Hat Man. Thats Lame. Letter to bethesda softcocks about fo3

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Hat Man. Thats Lame. Letter to bethesda softcocks about fo3

Post by hat_man99 »

Ive sent a letter to them to see if i get a reply on all the things ive said about what fo3 is going to be like.

The letters all rant and no substance and probebly all wrong
But im drunk+stoned right now
So ill make all the fucking sense i want

If anyones interested to see the letter.
Ill post it.
If not.
I wont bother.
Ill be posting there reply if i get one though.
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Let's see that shit.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Pix or it didn't happen.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Post plz. Want to see what things YOU hate about F3.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

They never sent me a reply and i thought i deleted this thread anyway

I dont think they will cos i outlined every single fault i could see.
And by what i could see its what ive learnt by reading every 3rd news peice on fallout and news by word info ive learnt from friends.
Plus i pretty much tryed to dumb down the abuse so they'd reply.
But alas even will all the dick sucking i never got one. Ill post the letter now.

Edit: Before you read that do realise, this is me, hat man, writing a letter, so all my opinions are probebly lame and wrong. Also i used quotes without mentioning names of what people said on DaC about it. So some of your opinions are in there too.
Last edited by hat_man99 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

With the release of fallout 3 coming closer id like to point out a couple of things that the fallout community have problems with about what your doing.

Note. This is not all about hate. I have alot of optimism so far but its starting to wear thin. Its about what problems ive seen from interviews and previews.
As well as second hand info.

1. Making fo3 a 'kiddy console game' craptastix
- Sure it fulls your pockets with money but once you start to do this to games to appeal to a new audience you lose 10s of thousands of hardcore fans over the years that have come to love and follow the game so much.

This is why many people started modding by them selves on this epic game. As it was a classic with its dark humour and wonderful features and story line* (I will go into this in detail further down).

But you have moved away from us.
Producing the kiddy console game just to draw in more profit for your toy in hand game oblivion.

2. None of the dark humour will be in fallout 3 (taken from interviews from websites that interviewed YOU!)

- What your doing with this is like raping someone then waiting for a child to be born and deny it any of its abilities and making it clean out toilets.

This is a quote taken from an die hard fallout fan on this subject

"I do have to agree with one of the posts I saw on the website (refering to a website with one of your interviews), that said "Though it looks like it'll remain a bleak atmosphere (which is good), it seems as though they aren't keeping with the dark humor aspect of fallout, which was one of the greatest parts."

Anybody can make a place look like absolute shit-- which helps set the mood, no doubt-- but fallout's uncanny ability to make you laugh at gruesome or even depressing things was one of the main selling points. If they get rid of it, you can be damn sure shit won't feel the same"

Without this alot of fans will turn away from the series all together.

It IS what brought it to life. The random humour like the whale from Hitch hikers guide or meeting king arthur from the holy grail (monty python)

But in the direction your taking none of this will be including, as to appeal to the "kiddy console gamers" or as there more commonly known, the parents and the kids who play the games.

So what if mum doesnt like a joke about sex? Its not your place to change a game at all just to appease 'MUM'.

I know hundreds of fans who would refuse to buy fo3 without this element and it is like raping a dead body in the ass to take out this.

3. VATS.

VATS?
VATS?!?!
What the fucking hell is this ment to be?
A joke right?
Your turning fallout into an fps "Stalker" clone.
The turn base combat was terrific and what they did in Fo tactics was a hell of alot (though a comprimise it still aloud for full turn based) better then what vats is.

From these reports from interviews it says as you wear more armour (like the epic power armour) it makes using vats basiclly impossible.
So your joke of a solution is taken, burned and thrown out the window if you want good armour like that. All your making is an fps style rpg like oblivion, which has its good points im sure but that ISNT FALLOUT.

This is
And i quote from many many hardcore fallout out fans (though itll be more like stalker to me)

OBLIVION WITH GUNS

Mixing it in with the fallout franchise will make fall out 3 an bastard child.

4. Side quests and main story

Sure its alright i guess, havent seen too much about it.

But having only side quests that cant tie into the story line at all bothers me quite alot.
Which advanced scripting now and more room to make a game, you should make helping the farmer with killing the mutants in your farm, effect how people feel about you but also talk. And have it not just one script.

I dont wanna see this put in then all i get is something like an voice script when i talk to them "Man you really creamed those mutants yo" in a voice that 423098234 people in the game have then not have any dialogue in it about how i did it.

Thats not rpg. Thats an crappy excuse

5. Npcs

Aparently your not going to enclude any charactors from any of the previse games you said.

Well you also talked about "Dog meat" a few times.
But making a new dog, that just so happens to be called DogMeat is like taking Harold or another char from the previous games and just renaming him Mervin or something.

Its quite see through.

So make your mind up.

Cos that is one from a previous game, one you dont find on a random "find"

Ifs its a hard to find joke then im all for it

But if you make "random" as "when your wandering around during the game he walks up to you.
Your just making a joke out of yourself to everyone who isnt a kiddy console gamer, or one of your media hyping brown tongued pencil dick interviewers.

6. CONSOLE GAMERS COME NOW

AHAHAHA. Your seriously making it for xbox right?
So what features you going to change?
All of it i guess.
For god sake, stop trying to make max profit and you might make a proper game which people will want to buy for all its awesomeness even if they have to get a better computer, not just cos they "Saw it on the shelves in the gaming store and it looked cool and was for xbox"

All youll end up with is the previous crapfest that was the fallout released on Ps2 and xbox.
Those too where shittastic.

Also, xbox live?
Your makin this multiplayer?
I fucking hope not.
It offends me you are.
Fallout is a personal experience which, if you much which most do, you talk about it and show each other things over YOUR play through. Now go online and play with friends.
That reduces it down to every D&D game ever made.
(excepting those produced on computer, but that still was a bother.)

7. The mutants.

All im saying is they look like orks with guns.
Sttttuppiiidddd

8. The whole fps thing

God where do i start

FALLOUT ISNT MENT TO BE FPS
YOU ARE NOT MAKING STALKER

Your making it into a complete and utter joke of a game by doing that. Sure bioshock did that. But that WASNT AN EPIC RPD FRANCHISE

And system shock make many years before it totally raped it anyway so all they made was a shitty game with a similar name.

If i wanted to play an rpg with fps, id go buy hellgate london for gods sake.

All your going to do is make a script where every 3rd shot or something misses if your gun skill isnt high enough or your bullets are weaker or it take longer to reload etc

You cant make effective rpg style combat while making it an fps. Thats it. Entirely.

Give me an explanation how you can make an true rpg with auto matic weapons in it and still have an rpg?
What are you going to do?
Make it spray randomly?
God i hope not.

Theres more.
But i wont go into it.

9. The dialogue

Its all basiclly here in this one comment from an fan.

"Half of the fun is to say neat things, not just go "master" to some mutant.
One word chit is dumb.
One wants be be able to ask it in a few different ways, like:
"So, tell me about this master" <for>
"I heard that the master rapes children" <provoke>
etcetc..
"Bye"

In FO which dialogue option you chose made a difference, with only one choice its the chit. And you cant really play as your character, since you cant choose how to speak to people.
The bethsoft way takes away the personality of ones character."

And i agree with him

Also having an ask about option like that had in the original will be good. In my opinion anyway. For outside predefined dialogue shit.

10. Melee combat

How will vats handle this?
The game refuses to pause until the target is within 2 feet of you?

A quote from a fallout fan

"Also, supposing they actually find a way to implement melee combat into V.A.T.S., the way I understand the system is that after your queued action and the slow motion bullet time sequence you are thrown back into real time combat. How could the transition from slow motion "d00d!" footage to a super mutant beating you feverishly with a hydrant not be awkward?"

How are you going to handle this?
And your also not using vats for movement points so you can just run around in a circle around them right?
Whats vats going to do about that?

Also removing hand to hand is just a stupid idea.
What about not putting it in entirely?
What are you going to do when an orc gets up to you?
Cry?

-------

As a fan im concerned about this and many other things and id like to play a game where i dont wanna get up and go to the bathroom cos i just wanna go to new reno and do a quest not. OH GOD I GOTTA WALK SAVE AND QUIT till i can be bothered to come back and sit there.
OR
Another fear for me is it becoming an Post Nuclear Sofa Rpg.
Thats just wrong.

I do hope these things can be issued. Talked out. And an reply sent to me so i can communicate this to the hard core fan base i belong to.

If you ruin the series, i will have to eat out your mothers,
Hat Man
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I can't believe anyone still cares that much about fallout 3
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

hat_man99 wrote:Hi, I'm 17 and I like to bitch a lot.
No surprise they didn't reply. Learn how to write letters. Learn how to write at all.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

yeah man you write like a middle schooler or something
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I give it an F.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

i care more than that.

fucking bethesda dick hole pussylips.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Hahaha.
I am a man of words spoken and actions performed, paper and pen has never been my forte so to speak.

I dont care though.

Its only DaC :dribble:

I woulda like them to send me a reply telling me to fuck of in the least though, you know?
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I feel you man, but in their defense you WERE drunk, and your spelling does kinda suck. Also, they love money, not game design.
Last edited by rabidpeanut on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

hat_man99 wrote: I am a man of words spoken and actions performed, paper and pen has never been my forte so to speak.
shitty excuse
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I expected more from you.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

You did? shame then SHHHHAAAAMMMEEE

Everything is a shitty excuse these days anyway.

I mean look at the U.s. Government
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Wellp, now that it's over, and there will officially never be a new good video game, I'm glad to see that the only people who care enough to actually write a letter are fifteen year old latinos.

Thank you hatman. I'm going to nip off and kill myself now.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Let it die man.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

what? CRYSIS WAS FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME.

take that North Korea! :evil_laugh:

BTW I have written PLENTY of hate mail to those fuckers.
Our Host!