Doc Hill and the Howlers

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Doc Hill and the Howlers

Post by Doc Hill »

This is my first attempt at fan fic. Feel free to give me feedback here. I'll post stories about the Howelrs as they get finished. This is Doc's origen and a very general Howler origen. Enjoy.

I am Doc Hill, healer of the wastes, sometimes hero, and all around survivor. This of course was not always so, once I had a different name, a name that I shall never utter again in voice, or in type. My life began in Vault City, my mother raised me, this was quite odd, but she said that a traveler who once told her to explore had inspired her. She decided I needed to be raised by her and her alone. Happily the traveler made a sperm deposit, and when the next breeding term came, so did I. There were few children for me to play with and even the few there were didn’t seem to appealing to me. I grew up in Vault City and became a medical assistant, but I soon came to loathe the slavery that was obvious, slavery wasn’t enough for these monsters, they had to brainwash their “servants�. I finally left on my twenty-first birthday. I donned my leather armor, grabbed my scoped Colt hunting rifle and my doctor’s bag and left that sorry hellhole forever.

I traveled for maybe a week when I came across a fierce battle. There was a sign that said� O.K. Corral Supermarket� and the battle was like hell come to earth.. On one side Enclave remnants in full armor, with what looked to be Vindicator mini-guns( I used to stare at the weapon archives for hours) ,on the other a doomed band of men in trench coats and Stetsons, armed with gauss rifles, my choice was made. My armor was flimsy, my gun was weak, but my spirit was more than willing. I started firing and noticed the man beside me his trench coat was more like the one a cowboy would wear than a businessman. He looked over at me and smiled, he said, �Howdy par…� I never heard the rest; his face was now a crater. After seventy-six hours we had won. After burying their fallen comrades the leader walked up to me and said, � My name is Wyatt and these here are my brothers, We think that the ol’ Doc would have wanted to have these (He handed me a trench coat, a pair of mirrored sunglasses, a Stetson, and a gauss rifle) These were Doc’s but they’re yours now. The hat and coat are as good as combat armor, we found the damndest tailor you ever did see.� As he walked away he turned and asked,� By the way what’s your name stranger?� I looked at my new clothes, and at my new gun and the answer was clear, �Doc Hill.� A smile crossed his face and as he walked away he called,� Mighty fine name stranger, just don’t tarnish the silver.� I never heard from them again.

I started up a practice in New Reno. I ended up leaving after a year. A war of supremacy had begun, I didn’t like any of the sides so I left. I ran with the N.C.R. Rangers for a while after that. I learned how to survive there. I didn’t stay because I felt too boxed in. All that saluting gave me a headache no stimpack could cure. I headed out toward San Francisco. I found the weirdest thing. A huge underground complex under an old bridge. There were scorch marks up top but the complex was pristine. I moved in. I came across some friendly guys at a bar that had opened up called The Dragon’s Drink. Weird name but the Shi were weird people. I came across this group, a guy,a ghoul, a girl, and a supermutant, Bob, Ace, Marie, and Craiger, respectively. Turns out they were looking for employment. I had had an idea kicking around my head for years. I wanted to start a mercenary service. I wanted to help people and get paid for it. Of course I would be limited by the fact that I couldn’t hire myself out to jerks and assholes(basicly evil for lack of a better word. ) So I posed the question and the answer was a resounding “yes�.

So that is how the Howlers were born. These are our stories, our tales, our legends.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
The Shrike
Respected
Respected

Post by The Shrike »

That is a good story one of the better ones I have read in a while. I am interested in more stories about Doc Hill and the Howlers
The_one-1
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by The_one-1 »

I thinks thats great story, like shrike said, I'll be looking towards other Doc Hill storys. Keep up the good work.
Would you like to get high with that?
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

Next installment. More backround info. Hopefully live up to the first. I 'll fleshout the appearence as I go. Until then fill in your own. Enjoy.

From The Memoirs of Doc Hill,

As I lay my past onto paper I find it necessary to tell the stories of those who came to be part of the Howlers. The first that comes to mind is Marie. No last name. Five foot three, gray eyes that bore into your soul, short raven hair that frames her face in darkness, and a kick that will send your balls through the top of your head. In short the perfect woman. She was born in Lost Vegas, apparently rebuilt Los Vegas; the place makes New Reno look like NCR. No mother to speak of, she raised herself. She became an expert at hand to hand and with anything with a blade. She worked as a mob enforcer for a while, originally she was a prostitute, but she kept killing customers. Someone found out and she got promoted. This is how she met Craiger the super mutant.

Craiger isn’t you typical super mutant, quiet, intelligent, and soft spoken; he was a fairly good scientist and a mob enforcer. He was born around a hundred a twenty-three years ago (Super mutants, they just keep on killing and killing…) in a place called Dante. He was the son of a mechanic. He was just a geeky kid, that was a long time ago. He had the eerie habit of quietly describing how he would kill you before he did it. More than one man slit his own throat rather than let Craiger touch them. He met Marie when they were sent to kill a ghoul by the name Ace. Ace turned out to be a very strange fellow.

Fact: Ghouls are slow
Fact: Ghouls are weak
Fact: Ghouls are generally really bad marksmen (dripping faces and whatnot)

Now consider this.
Fact: Ace moved like lightening
Fact: Ace once took a grenade in the chest and kept moving.
Fact: HE is the best sniper (besides me, of course) that I have ever seen.
So what was his secret?
He was the one, the only, ghoul cyborg. I shit you not.

Ace was part of an Enclave experiment to make mindless cyborg ghoul drones. They discontinued the program when Ace killed the researchers. Most of his past now lying in the half of gray matter lying on the operating table, he set out on his own. Unfortunately he had a weakness for craps. He owed the house too much, so Marie and Craiger were sent in. Every one would have had a shitty day if not for the incredible, inflammable, and downright homicidal Bob.

Bob….where to start. He’s insane; he has multiple personalities, all obsessed with fire and explosions. Sometime he muttered something about sebulba, and a trashcan. Man was certifiable. He was a master of explosives, never dropped the ball. He was a dead on professional. He was still insane. Wore goggles a lot, he liked old pre-war military uniforms too. Now how did he bring these people together? He was in Ace’s back room. Ace felt sorry for Bob and took him in. Bob was playing with a plasma grenade, and…well…. boom! Sizzle! The four survived, and figured out real quick that they were marked, because all the other enforcers were dead. The boss wouldn’t buy any story so they skipped out quick. (We’ll get back to him later) They worked their way through the wasteland and ended up at the Dragon’s Drink. We met, formed the Howlers, and the real fun began.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Our Host!