I still don't get it...

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
kevo2202
SDF!
SDF!

I still don't get it...

Post by kevo2202 »

After all those articles I read, all those things I researched to find out what The Vault is, I still don't get it.

Complete construction equipment, hydro-agricultural farms, water purification from underground river, defensive weaponry to equip 10 men, communication, social and entertainment files (for total duration of 10 years at 1000 capacity).

And Vault 13 is suppose to be closed for 200 years, and also Vault 15 is going to be closed for 50 years.

how are they going to survive after those expire? duration time 10 years....

And WHY would they ever want to experiment people at that kind of time? nuclear war? Why would they even feel like experimenting people at that kind of time.
I actually kind of understood that part, since it said "how successfully they re-colonize after the Vault opens." I guess that's why they experimented people?

Sorry I never played Fallout series, until I heard about Fallout 3, I became interested in Vaults.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Play the series.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

The Enclave rigged the vault as an experiment in isolation. The underground river and hydro-agricultural farms must have been enough to sustain them for about ninety years when the chip finally gives and it needs replacing.

I suspect there was heavy rationing going on by then but it's never really mentioned in the game. Try getting ahold of the first game if you can. You'll get a better sense of the vault and the rest of the Fallout world, or you can wait for Fallout 3 when the Fallout world is bunched up, thrown in the garbage, and a new one is started.

To me, the experiments sound more like bad jokes than valid science. I don't see the point in them anyway, but it's what happened so...
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
kevo2202
SDF!
SDF!

Post by kevo2202 »

ya thanks, maybe I should try and get Fallout 1 and 2 if I can, since 1st one is pretty old.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

when you do play them prepare to be fucking blown away by how awesome they are.
WORLDonFIRE
Regular
Regular

Post by WORLDonFIRE »

rabidpeanut wrote:when you do play them prepare to be fucking blown away by how awesome they are.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!Oh you were serious?(I kid Ikid)
Fallout:3 they changed it now it sucks!
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

kevo2202 wrote:ya thanks, maybe I should try and get Fallout 1 and 2 if I can, since 1st one is pretty old.
I suggest clicking on one of the GOG banners around DAC. You can download copies of the game along with all sorts of free stuff, and you help out DAC in the process
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
AnneGwish
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by AnneGwish »

Smells like....

necromancy.
"If you could be God's worst enemy, or nothing, which would you choose?" -Fight Club

"God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you" -Angelspit
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

KoC was totally PUNK'D by Worldonfire. :pelvic_thrust:
Our Host!