The hjälp- Topic

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Kashluk

The hjälp- Topic

Post by Kashluk »

I need help in Fo1... I was in Boneyard and promised the regulators to take out the Blades. Then I went to their leader and talked with him, got the disc and went to finish some other quests. Then after a loong loong period of time, when I first had destroyed the death claws and taken my reward from the Gun Runners, I went to the reggies - BUT - there was no option to show the holodisc!! In fact, there was no disc in my inventory at all!

My intelligence is 7 and Speech ~70, does that have anything to do with it?

Or if it's just a bug, does anyone know a reliable inventory editor for Fo1, so I could add the disc to my inventory! :(
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Are you sure you haven't lost it? If there's no holodisc in your inventory, then I doubt an option will show up in the dialogue. Load and try again, you can put the holodisc in a shelf or somewhere where it's safe. If it's a bug, then I can't help you since I haven't had any problems with this...

You're Int and speech shouldn't affect the disappearance of the holodisc.

As for the inventory editor, no idea, you might try checking this:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/binaries/fallout_utils.shtml
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I'm pretty sure ( 3/4 ) that I haven't lost the disc. At least I can't find it anywhere where I possibly could've putted it!

And anyways, I'm able to ask for the disc over, over and over again - but still not getting it! :(

I got the 1.1 patch, though.
Kleptomaniac
Regular
Regular

Post by Kleptomaniac »

There's no other explanation, either you lost it, or you didn't get it in the first place. Don't worry though, it's not critical. In fact, it's of no importance at all.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Can I just go and kill the regulators? Do I still get the "happy ending" although I need to slay Zimmerman as well?

Please, please, please, say YES! 8O
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Speaking of the Boneyard and the Regulators etc., I've done four playthroughs of Fo1, beating the living crap out of the Regulators three out of four times, and I never got any ending for Adytum in the slideshow at the end. Is there an ending for Adytum? If so, what do you have to do to get it?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
The Shrike
Respected
Respected

Post by The Shrike »

Come to think of it I don't think I have gotten any ending for Adytum either.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Either my mind is screwed(again) or I don't remember an ending on Adytum. Like Klamath in Fallout 2. So I guess all the quests there only affects your karma. Only thing I'm sure, you never get a good ending on The Hub. ARRR!!
king_ota
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by king_ota »

I think you have to down load it into your pipboy to get the option where the regulaters attack
Hail to the King!
Its good to be the king!
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

IIRC, you have to be rather careful when talking to Razor. With my 10 INT, CHR, 150% Speech character, the most obvious dialogue option has her saying that it will be too dangerous, but not giving you the disc. I will have to go through and try it again though.
fuck
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well, didn't get the disc... Propably a bug, hmph... But killed the Regulators and my Reputation boosted for ~10. By the way found a USEFUL bug in the Blades-map!!!

After cleaning out the regulators go to talk with Mitchell. He offers you some stimpacks and money. Tell him NO, I can't take it. He still gives you some + you get +1 Reputation. The trick is, you can do it again and again and again and all over again!

I just boosted my stimpack reserves and reputation ~30 times :D

Heeheehee, it's so fun to be *a bug-exploiter!*
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Uhm, good for you. Although if you are careful with your stims you will have upwards of 100 by the endgame anyway..... :P
fuck
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Um... I'm level 11, never been to the Military Base or Cathedral and I got 350 stimpacks already :? Good, bad, fanatic?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well, I usually have about 100 unused stimpacks when I finish the game. I stop collecting them eventually, they're pretty useless compared to super stims.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Last time I checked (day before yesterday) I had 690 stims and 35 superstims. Is that *freakish* at all? :?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Yeah, maybe because you're a bit *freakish* too. :wink:
Det0x
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Det0x »

stimpacks are for wusses, take the pain like a man!

when i played f01 i almost never used a stimpack had a bunch when i finished the game..
[Khans]Det0x
AKA Murdoc
Neocron
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Yeah! Why use stimpacks when you can sleep the pain away in 72 hours after each battle? :P
Super stims though are lethal weapons. :wink:
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

I'm pretty sure that my first playthrough of Fallout (I was about ten years old and my character was called 'None') took me pretty close to the 500 day limit because I was sleeping all the time! Same with my 1st playthrough of Fo2. Arroyo was wiped out long before the Enclave showed up because I took too damn long!
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Our Host!