Do u believe in gawd?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Do u have faith my son?

Yes, father.
21%
Eat shit, cunt. (No)
79%

Total votes: 19

Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Do u believe in gawd?

Post by Dreadnought »

Well do you?

If yes, tell us which one it is you believe in so we can make fun of your jew ass.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Eat shit and die.
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Patrick
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Patrick »

Shit is undecided as of now. :drunk:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I don't believe in god, but I do believe in a reasonable rate of return. :eyebrow:

I feel personally that the concept of a god, whether christian or otherwise is so ridiculous that it seems laughable that its existence is a serious question. I would have less trouble believing in the Easter Bunny. Ignorance is no proof. Thomas Aquinas made a list of shit he couldn't figure out and said "See, that's what god did."

I look forward to the day when the human species can leave this superstition behind.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I look forward to the day when the human species can leave this superstition behind.
You do realize what it would take? :drunk:
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

thomas aquinas was a bad guy in end of days

why not believe in god. money as god, self as god. who do you pray to in your darkest hours trapped underneath a burning bush? me thats who B)
:chew:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

MadBill wrote:
Dogmeatlives wrote:I look forward to the day when the human species can leave this superstition behind.
You do realize what it would take? :drunk:
Evolution? Millions of years? I would say mass extinction but if only a few humans survived they would probably start praying to the sun and then the whole thing begins again.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

actually christian religions are derived from pagan sun cults B) :zeitgeist:

Nothing wrong with believing in god, science or anything for that matter as long as it doesn't go overboard.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Thor Kaufman wrote:actually christian religions are derived from pagan sun cults B) :zeitgeist:
Thats sorta what I meant by it all begins again. The problem with religion is that it usually does go overboard. You don't see scientists blowing eachother up over conflicting theories.

Don't get me wrong, I believe science has gotten out of hand and scientists repeatedly show absolutely no conscience or accountability for their often destructive creation but there simply is no room or need for any religions. They only foster ignorance.
Last edited by Dogmeatlives on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I can tell you what's wrong with believing in god.

People kill each other in the name of god instead just for the fun of killing. That's bad.

But so far I'm happy that DAC is mostly unreligious. Soon DAC will be ready for phase 5 of my glorious plan.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Well whatever. My athiest alliance will rise to meet you, so give phase 5 your best shot.

I believe people rarely kill in the name of god. Sure the followers of a religion may truely believe that killing for their god is justified and honorable, but it seems that the religious leaders are only using religion as a manipulation technique to achieve their earthly goals. And I'm sure even the religious leaders can lie to themselves and believe that their earthly goals coincide with God's plan for earth.

For instance, the belief by some fundamentalist Christians that god creates natural disasters because he dislikes homosexuals, rock&roll music, etc... but its not really god who dislikes homosexuals and rock&roll, its the ones who pretend to speak for their god who dislike the idea of homosexuality and they use "the will of god" to get their followers to follow their beliefs.

Well thats my rant for the week..

oh i forgot my point. My point is that if we do away with religions, it will take away that mask that intolerant and violent people often use to turn others toward hate.

Human being are not inherently good or evil. Most of us just want to live our lives out peacefully. I don't think society would crumble if we disproved heaven, hell, god's existence tomorrow.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

There's always that Pascal argument.

:drunk:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Peace is for the weak! Let's kill everything and everyone everywhere!
���������
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

NIVE wrote:You don't see scientists blowing eachother up over conflicting theories.
Exactly.
Out the raw wrote:ignorance.
Without religion, humans would only need turn to other sources.

Case in point ?

Ahahaha. :drunk:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Church of Euthanasia

"The One Commandment:
"Thou shalt not procreate"

The Four Pillars:
suicide · abortion
cannibalism · sodomy
"

:drunk:
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

God? No, thank you, I'm not that desperate as to believe the bullshit that flows from the mouths of the churches and temples. Maybe, when I'm out of money for less dangerous drugs, I'll accept Jeezus into my heart.

When you repeat the absurd for a prolonged period of time while also systematically enforcing it, it eventually becomes the norm. The same with every religion: by combining tradition with wishful thinking (aka faith, which, IMHO, is the most potent of the trio) and lack of proper education, you get followers. Thankfully, I somehow managed to get rid of at least two of those.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Religious fanaticism is the #1 bringer of war and conflict on this planet, why should we oppose it?

Atheists tend to be boring as hell. Horrible, horrible people. I'd like to brand a religious symbol on their forehead lawl.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

howl mockery at the cross

:chew:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Thor Kaufman wrote:believing in god, science.
I'm happy someone mentions science here :yes:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

PiP wrote:I'm happy someone mentions science here :yes:
99% of science is bullshit/irrelevant anyway.
Our Host!