Webpage advice...

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Which webpage is better?

1.) The Old Webpage
18%
2.) The New Webpage
64%
3.) Neither, they Both sucked...
18%

Total votes: 11

Haplo

Webpage advice...

Post by Haplo »

Okay, this is my old webpage here...
http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/knightm ... index.html

And this is the Webpage that I just completed, but I haven't shifted it over to main yet...
http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/knightm ... ight1.html

If you looked at both, you can see that I've made a LOT of changes, but I'd like some suggestions on what else I could do to it...

I've created my own e-mail service, and I'm fine-tuning the forum for it...anything else that I could do?

(Please don't tell me that I need to work on content, I'm writing the faqs and such as we speak....)
Last edited by Haplo on Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I think they are both good. But the second one has the better layout. Looks more professional. That picture on the second page is breathtaking. Great work all around. Keep it up :wink:
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

I gotta admit, I can't draw at all, so I asked this guy I met online if I could use it...I have more pictures to post than that, but I can't figure out where to put them...
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

The second one is better. I loooooove it. :D Keep it up man !!! I wish i knew how to make webpages heh, i have to subscribe in angelfire and try to make one... :roll: but i'm to lazy to even remember making that... :wink:
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

You could have a pic or two of mine on your page. You can use my website as a catalogue type thing. Find the ones you want and I'll send them to you.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Angelfire allows for both beginners webpages and advanced users... I had to write all of that in HTML code, but it's not really all that hard...but I'm going to have to upgrade my account from a free one because I'm expecting more traffic through later down the road, after my application to Yahoo and Lycos goes through, and my forums are finished.

Roger that Reaper, I'll make a gallery page showcasing members talents and I'll add a link to your webpage to the Fellow knights section. Expect to see it within the next 10 minutes...
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Sounds good. I'll just dig up the pictures you asked for...
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Your link is up in the members section , gallery is created...now I'm waiting on those pictures to finish and link it to all the other pages in the site...
BJ, you want to contribute something?
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

If i can, yes. Tell me in what.

Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Any pictures, poetry, writings, rants, reviews etc...that you've written and want to see posted somewhere...
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Writings???

I have some to upload... two finished ones and two in the making...
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Hmmm...there are several ways that I could use them...
I could post them as downloadable .zip files...
I could post them as openable .txt files...
Or I could create New Pages for them and have them as Online Writings, and create another section for writings....

Which way?

Oh, and the gallery and links are up!
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Openable .txt files sound like a good choice. So that people can click on the link and a window pops up with the writing in it. So they can continue to surf while reading.

I saw the galley page :D
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Well, ship 'em my way, I've got to create a page, upload them, and post the links...oh, and post a sound file for it as well.... :wink:
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Will do. I've already got a sound file selected from that webpage you showed me :D
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Which one? Mind you, that if you want a mid to be playing while people are reading, to set the mood, I'll have to convert your writings into online text (which is a helluva lot easier than it sounds...)
I was thinking of making a page for literature linked to all others, with it's own subsidiary pages for stories, each with it's own page, only linked to the main literature page....and each could have it's own mood setting theme song...what do you think of that?
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

That sounds like a very good idea. You should do that then. I'll get you some fitting mid files then.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Roger that. Anyone else have some ideas?
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

What about some cool pics?
No it's not my car... :roll:

This one should be at the entrance of feelings online...

This one's for Guardian...

LOL

What you need is publicity man...
Image :wink:

You have to walk the paths that are not obvious...

When something goes wrong just remember... It's not your fault...

Just don't forget that you're smart than most of people...

You can always get another if this site goes wrong...

At least you can write a program for me :roll: .

Just remember, every path leads to Rome.

Don't forget to use more than one operative sistem...

Just hope no one is driving while seeing this...

And i better stop for now... :D Hope you liked it... :wink:

Oh just a couple of things...

1) Math is not THAT bad :wink: .

2) Buy your beers here...

3) And be a good father...

Haplo

Post by Haplo »

Wow, that's....a lot...I really like two of em though :D I'll see what I can do...

Our Chat Room is Up! You'll have to give a handle and password, but it works!
Our Host!