Moar awsum FO3 newz guyz!

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Moar awsum FO3 newz guyz!

Post by spokomptonjdub »

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3 ... lk=topslot

Another crappy gaming "journalist's" impressions of the game.

My favorite line:

"trying to stay true to the original vision of the first Fallout game from 1997 while also including all the improvements and open-ended exploration of its last game, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion."
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

To add some flavor, here are some comments posted after the article:

"This looks like a futuristic oblivion! Since it is made by bethesda it will definaetely have me emptying 60 bucks from my pocket when it comes out. Looks amazing!"

"This is like Oblivion meets Resident Evil, meets Gears of War. I cant wait!"

"It's funny, I think. To say it's oblivion with guns is just a very high compliment in my book. Oblivion is the best rpg made to date. I would hate it if this is just another fps like any other, but seeing what Bioshock did with the fps genre, moving it closer to rpg... I hope that Bethesda does the same thing in the other direction."

"Dude this game will totaly rock, i hope there is gonna be an online option. DUDE THAT WOULD BE SOOO COOL!"

"if RPG's move away from being games based soley on stats and towards something greater than the sum of it's parts isn't that a good thing"
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Duuuuuude :rofl:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

spokomptonjdub wrote:"if RPG's move away from being games based soley on stats and towards something greater than the sum of it's parts isn't that a good thing"
oblivion fanboys on acid?! :drunk:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

seeing what Bioshock did with the fps genre, moving it closer to rpg... I hope that Bethesda does the same thing in the other direction."
pretty good imo
Patrick
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Patrick »

Its getting worse and worse every fucking day
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

spokomptonjdub wrote:To add some flavor, here are some comments posted after the article:

"This looks like a futuristic oblivion! Since it is made by bethesda it will definaetely have me emptying 60 bucks from my pocket when it comes out. Looks amazing!"

"This is like Oblivion meets Resident Evil, meets Gears of War. I cant wait!"

"It's funny, I think. To say it's oblivion with guns is just a very high compliment in my book. Oblivion is the best rpg made to date. I would hate it if this is just another fps like any other, but seeing what Bioshock did with the fps genre, moving it closer to rpg... I hope that Bethesda does the same thing in the other direction."

"Dude this game will totaly rock, i hope there is gonna be an online option. DUDE THAT WOULD BE SOOO COOL!"

"if RPG's move away from being games based soley on stats and towards something greater than the sum of it's parts isn't that a good thing"
Very informative.
I actually found the comment below to be both meaningful and intelligent while true to the topic.

"Looks awesome! BTW is GTA4 going to be released for PC???"
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

There's some more enlightening comments that have been posted since, and I made the mistake of actually trying to argue with the frothing masses.

So apparently I'm going to go "get over myself" as per the advice of the droves of pre-teen graphx whores who wouldn't know a good game or a RPG if it shoved its giant black cock of awesomeness up their collective asses.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

oh...jesus.

You know, on an advanced engine, a 3rd person rpg fallout game would have potential. But there seems to be some kind of trend with absolute douchebags being put in charge of the creative responsibilities... to the point that you can assume they've never even heard of fallout prior to working on it. That's my hypothesis of how Fallout:BOS on the Playstation sucked so much ass, but as for right now, I'm hoping that they really, really try not to fuck over Fallout yet again.

Another failed Fallout title will cause more riot in the Fallout community than the religion riots will in 2012.
Last edited by Manoil on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Echoes
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Echoes »

since when shitblivion is best rpg ever made oO morrowind was like 100 times better,not saying anything bout FO or planescape:torment...i'm beggining to loose my optimism x[
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Morrowind rapes oblivion's mom.

F3 is actually starting to look quite good. Though i will remain a skeptic till the bitter end.

IMO Bg1,2 and IWD > torment, did not like the way the fighting system worked the rest of the game and the story were obviously better then IWD and BG
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I do have to agree with one of the posts I saw on the website, that said "Though it looks like it'll remain a bleak atmosphere (which is good), it seems as though they aren't keeping with the dark humor aspect of fallout, which was one of the greatest parts."

Anybody can make a place look like absolute shit-- which helps set the mood, no doubt-- but fallout's uncanny ability to make you laugh at gruesome or even depressing things was one of the main selling points. If they get rid of it, you can be damn sure shit won't feel the same
Caratzillion
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Caratzillion »

[quote="rabidpeanut"]Morrowind rapes oblivion's mom.

isn't morrowind oblivion's soccermom.. and Daggerfall the cool motorcycle ridin' daddy?

this would mean morrowind rapes (her?)self

get your facts straight!
Our Host!