Hey anyone have mods for Fallout or fallout 2

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Hey anyone have mods for Fallout or fallout 2

Post by Som Guy »

hey ive been playing fallout2 since it was released and im finally getting tired of it. anybody have a mod for it so i can play with a diffrent story line
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I think he meant more areas and quests and monsters and other stuff rather than just modifications to the existing game. Has anyone created completely new stuff for Fallout beyond replacing/adding some guns and giving you Horrigan's armor?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

No, as until there's a map editor, changes will only be marginal.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

i hear there is a map editor out so now does anyone have any fallout 2 mods i could have
Red

Post by Red »

It's not. yet anyhow.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

WRONG FORUM!
------------------
Sirgalahadwizard
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Sirgalahadwizard »

Im making a fallout 2 mod.

Now, it is a guns and weapons mod for the most part... but it does drastically change the flow of the game. It's not some stupid mod where you get super armor or you get a god weapon, no.

Here is a short list of what i've done:
-----
.223cal weapons are now 5mm, .223cal FMJ ammo is now 5mm FMJ (sort-of like a standard-issue 5mm ammo, less valuable than JHP or AP)

The tommy gun and M3A1 are now .44calibre so they'll accept the same ammo as the desert eagle (and .45cal ACP is now .44cal ACP, which may also be used in desert eagles/revolvers).

Most weapons do more damage - especially melee weapons and hand grenades.

Armor suits provide more protection (since weapons are doing more damage).

Rearranged some sounds - some weapons just didn't sound right. I didn't replace any mind you - just rearranged them.

Alot of creatures have been edited to ensure that their health and armor values correspond to normal armor and weapon changes. Some creatures have been made harder to kill, some have been made to be more dangerous.

Alot of ammunition changes... weight, magazine capacity and AC/DR/Damage multi numbers.

Prices of all goods are 1/3 of normal (effectivly - more cash to barter with).

G11, G11E and Vindicator are particle beam weapons. They dont have a sound effect for an energy weapon that can do both single and burst in the game, so the G11's still sound like assault rifles. Think of these as low-powered gauss weapons.

Weapons I thought were more powerful than BIS gave them credit for are now more powerful/lethal (7.62mm weapons, miniguns, the rocket launcher).

14mm Pistol is a miniature 15mm grenade launcher now (with area effect). I got tired of not having a low-powered radial effect weapon.

AP counts for most pistols are reduced (they're designed to be quick weapons, which means that they should be faster than rifles).

Some trivial issues associated with ammunition were addressed (.223 autoloader is now a compact assault rifle, P-90 shoots 5mm bullets, Bozar and LSW both shoot 5mm now but retain most of their former glory).

Damage threshold/resistance has changed game balance - changed them based on what the armor was made of. Stuff like - an armor suit only gets good resistance to laser if it's shiny, only gets good resistance to fire if it's got some kind of flame retardant (leather or ceramic)... etc.

-----
Reasons:

Gameplay balance with weapons made sure that many weapons in the game became obsolete as soon as you got them (or wanted to you change to a different style of weapon once you reached another area). Now, some weapons from earlier on can still be used effectivly later on.

Lasers, although they are energy weapons, were made to be too weak against most characters. Fixed that, still have to fix plasma weapons though (since they ARE too powerful).

Ammunition behaved in a less than realistic manner (IMO).

There wasn't enough money to go around. Dividing the cost of all items by three makes gold coins have three times as much impact as before (three times the sting for a quest which costs you, three times sweeter when it rewards you). Because of this, it produces some odd effects (like, not having enough money to go through with a quest, which means you have to be resourceful... and being super-rich at the end of the game).

Seems that armor suits only progressed in usefulness in a linear fasion instead of rock-paper-scissors. Fixed that, now sometimes wearing a lesser armor suit is preferable (though power armor of any kind is usually better than any lower suit).

-----
Might not be new levels with new quests and artwork and everything - but it definatly puts a new spin on the game and in some ways gives you more freedom to which you want to play the game
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Well you are right about that not being what i was looking for but i'm sure a lot of poeple will appreciate it.
ABel
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by ABel »

:idea:
I made a modification to regular Spear. The Spear can be used to change backgound music in current location (music is chosen from the file-select dialog).

I will give you a link to this mod as soon as I place a readme inside the archive (:oops: I just found out that there is no description file included).
ABel
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by ABel »

Our Host!