you level. Do you have any friends that play, Manoil? They can do this thing called RAF (recruit a friend) which makes you level at triple speed. I've leveled up 3 characters using this and it's very fucking fast, so getting to 55 doesn't really take long at all, it's getting from 60-80 that takes ages. (With RAF, my Shaman has 14 hours /played [time spent ingame] and he's level 61, after that the speed slows down a lot).
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

As far as I know, the three of us Euro-scum don't actually play on the same server. I think we're the same faction, but on different servers?
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Frater Perdurabo wrote: It really depends on how you level. Do you have any friends that play, Manoil? They can do this thing called RAF (recruit a friend) which makes you level at triple speed. I've leveled up 3 characters using this and it's very fucking fast, so getting to 55 doesn't really take long at all, it's getting from 60-80 that takes ages. (With RAF, my Shaman has 14 hours /played [time spent ingame] and he's level 61, after that the speed slows down a lot).
RAF doesn't work in specific countries, such as denmark.
I think we're the same faction, but on different servers?
Horde - Genjuros

Moved away from Burning Legion since the lag and overpopulation of polish was unbearable.
Testicular Pugilist
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:It really depends on how you level. Do you have any friends that play, Manoil? They can do this thing called RAF (recruit a friend) which makes you level at triple speed. I've leveled up 3 characters using this and it's very fucking fast, so getting to 55 doesn't really take long at all, it's getting from 60-80 that takes ages. (With RAF, my Shaman has 14 hours /played [time spent ingame] and he's level 61, after that the speed slows down a lot).
A couple, but even if my comp could handle it (and that would probably be a stretch... depending on whether or not its comparable to 13 ping on CS:S), I can't afford a monthly service. My cousin plays, as well as Caz (who isn't too far away from me), so I know that I've got people to play WITH.

Does the RAF work as far as the recruiter, or the recruit?
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Manoil wrote:Does the RAF work as far as the recruiter, or the recruit?
Both.
Tingel Tangel
Fascist Bitch
Fascist Bitch

Post by Tingel Tangel »

Dude, I've played Horde on Genjuros for the past year and a half o.O
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Outland, Alliance.
Our Host!