"The Responsibles"

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

"The Responsibles"

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

So about half my class has a case of the summers and didn't turn in their homework this morning...So I bored them endlessly with a video and various assignments about being responsible. Then we got to the interesting part. I had them make their own super hero that had certain responsibilities (about school) that used their super powers to make sure they met their goals...Blah, blah, blah...Some came out pretty good, others sucked. We used math (measurement and rulers), social studies (civic responsibility), and writing (on the back they wrote a story to go along with their illustrations). Just to egg them on, I made one as well.

Introducing RoboJones.

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'm glad I'm over with school :salute:
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Nice. Jones should be frying that kid's head, though.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

oh my god - you drew a picture of a robot shooting a kid in the head to motivate your class!?

that's genius! :joy:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Here's my entry....

rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Sorry drinker, but that is so very gay that i think liberache just got reincarnated by the effluent gay energy it released into the surrounding homoverse.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

3rd Graders like stupid stuff...What can I say?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

rabidpeanut is way too cool to be bothered with trying to think about the context of the artwork.

So what was the class' (sic?) response? Would it be against regulations to post some of their weirdest crap?
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Oh shit. Sorry did not know you taught such young ones. I thought that they might be older. Cause if you tried that on anyone older i think they might use their new found pubescence to rape you.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

cazsim83 wrote:So what was the class' (sic?) response? Would it be against regulations to post some of their weirdest crap?
Well..They're third graders, so most of it is just copies of whatever I say/do. Plus, they're from the barrio, plus, most speak/read/write English only at school...So their vocabulary is severely lacking.

Most of their responses were "He take out the trash," or "He do dishes," as those were two of my examples, though I used the Queen's English. The most interesting one was "He ate all the bats." You know...With these kids, that just might be an actual responsibility...

I'd post their stuff, but most of it is just stick figures...I'll try to get something interesting before Summer break.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

heh heh - some kid's maybe been listening to too much Ozzy, eh?

So are you teaching some sort of ESL class, or is it just the location you're in there happens to be a lot of immigrant's kids?

In my elementary, even though it was an Air Force school, all the kids we played in football, soccer, etc were Mexican as it was far west Phoenix so we were about the only white school in that area at the time.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

strangely where i live, multiple elementary schools are in a crisis kind of state. Over 30 distinct language groups in some of the schools.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Multicultural America :rofl:
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

just give them some ubuntustan and get over it. :apartheid:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I just work in an area with 97% of the actual outside the school population being Hispanic...Even the ten or so "white kids" are either half Mexican or half Native Indian...However, all speak Spanish at home with very few exceptions. I have one student in my class that doesn't speak Spanish this year..This is the first time in my three years at this school.

Over 50% of the student population in the entire district is Hispanic, the other 45% or so is mostly black, then a smaller percentage of white, then a smaller percentage of Asian & Middle Easterners.

And this isn't a small district...There are about 60 elementary schools (not including the various charter/private schools). 13 Middle (6 - 8) (not including charter/private). 11 High Schools (9 - 12) (not including blah, blah, blah).
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Here's my superhero.

Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

awesome, well drawn mang
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree